NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 266 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spanish bidders may well have their faults,
but they were the FIRST to put their money on the table
and they have been funding the club.

They have been put through the Spanish Inquisition
by the EFL, who are 'Faultless' at this 'fit and proper test' lark.

Step forward the 'SimCity' bidder and any other bidders
and put your money
on the table and let the EFL give you
a good 'going over' to see if you can beat the EFL at this
'Snakes and Ladders' game on who wins the Latics prize.

I read it more as they think the EFL made the right call. But now they feel they can finally move forward with alternatives and want admin to open up exclusivity.

They were in a difficult position if they thought the Spanish were wrong but they were most likely to get us. They couldn't force admin to accept offers from others and wouldn't want to bury the new owners in case they had to try and work with them moving forward. Only real option is to keep your mouth shut and see how it plays out.

I don't think SC are to blame in the least.

My problem with the SC is the method they used and seem to be continuing to use. Its failed multiple times now. If they were to go public with their aims, it would let a bidder either accept or reject those terms. There is likely no point going back through the bid the way they did with the Spanish and now they have a bit more of an idea (they should have already, but oh well) what a bidder would want.

Example:
minimum 5%
No pay back clause
X of the money given invested into Y projects
No removable seat on the board
<insert clause here>
<insert clause here>

That way the fans know they are doing the "right thing" and if a bid wants to involve them, they know the terms. Even if they end up having to come down from their terms, its easy for them to justify doing it to push it over the line, as long as it doesn't compromise the end aims.

That's (In my opinion) called "operating democratically, fairly, transparently and with financial responsibility and encouraging the club to do the same"

By operating like this they'd be "promoting responsible and constructive community engagement" and "being the democratic and representative voice of the supports of the club", as far as I'm concerned.

As a group of supporters we could also see them trying to be "achieving the greatest possible supporter and community influence in the running and ownership of the club" on our behalf.

If we've had this much trouble with bidders, we can start assume any bid is likely going to be an up hill battle and the SC has a real chance to step up.

The Spanish bidders may well have their faults,
but they were the FIRST to put their money on the table
and they have been funding the club.

They have been put through the Spanish Inquisition
by the EFL, who are 'Faultless' at this 'fit and proper test' lark.

Step forward the 'SimCity' bidder and any other bidders
and put your money
on the table and let the EFL give you
a good 'going over' to see if you can beat the EFL at this
'Snakes and Ladders' game on who wins the Latics prize.
What alternatives are there to the Spanish. A Coventry situation at best, a Darlington situation with the supporters club help or a Bury situation.

Mr Smurthwaite has already stated he will wait at the back of the que for when all else fails

It's looking increasingly like if there is a deal to be done its going to be the one where the rugby get the stadium and the football can concentrate on getting the club on the straight and narrow. Not a bad thing in my view. It's the best deal all around and should have been completed 4 months ago then this mess would have been a 'What if' scenario, as it is though, this mess is now because of a result of no deal being done. I said in early summer this deal would represent the best one for all concerned but the admins stuck around either to waste time and earn more or thinking some oil tycoon was going to come in or both.

Interesting developments really thought the Spanish where the best option to save our club and do hope that Moreno does not walk away and gets a new player involved
But I feel he might do now
Now after reading the sc letter I feel they now will get the nod from Nandy and the leneghan brigade to take control of the club with the sale of stadium to the enemy from within this to some fans will be the end and too hard for alot of fans to take
But good news for those closet leneghan
fans on here and you know who you are you stick out like a sore thumb the club I have supported since a child and loved is coming to a final end destroyed from within very surprised by the sc role in all of this if they do what I feel is going to happen now f

It's looking increasingly like if there is a deal to be done its going to be the one where the rugby get the stadium and the football can concentrate on getting the club on the straight and narrow. Not a bad thing in my view. It's the best deal all around and should have been completed 4 months ago then this mess would have been a 'What if' scenario, as it is though, this mess is now because of a result of no deal being done. I said in early summer this deal would represent the best one for all concerned but the admins stuck around either to waste time and earn more or thinking some oil tycoon was going to come in or both.
Rugby owning the stadium will be the end for many
Strange how some folk appear when things go tits up on here especially scum from the Warriors and bolton

Interesting developments really thought the Spanish where the best option to save our club and do hope that Moreno does not walk away and gets a new player involved
Now after reading the sc letter I feel they now will get the nod from Nandy and the leneghan brigade to take control of the club with the sale of stadium to the enemy from within this to some fans will be the end and too hard for alot of fans to take
fans on here and you know who you are you stick out like a sore thumb the club I have supported since a child and loved is coming to a final end destroyed from within very surprised by the sc role in all of this if they do what I feel is going to happen now f

If it was Springfield Park i could understand but what is the DW really? It's a soulless pit that the rugby and football both hate. It's bricks and mortar at the end of the day that costs a lot of money. If Latics survive then it's the best outcome surely. That's the important thing in all of this whole saga.

