EFL Rescue Package Agreed | Vital Football

EFL Rescue Package Agreed

Very welcome. However, I would suggest a sticking plaster for some clubs.

When talking of losses of £1.5M, this “Grant” is only small beer.

Better than nothing and will keep the wolves away from the door for a short time at least.

At first I thought the Championship was getting a disproportionate amount but when I looked a bit closer I see it’s a loan whereas L1 & L2 are straight payments. There’s more to it but it doesn’t look a bad deal, unless your a club that hasn’t abided by the rules in which case the rules are stricter on repayment. Only fair I think but I’ll be interested to see what Clive & the Board and MA think. At least it keeps clubs afloat and The Board should be in a position to let MA know what he can spend in January.

Very welcome. However, I would suggest a sticking plaster for some clubs.

When talking of losses of £1.5M, this “Grant” is only small beer.

Better than nothing and will keep the wolves away from the door for a short time at least.
Richard Masters, Premier League Chief Executive, said: “The Premier League is a huge supporter of the football pyramid and is well aware of the important role clubs play in their communities. Our commitment is that no EFL club need go out of business due to COVID-19."

Does he have no idea how much money some EFL clubs are losing?

Great news .... Gary Hutch has done a good piece on his StaceyWest website and reckons it'll ultimately be worth around £800k to us based on last season's average attendance.

Great news .... Gary Hutch has done a good piece on his StaceyWest website and reckons it'll ultimately be worth around £800k to us based on last season's average attendance.
How did he manage to do such a comprehensive job so quickly?

So roughly half the money back we might already have lost due to Covid? If that figure is correct, it should hopefully keep us from serious trouble financially.

Liam Scully is far more reserved, saying that no judgement can be made on the offer, or figure calculated because of the lack of detail provided to date:

“For something as big as this, it would be dangerous for ourselves to start planning or even talking about a figure.”

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/...news/lincoln-city-efl-bailout-package-4762000

How good it is to have such a calm, logical, intelligent individual managing our affairs.

Yes, very good news. I hope this is enough to keep us from encountering any financial difficulties. As @PerthImp states above, over to you @SAToffeeImp on your thoughts on where this places us?
The grant to league one and two clubs is essentially to stop clubs going to the wall so we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves and start speculating about what finances will be given to the manager in January (the inference being to help push for promotion) more that it gives a breathing space to prepare for a properly funded push next season when our finances get back to normal.
I would suggest that still having a club to support in the future is the ultimate aim for this season, not an unsustainable promotion.

The grant to league one and two clubs is essentially to stop clubs going to the wall so we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves and start speculating about what finances will be given to the manager in January (the inference being to help push for promotion) more that it gives a breathing space to prepare for a properly funded push next season when our finances get back to normal.
I would suggest that still having a club to support in the future is the ultimate aim for this season, not an unsustainable promotion.

Totally agree, was thinking about posting a thread along a similar lines.
In that would promotion to the Championship at the end of this season would be good for us or not, due to the financial impacts of having to play in the higher league next season without full income from this season.

Liam Scully is far more reserved, saying that no judgement can be made on the offer, or figure calculated because of the lack of detail provided to date:

“For something as big as this, it would be dangerous for ourselves to start planning or even talking about a figure.”

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/...news/lincoln-city-efl-bailout-package-4762000

How good it is to have such a calm, logical, intelligent individual managing our affairs.

So any so called calculated figures being blogged about are total 'PIDOOMA' then.

Well the grant of £ 375,000 will certainly help . On top of that you have the share of lost gate receipts,which are lacking in detail at the moment. A back of an envelope calculation of £M 15 divided by 48 clubs gives a figure of £ 312,500 per club.Now you would think we would get alot more than that given our higher gates. The monitored grant looks as clear as mud to me,and would be dependent on recipients adhering to football financial regulations.

Still a big step in the right direction.

Talk of us spending in the window is surely ridiculous? This isn't the time to be spending money on "luxuries" like new signings unless we sell players first, of course.