Coronavirus | Page 512 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

This is it Mike and Pfiezer are saying that all their testing was done within the 4 week period and they did'nt test anybody after the four weeks. Still the Gov have instructed the GPs to go against it.

I thought it was just the blathers of Bliar being picked up by a few other MPs.

As far as I know the Gov can't actually do that without going through the approval process....oh it seems the regulators have made that change. I'd missed that.

Absolutely batshit.

Delaying second doses of the vaccine sounds like a good idea in theory because it means more people can have it, but have they considered that Pfizer says there is no evidence that the first jab gives more than 3 weeks of immunity?

It might end up being the same for the Oxford vaccine as well, but I think the gap is meant to be 4 weeks there.

The government have got one job here, don't to balls up this vaccine roll out. Imagine buying more than 100 million doses of something potentially life-saving only to waste it by ignoring data from manufacturers and clinical trials.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...cond-stage-nhs-vaccinations-delayed-across-uk

Indeed I posted similar a few pages back on this topic. The government are so busy trying to be hero’s their cutting corners, all so Bozo and HanCOCK can cry on TV once we’re approaching the end. But given the track record of failure, I can’t believe they are cutting corners on this.

It might turn out to be fine, but equally what’s the point in immunising millions of people for it to be only say 50% effective?

I’ve no idea if it’s a risk to use this tactic or not, but on an economic factor if there is any doubt of its effectiveness through not administering properly surely that’s a huge own goal.

Hey ho, we got Brexit done I guess.

My parents have got their first jab (80's) on Saturday and have already been given a date 3 weeks later for their 2nd jab. So I assume this the pfiezer version. Hope they don't balls it up and postponr their 2nd jab, against the drug manufacturers recommendation.

When it looked like there was a breakthrough with the vaccine up pops Bozo and his cronies to fuck up our hopes.

Always knew it was too good to be true.

Can you believe they are cancelling patients expecting a second dose, rather than start the one dose strategy from after those in the queue?

Well, you probably can and calling anything with these jokers a strategy is an overstatement.

Really?

If so, arrgghhhhhhhhhh

My parents, 80 and 81, have had no notifcation of a jab yet. Shocking to me that, especially as dad nearly died of pneumonia last year and mom has had two strokes this year!

Oh I see.

The UK's chief medical officers have defended the Covid vaccination plan, after criticism from a doctors' union.

The UK will give both parts of the Oxford and Pfizer vaccines 12 weeks apart, having initially planned to leave 21 days between the Pfizer jabs.

The British Medical Association said cancelling patients booked in for their second doses was "grossly unfair".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55503739

I have zero faith in this lot getting this vaccine rolled out effectively.
All the figures... 1 million a week... 1/3 of the country by April bla bla bla.
I just cant see it happening. Not on track record anyway. They are going to fuck this up. Again. Can see it a mile off.

I don’t doubt that one dose is enough to reduce hospital admissions to some degree , but let’s say dose one covers 70% of people whereas the second dose covers the takes immunisation up to 90% - I’ve no idea if this is how it works but I’m mathematician and this is how my head sees things.

The risk is that you’ve got 20% of the population who think they’re covered from dose 1, who will slip from mask wearing, social distancing and hand washing - however they aren’t protected as dose 1 wasn’t enough and will end up sick or potentially dead. At the same time as they continue the spread knowingly or not.

I just don’t see the point in doing another job so half arsed, especially when you’re dealing with the most vulnerable at the start.

I get there is a flip side to the argument that immunising more people less thoroughly to get it out quicker is what this is saying, but it seems strange to me to roll that out on mass without having done some testing on it over the next few weeks.

I don’t doubt that one dose is enough to reduce hospital admissions to some degree , but let’s say dose one covers 70% of people whereas the second dose covers the takes immunisation up to 90% - I’ve no idea if this is how it works but I’m mathematician and this is how my head sees things.

The risk is that you’ve got 20% of the population who think they’re covered from dose 1, who will slip from mask wearing, social distancing and hand washing - however they aren’t protected as dose 1 wasn’t enough and will end up sick or potentially dead. At the same time as they continue the spread knowingly or not.

I just don’t see the point in doing another job so half arsed, especially when you’re dealing with the most vulnerable at the start.

I get there is a flip side to the argument that immunising more people less thoroughly to get it out quicker is what this is saying, but it seems strange to me to roll that out on mass without having done some testing on it over the next few weeks.

Arfer Job by the sound of it

I have zero faith in this lot getting this vaccine rolled out effectively.
All the figures... 1 million a week... 1/3 of the country by April bla bla bla.
I just cant see it happening. Not on track record anyway. They are going to fuck this up. Again. Can see it a mile off.

Yep, I concure. I'm pretty certain Piers Morgan will be ranting and raving all the way to the end of April as the vaccine is slowly rolled out. We will then see the numbers fall, as we did last year, because that's what happens to corona viruses in spring/summer, and the government will feel the pressure subside, and they will potter about with the vaccine until November when guess what, it all starts kicking off again. They are already getting the excuses ready talking about they will vaccinate as long as the supply is there. Lets put it this way, I'm not expecting to be vaccinated in 2021.