Brewers droop | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brewers droop

Kal Naismith is becoming a crock this season or he's just been unlucky. When his stubbornness finally played him in position last spring and summer it changed our season.
Fair point, but it seemed to me the arrival of Balogun really delivered the ‘missing piece’....that, your point re Naismith and the fact that both Moore and Lowe finally appeared to settle all combined to deliver the turnaround.

The goals Joseph scores aswell are not exactly tap ins either. Has a real natural finish on him. Can see alot of Grigg in Joseph

Its got to be said Jamie Jones badly at fault with second goal.All this hoof all is akin to North West Counties standard

Got to keep hold of Kyle Joseph at any cost he is a raw diamond

I agree with Jock we are struggling to defend crosses to the far post and I think LR agrees, for the last corner he has pulled Joseph back to cover.

We look good going forward and Pearce is the best outlet, just hope Joseph can get on the end of one of those pinged in crosses.

They look as poor as their league position says, but are still dangerous on the break. We can do this if we have belief and play passing football.

C'mon you tics.

Very exciting 1st half - Burton scored both goals from set pieces.

We just need to be aware of their technique of floating the corners and free kicks to the far goal post and a mass of their players flocking to it.

But I’m looking forward to the second half and I am keeping my fingers crossed for young Joseph to get his hat trick !

I think we have a chance of going home with all 3 points if we can put in a second shift like the first !

Its got to be said Jamie Jones badly at fault with second goal.All this hoof all is akin to North West Counties standard

Got to keep hold of Kyle Joseph at any cost he is a raw diamond

Not sure Jones at fault for the second, more poor marking from the CB's. But certainly agree with you about Joseph. I would also like to see Aasgaard and Merrie offered decent deals, both look to have that bit of quality.

We are a mess at the back but it must give the lads a lot of confidence to come from behind twice after struggling to do that all season. If we don't win this only ourselves to blame - Burton are there for the taking if we can just cut out the errors to give away goals.

A proper organiser and leader at centre half in January is desperately needed at the very least - like when we brought in someone like Fox or Mulgrew, towards the end of their career but you could see the benefit of their experience and the difference their talking did to the others around them.

Preferably a solid keeper too - Jones is just too eratic for me, does the hard things well pulling off wonder saves but then let's himself down on what should be routine stuff you'd expect any keeper to deal with - im think someone like Gilks a few years ago, probably on the older side, not spectacular but really steady.

If we could just cut out the soft goals we conceed we'd easily avoid relegation. Most of the goals we let in have been our own fault and totally avoidable rather than the opposition earning them.