Callum Lang | Vital Football

Callum Lang

Paul Kendrick said it a few days ago. He said he hadn't been told officially but had been led to believe it would be happening.

Great news - however news of Sheridan's departure clearly hasn't been received north of the border !

Kid whos got a load of experience already, from what I've seen could be a star in the making.

Think he'll be able to easily fill garners place..

Not exactly set the world of Scottish football on fire but has proven to be effective in other loan situations. I don't want to hang my hopes on a young player but I hope he is up for it and storms the league.

I hope with his introduction that we lose the long ball tactic as it is certainly not playing to his strengths. He is a player full of pace and power and likes the ball played through to run on to, the way Oldham used him and his most successful season to date.

Feel sorry for the lad because loads of fans are going to mark him as the saviour and put completely unfair expectations on him. Then slag him off when he doesn't live up to those unfair expectations.

Feel sorry for the lad because loads of fans are going to mark him as the saviour and put completely unfair expectations on him. Then slag him off when he doesn't live up to those unfair expectations.

So true and typical of us Latics fans. Unfortunately.

I don’t think he will disappoint

Gsm mate evans is a decent league 1 striker have you noticed what kind of predicament the clubs in these days 6 month contract keep us up bingo build again for next season

With all the baggage that comes with him, I'd leave him well alone, whatever our predicament - if someone's discipline is that poor that they end up getting sacked by Joey Barton then that says it all for me

Some people on here are you winding me up beggers cant be choosers we are back in the days of the late 80s early 90s no money when we was signing people like bryan griffiths phil daley from local non league sides who to be fair to them did a decent job for us i was just saying that evans would do a decent job short term and try and keep the club in league one is that what u want or be total snowflakes because the lads been to jail

Some people on here are you winding me up beggers cant be choosers we are back in the days of the late 80s early 90s no money when we was signing people like bryan griffiths phil daley from local non league sides who to be fair to them did a decent job for us i was just saying that evans would do a decent job short term and try and keep the club in league one is that what u want or be total snowflakes because the lads been to jail
I don't think peoples reservations are because he's been to jail, it's because he has a reputation for having an attitude problem which, given our desperate fight for survival, could be (in some people's opinion) detrimental to our chances of staying in league one. He's undoubtedly more talented than the majority of our squad but if the overall effect he has is more negative (on say squad unity and morale) than positive, then it's a no from me.
This doesn't make me a snowflake Scholes, I just happen to have a different opinion to you.
I'd rather we tried to look for solid pro's who want to be around for a couple of seasons to try to help us out of this mess, not take a punt on players with a dubious and untrustworthy history.

Sorry mate, I just see him as a disruptive influence in the same mould as Windass, a player that sees himself as better than others and unhappy to be criticised on and off the pitch. As others have said if Barton can't control him I doubt he is salvageable.

Windass, by the way, is now pushing for a move away from Sheff Wed. No commitment to the cause and I fear Ched Evans is of the same ilk.