Here we go! | Page 10 | Vital Football

Here we go!

I’m sure he means they had to SAY they voted to remain, such is the elitist pressure put on people, especially in the arts and/or metropolitan areas.
There are anecdotal stories of bullying by remainers to people who voted Brexit, again in the cities.
Sad really.

Note to self. Read thoroughly before comment.
Friday beers are fab. Hic.

Whatever you say to your boss at work, can someone please explain how they make you vote a certain way in a secret ballot ? Not to mention the fact that generally bosses wanted to stay in the EU (cheap Labour, think it helps exports) .
He doesn't say voting, the implication is clear that he is talking about writing

Whatever you say to your boss at work, can someone please explain how they make you vote a certain way in a secret ballot ? Not to mention the fact that generally bosses wanted to stay in the EU (cheap Labour, think it helps exports) .
I think you missed the point old stick. They were told to write garbage that was pro-Brexit (or else, I suspect)

And Derek Hatton if rumours are to be believed.
Scumbags, if true.

As soon as you bring Labour into it though, it does invite comparisons and they aren't too pretty for other parties.
Except the green party.

I would like to see an independent analysis of corruption and nepotism in all parties. I think that would be informative for voters.
Who do you think would come out top and bottom?

And Derek Hatton if rumours are to be believed.
Scumbags, if true.

As soon as you bring Labour into it though, it does invite comparisons and they aren't too pretty for other parties.
Except the green party.

I would like to see an independent analysis of corruption and nepotism in all parties. I think that would be informative for voters.
Who do you think would come out top and bottom?
The problem is, it isn't who is doing wrong it's who the media go after. The Tories are clearly and brazenly bent but with impunity.

I can't believe we are still having to have a discussion over whether our fish are ours. Like your ex criticising your new wife's parking.

It’s none of your business. Get stuffed. Grow some fish in your own lakes, you twats.

I can't believe we are still having to have a discussion over whether our fish are ours. Like your ex criticising your new wife's parking.

It’s none of your business. Get stuffed. Grow some fish in your own lakes, you twats.
Macron's latest effort is outrageous and clearly playing a presidential election game.

Not sure at this point which game it is; whether it is the "let's spook the British to show I'm tough, bring talks to the brink before showing I'm a statesman by compromising" or "let's trash the talks at the last minute because my electorate will like the idea of fucking the English".

Either way, no one involved can have any illusions that what has suddenly been asked for could ever be conceded. So it's a play of one kind or another.

Macron's latest effort is outrageous and clearly playing a presidential election game.

Not sure at this point which game it is; whether it is the "let's spook the British to show I'm tough, bring talks to the brink before showing I'm a statesman by compromising" or "let's trash the talks at the last minute because my electorate will like the idea of fucking the English".

Either way, no one involved can have any illusions that what has suddenly been asked for could ever be conceded. So it's a play of one kind or another.

He’s up for re-election in 2022 and more than likely against the nationalist Maine Le Pen.
The region which Calais is in (Hauts-de-France) are also wanting a free trade zone if there are ‘issues’ with the U.K.
it’s all political, The Netherlands and Denmark are leaving it to Macron, as these nations are just as interested.

As far as the French Elections go I would have thought it in Macron's best interests to get a deal; a failure to do so would play into Le Pens hands.

The Fishing issue will not hold things up; UK Fishermen sell over 60% of their catch to Europe so they will want that resolving.

I would imagine Macron is more concerned about the level playing field issue; would you want a Banana Republic on your doorstep where there are no workers rights and taxation is only for the small people?

As far as the French Elections go I would have thought it in Macron's best interests to get a deal; a failure to do so would play into Le Pens hands.

The Fishing issue will not hold things up; UK Fishermen sell over 60% of their catch to Europe so they will want that resolving.

I would imagine Macron is more concerned about the level playing field issue; would you want a Banana Republic on your doorstep where there are no workers rights and taxation is only for the small people?
This is a problem, because that is what 17m people willingly voted for. And they are insistent that they knew exactly what they were voting for

You’d have thought, but Macron is not hugely popular at the moment. He’s having issues with the terrorist attacks, etc. His rhetoric recently has been more nationalistic, as he has Le Pen looking over his shoulder. It’s not too dissimilar to Cameron’s shift here, when Farage was gobbing off.

Just out of interest why won't there be any workers' rights?

Or a country with better workers rights (which we already have), lower taxes for everyone, but able to be flexible and give state aid to the companies that need it ?

Why are the EU so scared of us ? Do they think we might make a success of it ?

Last edited: