Team vs Coventry | Page 13 | Vital Football

Team vs Coventry

DF has said Aarons has a shin injury and couldn't walk but he'll be assessed to see the outcome.

Maybe I should be happy with a point be because we were poor today and offered nothing upfront. Our penalty was not a penalty and tgst was it from us

Bailey thinks the tackle on Vrancic just before the penalty foul, should have earnt a penalty......so did it even itself out?

Maybe I’m being a “happy clapper”, but the fact we played that badly, with that many injuries and still got a point is a good thing I think...

Ultimately we just need to try and get to January in touch with the automatic promotion spots, when we get back some injured players and recall McCallum etc. It’s not going to be pretty for this next month, there’s going to have to be people played out of position, there are going to be defeats...but we’ve got to try and minimise the damage as best as possible. Farke is currently working miracles to have us top of the league in my opinion...but the injury crisis is reaching points where even miracles aren’t enough.

It’s not even like it’s easing, the Aarons one today, just pure bad luck again! Hopefully that’s not too serious...

Any calls for Drmic or Leitner are ridiculous imo. They were abysmal for us last year, clearly are issues around the club, Drmic is more interested in making music and posting crap on Instagram than playing football last year and now people want him back? He was one of the worst players I’ve ever seen in a Norwich shirt, I’d rather play with 10!

At least Emi is back midweek, and hopefully Pukki/Rupp aren’t too far behind him with Krul too. Keep plugging away NCFC, you’re doing us all proud atm

Maybe I’m being a “happy clapper”, but the fact we played that badly, with that many injuries and still got a point is a good thing I think...

Ultimately we just need to try and get to January in touch with the automatic promotion spots, when we get back some injured players and recall McCallum etc. It’s not going to be pretty for this next month, there’s going to have to be people played out of position, there are going to be defeats...but we’ve got to try and minimise the damage as best as possible. Farke is currently working miracles to have us top of the league in my opinion...but the injury crisis is reaching points where even miracles aren’t enough.

It’s not even like it’s easing, the Aarons one today, just pure bad luck again! Hopefully that’s not too serious...

Any calls for Drmic or Leitner are ridiculous imo. They were abysmal for us last year, clearly are issues around the club, Drmic is more interested in making music and posting crap on Instagram than playing football last year and now people want him back? He was one of the worst players I’ve ever seen in a Norwich shirt, I’d rather play with 10!

At least Emi is back midweek, and hopefully Pukki/Rupp aren’t too far behind him with Krul too. Keep plugging away NCFC, you’re doing us all proud atm
I love the positivity. I agree they were both dreadful but that is not the reason is not play them it was the bad attitude. Plenty of players were bad last season but are still involved but they obviously showed they wanted to be here and play to getbus bsck up which is alright with me.

Reactions: Rex
Yes considering the (once again) ridiculous (and ever growing) injury list the point is a miracle. But I'm so fed up of these so called "injury crisis" and it really does need looking into. I've followed Norwich for 18 years now and I've just never known another club like us for injuries! We all said last season our relegation was due to an injury crisis (albeit in defence) and now we will find ourselves saying if we miss out on promotion that it's down to another injury crisis. These injuries will have cost us how many hundreds of millions in just 18 months? I don't buy that it's "bad luck" as the law of probability would state we would have an equal chance of no injury crisis but it's consistently here with us every season. Don't we pay sports scientists to avoid this sort of thing happening? Our players must be made of glass.

Another problem seems to be the communication with our medical team. DF never really seems sure of the extent of the injury/ how long the player will be out. Xavi was only going to be put for a week with a slight hamstring issue but it's been months now and DF has sent him back to Spain, Sorensen was another at the start of the season, there have been more like this

It is difficult but cov were poor and we should have been able to hold on for last 5 mins. Aarons was caught out with ball behind him when we were defending.
How does that happen ? Also if we are going to defend for 20 mins there needs to be a player up front who can at least hold the ball up. Stieppo and Placheta
are not capable of that.

I would have taken a draw before the game as I was sure without our 3 best players that we would lose . Dispite the injuries we had 3 highly experienced central defenders on the pitch who should have been able to deal with the likes of Coventry . Not good enough IMO

It is difficult but cov were poor and we should have been able to hold on for last 5 mins. Aarons was caught out with ball behind him when we were defending.
How does that happen ? Also if we are going to defend for 20 mins there needs to be a player up front who can at least hold the ball up. Stieppo and Placheta
are not capable of that.
I agree DG but with respect to Aarons his mistake rate is comparatively low

True. He and I think Skip ? are only 2 players to have started every game.
There has been a lot of pressure on defence over past 2 / 3 weeks as we plan to hold onto leads without adequate holding up by a striker or counter attacking.
I do not really blame Aarons, just very disappointed.

Yes considering the (once again) ridiculous (and ever growing) injury list the point is a miracle. But I'm so fed up of these so called "injury crisis" and it really does need looking into. I've followed Norwich for 18 years now and I've just never known another club like us for injuries! We all said last season our relegation was due to an injury crisis (albeit in defence) and now we will find ourselves saying if we miss out on promotion that it's down to another injury crisis. These injuries will have cost us how many hundreds of millions in just 18 months? I don't buy that it's "bad luck" as the law of probability would state we would have an equal chance of no injury crisis but it's consistently here with us every season. Don't we pay sports scientists to avoid this sort of thing happening? Our players must be made of glass.

Whilst clearly last year there was an issue, I do think this year it is a general football issue. Look at Liverpool, heck even those bin dippers down the road...injuries galore across the place because football is more interested in playing as many games as possible so they can get as much ££££ as possible. We've said before, but playing the Carabao Cup and international games in this shortened season is absolutely nonsense - they're actually playing more games this season in a much shorter timeframe than they would be doing in a normal season!!!

Rupp had an issue in his left hamstring and had recovered then pulled a muscle in his right hamstring!

Apparently he couldn't run on friday but he should be fit for Luton. Interesting that if all the same people are out where would DF play Rupp? Would he go back into CM or would he go in at attacking midfield in place of Vrancic?