If it was Springfield Park i could understand but what is the DW really? It's a soulless pit that the rugby and football both hate. It's bricks and mortar at the end of the day that costs a lot of money. If Latics survive then it's the best outcome surely. That's the important thing in all of this whole saga.
What is the DW its our home our identity our independence from your rugby team real latics fans who love the club will feel the same
Only those the enemy from within will think otherwise and there are one or two on here

This rejection has put the final nail in our coffin if we were hoping to push ahead with our ambitions IE to climb the leagues. Wigan is not an attractive proposition for buyers we are a relatively poor town. It is back to non league days , the Boston United's, South Liverpools ect but I remember they were happy days.

Now after reading the sc letter I feel they now will get the nod from Nandy and the leneghan brigade to take control of the club with the sale of stadium to the enemy

Not gonna happen Bicky ....... well, not yet any road. We're at least 5 steps away from that.

1. Moreno finds another player to replace Cristo. (Might even be Sup Club).
2. Royle pursues his bid.
3. Frampton's money man walks the walk.
4. Some other late player sticks in their two penn'orth.
5. Lenegan gets his stadium, and SC run Tics for a very, very short while - that money won't last long- till we can bring in more funding.

5 steps Bicky. At least.

Not gonna happen Bicky ....... well, not yet any road. We're at least 5 steps away from that.

5. Lenegan gets his stadium, and SC run Tics for a very, very short while - that money won't last long- till we can bring in more funding.

5 steps Bicky. At least.

Also RRR have a live bid in so if Spanish walk then we immediately accept it - even without the deposit.

TBF tho MiW you've not been in favour of the Spanish bid from the outset so the relief for you may well be 'palpable' but for some of us, well me anyway it's just like awaiting another nail in the coffin & any other bidders / potential buyers will have to go down the exact same route otherwise the Spanish will have something to say & in the meantime our club is on the edge of extinction. Regardless of what u may say that had the Spanish bid got the go ahead we'd be in trouble further down the line....we'd still have had a club for that bit longer or perhaps even have the potential of another suitor...but as it stands we've got NO potential buyer n NO potential bidder prepared to put their money where their mouth is.....fearful to say the least.

I was in favour at first Jock, grateful that they had come on the scene. However the more I heard the more convinced I was that they were not right for us. I understand your concerns Jock, and I guess we all share them. Looking at the date it’s unlikely any deal will be concluded before the window shuts so relegation id say is now highly probable. However if we get a decent owner in place then that is the main thing for me and we can look forward with optimism.

I keep reading about the SC buying the club, how? The EFL insist on seeing proof of funds for the club to be run for 2 years, with the best will in the world £800k is not going to cover that

Nandy statement pretty much confirms RRR bid in and she is backing it, also echos SCs sentiments that EFL were right to reject and there is no interest in a repackaged Spanish bid. Clearly behind the scenes there was serious issues with the Spanish proposal that even now aren't being disclosed beyond Garrido. Signs have been there for a while so no suprise whatsoever.

5 steps Bicky. At least.
Sc seem to be walking away from spanish idea and are leaning towards something else
Something i cant put my finger on ,but maybe it could be a power grab for a short period with sale of dw to leneghan orchestrated by leneghan puppet and co
I only see 2 options in my opinion well a third but thats the end
1 moreno pisses on the EFL brings in a new partner
2 royale and co save the day
3 the nightmare before christmas sc stab us in the back sell off our main asset to the enemy and the puppet queen

Sadly don't trust either the Supporters Club and our M P Lisa Nandy and that is the problem.
Fans have been kept in the dark during the whole period sadly not helped by any leadership from anyone.
The local press has been missing in action and only now are promising to ask the questions that should have been raised months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.