Brewers droop | Page 6 | Vital Football

Brewers droop

Would you count tonight as one of those games ?

We won despite him, not because of him and that is more often than what you claim.

Perhaps we would still be in the championship if not for his antics v WBA last season.
Tonight, he was ok, but should have done better for their second........but then again so should the ones marking the back post.

"Despite him" is rubbish.

I'm sure WBA haunts him ........as do other games with every other single player.

So it is ok to balance regulation saves which is part of his job with shocking lapses and errors like two tonight.

Two? It's a comment like that which shows you're trying too hard.

If you think the Shrews save "regulation," then there's little point having an objective discussion.

Last edited:
This team has been vilified for, making a Draw, Winning and for Losing.

Some of it's justified, but when they Win, instead of praising the Team,
some the fans are still not satisfied, you need to get off your 'High Horses'
and forget the 'Glory Teams' of the past. they have gone.

We are were we are, and it's no good 'Bellyaching' about it,
we should be grateful we still have League
Club to support and long may it continue.

Time to now stop singnaling out individual players. I am sure everyone of our own players are doing their best for each other, the fans and the club.
If Jones had been a world beater he would have been a regular last season. He isn't but he will be doing his best. The defence too are not going out of their way to be shaley, three of the four are on loan but will be trying their best they can and hopefully the knit before they go back.
We are on a pretty good run all things considered so let's hope they can keep it up.

During a game formby " balanced " is the last word you could describe yourself with. One minute you're on suicide watch then swing to a meth high then back to suicide watch...there is ground in-between, try it.

We are a mix of loans, blokes who haven't played in years and kids. 3 of our 4 senior outfield players are injured. To compete like we are is commendable and shows the fight that still exists at the club.

Kyle Joseph's goal were obviously the main talking point of the game, but I was also very impressed with his willingness to get back and defend absolutely brilliant performance. Gardner was also very impressive when he came on. Defence is still very shaky but can't fault them for effort! Love this club!

For those that can't see Liam is pulling off a miracle I suggest you look at Boltons results and league standing after admin in this league last season. Unbelievable.

Bolton Started off at Minus 20 and would have probably stayed up without points deductions

One long term Latics fan summed it up on CL site '' this is NOT a normal Latics team of recent times, but an Admin 11 team and they been have thrown into the 'Lions Den' without any warning.

Give them break for 'God's Sake'.

I think everyone is giving them a break, but it's not wrong to discuss things that could be better. Jamie Jones has made some great saves this season but has let some howlers in, I think most would say he would not be their first choice all things being even, but we are were we are

Bolton Started off at Minus 20 and would have probably stayed up without points deductions
Bolton started off on minus 12,were 22 points adrift with a poor goal difference and only 11 games left before covid stopped the season.Even without that deduction they would've gone down unless a miracle tics style great escape happened.

Bolton started off on minus 12,were 22 points adrift with a poor goal difference and only 11 games left before covid stopped the season.Even without that deduction they would've gone down unless a miracle tics style great escape happened.
To be fair to them they were in an even more dire straits team selection wise when the season kicked off.

To be fair to them they were in an even more dire straits team selection wise when the season kicked off.
We did have a bit more experience in the squad than they did when the season kicked off but those experienced players have really suffered with injuries this season.Plus they got taken over only a few games into the season in late August and then signed a load of more experienced players.

So it is ok to balance regulation saves which is part of his job with shocking lapses and errors like two tonight.
That last minute save was hardly a "regulation save". I'm not saying he is not suspect at times, but this is L1 and we are a lower half team at best currently. Plus the number of goals he is allegedly at prime fault with are grossly exaggerated by those who have an axe to grind.
Seems to me that Jones is the new Naismith for now as far as some are concerned.

Last edited:
During a game formby " balanced " is the last word you could describe yourself with. One minute you're on suicide watch then swing to a meth high then back to suicide watch...there is ground in-between, try it.
We’ll have to agree to differ Hindley. I’m the first to admit that I have found watching us tough since the team was given away and yes, I get incredibly frustrated, but for once, I thought I was reasonably balanced in my comments last night. I’m finding it tough to watch I guess after the highs of the second half of last season.

They had a 12 point deduction and without it would have finished on 26 points instead of 14, (9 points from safety even without the deduction) and would have still finished next to bottom.

Last edited:
There has been posts on here very recently about lack of money being spent on the pitch and the stadium infrastructure.

I should imagine there is 'bare bones' money being spent on the players
welfare/training/travel arrangements, it's ok for some fans to say they are
giving the players a 'break', we are a 'patched' up team who are trying their
best in awful circumstances, do you not think they would like more experienced players in the team of course they would.

Too many fans have been used to the 'Feast' times of the past,
we are now in the 'Famine' times.

I think there's a logical, understandable reason behind the lack of spending on - and therefore, condition of - our pitch. However, Burton's last night was every bit as bad.

Given the massive reduction to clubs' incomes, I doubt we can expect billiard tables any time soon.

I doubt Kyle Joseph will be bothered much. 😁

I think everyone is giving them a break, but it's not wrong to discuss things that could be better. Jamie Jones has made some great saves this season but has let some howlers in, I think most would say he would not be their first choice all things being even, but we are were we are
Agreed but how poor must Owen Evans be ?