Our Fishy Friends | Page 4 | Vital Football

Our Fishy Friends

Why do I suspect that Ollie is likely to be the only one of whatever protagonists emerge, to come out of what is likely to be a prolonged saga, with any semblance of dignity?

Last edited:
I sincerely hope he didn't sell his house to invest in the club, as he promised to.

It was an ill-fated appointment from the start, as most of their managerial appointments have been in recent years. Their highest league finish in the last 15 seasons is 14th in League Two, incredibly frustrating for the supporters, in which time they have had 11 full-time managers plus 5 caretakers. We have had 9 managers in that same period, and that is quite a high number in itself. They really need to get this next appointment right - with the likes of Southend picking up and Barrow about to appoint a new manager (rumoured to be Jolley, by the way), they don't have much time to turn it around.

If the new owners do not have the money to employ a proven manager like Paul Cook or Graham Alexander (although they had large budgets where they were successful), they could do worse than revisit the Jolley philosophy. They set out to find their own Danny Cowley back then, but they got the wrong man. Instead of finding an ambitious young manager with a good track record in the divisions below, they appointed someone with a high coaching qualification and no track record at all. There are some young managers out there with potential - Luke Garrard at Boreham Wood has a good name for starters. On the other side of the coin, they may choose to go for a safe pair of hands just to ensure safety, but what is a safe pair of hands these days?

As I understand it, I'm pleased to say IH did not sell his house and lose his money at GTFC.

He's a colourful character who often seems on the edge and acts with emotion. It would have been needless and ill judged for him to have lost that money.

As I understand it, I'm pleased to say IH did not sell his house and lose his money at GTFC.

He's a colourful character who often seems on the edge and acts with emotion. It would have been needless and ill judged for him to have lost that money.

The bloke is a cringeworthy fraud, from a bygone age ... I’ve just listened to his post match comments from last night, comical doesn’t come close taking into account his decision this morning.

My only worry is that they’ll get The Cowley’s ... please Danny, I know you’re bored, but surely you wouldn’t sink that low? 🙏🏼

The bloke is a cringeworthy fraud, from a bygone age ... I’ve just listened to his post match comments from last night, comical doesn’t come close taking into account his decision this morning.

My only worry is that they’ll get The Cowley’s ... please Danny, I know you’re bored, but surely you wouldn’t sink that low? 🙏🏼
I doubt they are that desperate for a gig!

They don’t need to rush into anything for a while yet. That said, despite the mess the club is in, I genuinely hope they pull through. Rivalry aside, they are a proper football club with a proud history.

More chance of me applying, and getting the job. What they need to rescue them comes from a bloke has a birthday in the next few days.

Thinking about it as the West Ham / Everton of the lower leagues they wouldn’t want anyone to move away from the silky flowing football they’re used to.

[QUOTE="Scotimp"
On the other side of the coin, they may choose to go for a safe pair of hands just to ensure safety, but what is a safe pair of hands these days?[/QUOTE]

Big Sam must be kicking himself, If only he'd waited another week, he could have landed the massive Grimsby gig.

Could it be that John Fenty is a secret Lincoln City supporter?

What a complete shambles of a club they are.

Grimsby hook a proven manager in Ian Holloway, sign a Pollock, and then Holloway throws them back into the water again. Grimsby Town could become an endangered species, if they are not careful.

I hope that Lincoln don't throw away what they have achieved over the last few years.

We don't want this all over again.

No fear, the Cowleys won't be going there.

Joking aside the few Codheads that don’t have delusions of grandeur deserve better than the shite they’ve had served up by Fenty over the years.

Holloway was an appalling appointment, the man is an absolute dinosaur. Got the job off the back of being a rent-a-gob of Sky for a few years.