Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wigan Athletic | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wigan Athletic

Just looking at the Stats on iFollow. Can anyone explain how Lincoln can win 50% of their headed challenges, but Wigan can win 57% of theirs?

Johnson certainly seems selfish at times. I'm not sure what Scully is bringing to the team. I thought Edun did better than most. Bring Harry on?

Tin hat on
I'm not sure Johnson is as good as we think. Decent and promising young lad, but his decision making and end product is often woeful.
That's what we are though plumbob - a young side packed with promising players.

Some will develop and some will fall way. However the longer the better ones play together, practice and execute this style the better at it we will become.

Do you think teams have worked out how to defend against us and nullify us?
i dont think we have enough players on the pitch who know how to score a goal. thats our problem and our midfielders are creaters not scorers. Anderson can score. we have said this all week though. we lack an assassin up front. someone who will take them out.

Tin hat on
I'm not sure Johnson is as good as we think. Decent and promising young lad, but his decision making and end product is often woeful.

He reminds of a few of the 15 year olds I see when I am watching my son play on a Sunday - too quick for their own ability. Runs very well and very fast, but with the head down, so no idea of what's going on around them, so invariably end up running into a cul-de-sac, out of play or getting tackled, without releasing the ball to obviously better placed team mates.

I am not saying Johnson is that bad, but he does need to work on his end product, especially now that the penalties aren't coming as easily.

Tin hat on

I agree. Now he's not winning penalties, he reminds me a bit of Harry up to this season. Full of running, but decision making off.

If anyone can get the best from Brennan, MA can and I trust his judgment.

Tin hat on

Probably why we've got him on loan and he's not in the forest first team. He has bags of potential, but needs to improve his decision making which I'm sure he will with experience. He needs to understand that its a team game and results are king.

I have no difficulty with away sides parking the bus and trying to win 1-0 from a set piece or a hoof up to a lone forward. We have done it on plenty of occasions, why not Wigan?

We just have to work an opportunity and then clinically finish. Come on City lets have a hatful second half... Actually, a horrible 1-0 victory will be fine.

Naismith only seems to travel backwards when he gets the ball. All the way back into his own half from just outside the D that time.