Thommo | Page 22 | Vital Football

Thommo

The course is run by the League Managers Assosciation I believe. I can’t really see what all the fuss is about, it is pretty obvious he has received a few warnings over the last few years and I’m told his public tweets were pretty borderline controversial regarding women’s football etc so to make out this is the reaction to a one off offence is well off the mark.

Right, which leftie, right-on PC cultural marxist has hacked johnolbe's account?

When I was a student in Brum there was a radio station BRBM - a pre ITV Jeremy Kyle had the late night slot. It was mostly listeners phoning in but they made Thompson sound like jackanory! I am not saying either was correct (20 odd years apart) but it does make you wonder where this is going, will it become more of a nanny state or will it go full circle?

I worked with some Americans a few years back who were outraged at the local hires use of the Anglo Saxon language. We said to them oh it’s normal its good for you you should try it. They didnt it was all thank you mam and yes sir crap. Total false and insincere. I said to one of them once I find it strange how a nation that can bear arms on each other and still has a deep set institutional racism can get so offended when a few colleges drop a few swear words on the office. They didn’t get it. To be honest listening to a thickset Bristol accent swearing is comedy in its self.

When I was a student in Brum there was a radio station BRBM

I used to listen to BRMB with Tony Butler's football phone-in when I was cooking Saturday tea in the 1980s

There was always a bloke called Acker moaning about "the Villa" and a serious sounding chap called Roger telling about the Baggies.

I used to listen to BRMB with Tony Butler's football phone-in when I was cooking Saturday tea in the 1980s

There was always a bloke called Acker moaning about "the Villa" and a serious sounding chap called Roger telling about the Baggies.

this was the year 2000 when I was there, with the accents they made even the most serious thing sound funny!

this was the year 2000 when I was there, with the accents they made even the most serious thing sound funny!

I often listened to Tony Butler too !
I recall one Villa fan who phoned in and all je said was:
"Tone, I'm worried".
And promptly put the phone down.
And yes all callers sounded so funny.

Hope the link works - piece in a 'lighter' column in today's Times by Carol Midgley, a proper non PC/BS columnist on 'Handbag-gate', if paywall blocks it I'll try plan B. Credit to the photo editor for using the pic of Bridcutt's tackle which started the whole shebang.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...matches-oh-stop-being-a-drama-queen-b9w53cwpw

Can anyone even start to enlighten me what exactly is wrong with saying "handbags" or as I've just read "drama queen" ??
I'm clueless to be honest.

Can anyone even start to enlighten me what exactly is wrong with saying "handbags" or as I've just read "drama queen" ??
Oh that’s disgraceful 😳🙈. How can you run yourself down and refer to yourself in that demeaning fashion I mean, using a ‘c’ word. You should be ashamed of yourself and undertake some form of self-counselling 🥲🤣😂

You and me both. Seems the BBC is quite happy to broadcast dramas with a liberal sprinkling of f- and c- bombs, but words and phrases like 'handbags' used in a context which we all understand and succinctly describes the situation is now offensive? The world is going mad.

Handbags are not recognised footballing kit unlike Alice bands, tights and mittens so footballers would be offended by being metaphorically linked to a hand bag.

So far as drama queen goes I can only imagine that a survey of the players hasn't been carried out beforehand to establish what each individual self identifies as i.e. he, she, they, trans, pan, LGB, drama queen, etc.

Therefore Tommo recklessly failed to take into account the preference of the person involved and may have mis labelled them with use of the term.

Thommo has had a good run, Hortin too ... but The Imps are a slick 2020 unit now both on the pitch and off it. I hope Radio Lincolnshire stand firm. Having the likes of Sam Ashoo on the pre-match show is a real positive, so let’s keep going forward when the commentary starts too.

Thommo has had a good run, Hortin too ... but The Imps are a slick 2020 unit now both on the pitch and off it. I hope Radio Lincolnshire stand firm. Having the likes of Sam Ashoo on the pre-match show is a real positive, so let’s keep going forward when the commentary starts too.
Sam Ashoo is excellent, worked for lfctv and it shows, does voice over on the 3 dvds, very professional.

Is this about Shackell and Bolger dancing round handbags when they got the ball from Vickers in the penalty area last season?