Maradona . | Vital Football

Maradona .

Walthamstow wanderer

Alert Team
Staff member
So Gary Lineker has forgiven Maradona for the handball goal , according to the programme about it tonight on ITV .
I haven’t , does anybody else ?
It’s the old cheating conundrum again , is it acceptable , whatever the occasion.? Goalkeepers slightly touch the ball as it goes over the crossbar , ,. It should be a corner ,. But they say nothing and accept the goal kick , mmmmm .
What other sport accepts that behaviour . ? The behaviour of cheating .
It’s rife in football .
Rare in cricket , ( an umpire will ask a fielder if the ball went for a six or a four and get the right answer) ... unheard of in snooker ..... , very publicly dealt with in rugby , ..... non existent in golf .... why is football the exception.?

So Gary Lineker has forgiven Maradona for the handball goal , according to the programme about it tonight on ITV .
I haven’t , does anybody else ?
It’s the old cheating conundrum again , is it acceptable , whatever the occasion.? Goalkeepers slightly touch the ball as it goes over the crossbar , ,. It should be a corner ,. But they say nothing and accept the goal kick , mmmmm .
What other sport accepts that behaviour . ? The behaviour of cheating .
It’s rife in football .
Rare in cricket , ( an umpire will ask a fielder if the ball went for a six or a four and get the right answer) ... unheard of in snooker ..... , very publicly dealt with in rugby , ..... non existent in golf .... why is football the exception.?

Players are programmed to win at all costs; it's the nature of the beast, I never did hold that against him, especially when what was it a few minutes later he walked through us and scored a terrific goal.

As I've said elsewhere before, my issue with him over that goal was the nonsense he came out with later.

His cheating exposed his character which was why he finished up like he did...some people are programmed to be honest...like Winksy last night...doesn’t have the physical skills of the dickhead but I know who I prefer.

While we are on the cheating topic, how about Henry’s blatant handball for France I think....same thing.

His cheating exposed his character which was why he finished up like he did...some people are programmed to be honest...like Winksy last night...doesn’t have the physical skills of the dickhead but I know who I prefer.

While we are on the cheating topic, how about Henry’s blatant handball for France I think....same thing.
Yep. That Henry handball cost Ireland a place at the World Cup finals.

Players are programmed to win at all costs; it's the nature of the beast, I never did hold that against him, especially when what was it a few minutes later he walked through us and scored a terrific goal.

As I've said elsewhere before, my issue with him over that goal was the nonsense he came out with later.

Tell that to De Canio....he could have scored for West Sham but decided to catch the ball if you recall so not everyone is programmed that way!

I blamed the ref and lino, not Diego. There's cheating everywhere in football so to crucify one person is stupid. I have to watch Kane and Hojbjerg roll around the floor pretending their hurt every week. That is cheating the sport as well.

At least Diego's type of goal can't happen again because now we have VAR :-)