NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 347 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know longer believe a word this bloke says, he’s full of shit.

Says it’s non negotiable - but until it’s signed it’s negotiable. I’m sure that was an indirect message for the Spanish. They should lower their bid as it’s clear admins have gone all in and won’t/can’t afford to turn them down and start afresh. Screwing these tossers over would earn my instant endearment.

The new Tier 4 restrictions and the border and European link lockdowns may well be the death throws for this club.

It has to have an effect. And its still up in the air if the season will continue, with this new strain of Covid, and the fact more and more players and clubs are having Covid Cases.

Nightmare at the best of time, all the more when you're a club in Admin, trying to get new ownership.

The new Tier 4 restrictions and the border and European link lockdowns may well be the death throws for this club.

It has to have an effect. And its still up in the air if the season will continue, with this new strain of Covid, and the fact more and more players and clubs are having Covid Cases.

Nightmare at the best of time, all the more when you're a club in Admin, trying to get new ownership.
The Fans are in TIERS at the state the club are in at present and the
'snail pace' takeover off the club.

I don't think it implied that KDZ. I'd have thought the 7 sets were 2 sets for Moreno (1 Spanish, 1 English), then 1 each for the Admins, the College, the Council, The Rugby, and the EFL.

I agree though, it's probably with Moreno's team(s) to finalise.
What college?

Don't know, but as per the Wigan Today article, apparently some college has a lease on Christopher Park. St John Rigby? St John Fisher school?

I'm trying to remember. A mate of mine's dad used to be the councillor in charge of education at Wigan MBC & I remember him telling me about the work at the time.
He also said it had been a pleasure dealing with Dave Whelan who just proposed it, signed the deal & got the work done. He was also a Bolton fan with no previous love for Mr Whelan so it was high praise indeed
I have a feeling that it was Wigan Tech College/Wigan & Leigh College or whatever it's called nowadays

I don't think it implied that KDZ. I'd have thought the 7 sets were 2 sets for Moreno (1 Spanish, 1 English), then 1 each for the Admins, the College, the Council, The Rugby, and the EFL.

I agree though, it's probably with Moreno's team(s) to finalise.

I thought he said the council, admin etc were already done and EFL would finalise it within a day once they get it back to them. Leaving the Spanish as the party currently working.

I'm trying to remember. A mate of mine's dad used to be the councillor in charge of education at Wigan MBC & I remember him telling me about the work at the time.
He also said it had been a pleasure dealing with Dave Whelan who just proposed it, signed the deal & got the work done. He was also a Bolton fan with no previous love for Mr Whelan so it was high praise indeed
I have a feeling that it was Wigan Tech College/Wigan & Leigh College or whatever it's called nowadays
I agree with this MB when I was at school Wigan Tech had Christopher Park,not sure about now but certainly in the past

Don't know, but as per the Wigan Today article, apparently some college has a lease on Christopher Park. St John Rigby? St John Fisher school?

I believe it is Wigan & Leigh College - the old Wigan Technical College.
I seem to remember they had an interest years ago but thought we had taken it over al long time ago.

I thought he said the council, admin etc were already done and EFL would finalise it within a day once they get it back to them. Leaving the Spanish as the party currently working.
He did, which is why I agreed with your concluding statement. He didn't say the 7 sets of lawyers were still working on it though, just that they all have their own set of "problems" (and therefore, questions), almost certainly because of the specific interests of their clients.

Latics/ Whelan did take it over/ buy Christopher Park from Wigan Tech. Latics have ploughed hundreds of thousands of pounds into it over the years. Don't think anyone but Latics have used it since.
Probably the Rugby post putting in stumbling blocks.
When this went from Chow to Yeung I don't seem to recall a gang of parasite lawyers getting involved and the college was never mentioned then either or when Whelan sold the lot to Chow.

Latics/ Whelan did take it over/ buy Christopher Park from Wigan Tech. Latics have ploughed hundreds of thousands of pounds into it over the years. Don't think anyone but Latics have used it since.
Probably the Rugby post putting in stumbling blocks.
When this went from Chow to Yeung I don't seem to recall a gang of parasite lawyers getting involved and the college was never mentioned then either or when Whelan sold the lot to Chow.
They haven't been mentioned this time either ......till now. If they own the lease, then they obviously have a role to play, albeit not one that would normally obstruct progress. I suppose Stanley was just bigging up the number of parties involved in reaching this point.

They haven't been mentioned this time either ......till now. If they own the lease, then they obviously have a role to play, albeit not one that would normally obstruct progress. I suppose Stanley was just bigging up the number of parties involved in reaching this point.
Whilst listening to Johnny Logan singing "What's another year" on his Latics funded Bose sound system.

Surely, the points you make apply to every club below the Championship (and even some of them too).

Ironically, as has been pointed out before, us being forced to pare costs to the bone may have actually helped us get a step ahead of where other clubs are right now.

Certainly, Christopher Park used to be the sports facilities for Wigan College until Latics moved in. Not sure what the leasing arrangements are, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.