Swansea match thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

Swansea match thread

Actually some of us questioned Colback in particular but in general signing players who couldn't cut it at their current clubs as a strategy going forward. So Colback, Christie, Freeman, Arter etc.

Couldn’t cut it at premier league clubs though, not championship - all of them had been pretty successful at championship level.

Fair enough that you disagree with that as a strategy, I’d always prefer up and coming hungry players too, but it shouldn’t equal goal droughts and bottom 4.

The body language is worrying as is the lack of leadership out there. Yates had a shocker today. He needs to sort the middle out, defence and midfield.

Fuck knows whats happened to Joe Lolley, but it looks like Huddersfield had our pants down. What happened to that £15m superstar?

Couldn’t cut it at premier league clubs though, not championship - all of them had been pretty successful at championship level.

Fair enough that you disagree with that as a strategy, I’d always prefer up and coming hungry players too, but it shouldn’t equal goal droughts and bottom 4.

Agree, there is systemic failures of culture and philosophy and part of that is overpaying on has beens and never beens.

It’s very easy to say the recruitments terrible when you’re losing but nobody was saying Colback or Arter or Taylor or Knockaert or Mckenna or Freeman were bad signings - I thought they were all excellent signings for this level and I still think they’re good players.

Yes we’ve signed additional dross that we didn’t need, but these players are good enough to get results and I think if this manager is as highly rated as he seems, he should be getting more out of them.

I maintain that we aren’t a bad side, but we’re going through what appears to be a shocking never ending spell of goal droughts and soft goals conceded - not good enough don’t get me wrong, but I’m relatively sure it’ll change if the manager is flexible enough to actually change things when it’s not working, ie today when he kept two holding my mids.

What is evident is that the togetherness within the ranks isn’t what it was last season. At times we were poor but dug into grab unlikely points. I don’t actually think we have bad eggs either, I just don’t think they look particularly close as a unit.

It’s very frustrating because we’ve been starved of results for months and fans are understandably at the end of their teather but I’m not sure we’re as down and out as some think. We’ll see I suppose, but the manager needs to change something, starting with dropping Figuerido next match.
And this for me is where the management is at fault

we have solid players at this level but they are either under performing massively or have their heads up their arse on match day

Samba is absolute dog at the minute Abd not commanding his area or defence

defence confidence is shot Abd panics every ball in

midfield is pretty lazy and shocking passing most of the time and our attack suffers from that malaise

all our passes from defence seem to be head height or higher which doesn’t help fast breaks

game management and reading of the game is abysmal

most of these can be addressed by the manager and Coaches

Hughton doesnt really strike me as a great motivator to be honest . I cant see a win coming
He does give that impression doesn't he. His demeanor / body language on the touch line doesn't seem to give that impression either. His qualities seem to he is composed and doesn't panic. The thing is at the moment it looks as if the players need someone to put a rocket up them

Changing our manager each time makes no difference. The players are letting us down and many are not playing up to standard.We have no fluidity to our play and we look like relegation fodder.
I said last week we've tried changing the manager, and for this season a fair proportion of the players, and neither has worked, so where do we go from here

To early to be shouting change the manager/coach . Think he is struggling to find the players that will work as a unit .
I have been disappointed with a lot of the signings but not with McKenna who is quality.
Taylor has a big heart and is working his bollocks off trying to get us a win .
Some are just picking up the pay packet and others not good enough .
Worrall and McKenna would be my pick as CD's as for fullbacks non are doing it for me .
Midfield has to Arter ,Yates , Knockart , lefty
Taylor and another

To early to be shouting change the manager/coach . Think he is struggling to find the players that will work as a unit .
I have been disappointed with a lot of the signings but not with McKenna who is quality.
Taylor has a big heart and is working his bollocks off trying to get us a win .
Some are just picking up the pay packet and others not good enough .
Worrall and McKenna would be my pick as CD's as for fullbacks non are doing it for me .
Midfield has to Arter ,Yates , Knockart , lefty
Taylor and another

Scott Mckenna is a brilliant player. Think he’ll be worth a shed load if he continues to perform like this. Solid as anything, looks like she should be immobile and a hoof merchant, but actually pretty quick, always looks for the pass and his distribution is really good.

Scott Mckenna is a brilliant player. Think he’ll be worth a shed load if he continues to perform like this. Solid as anything, looks like she should be immobile and a hoof merchant, but actually pretty quick, always looks for the pass and his distribution is really good.
No point having an absolutely brilliant player if you continally choose a liability to play next to him (or at least a player who is playing like that)