CRAZY MATCH SCHEDULE | Vital Football

CRAZY MATCH SCHEDULE

Welshtel

Vital Football Hero
We are really going to be up against it with the pre Christmas match schedule. 11 MATCHES in the next 5 weeks or so. CRAZY. We must be the only ones with anything like this. In that period we have Europa league games and heavy league matches, including Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool as well as Crystal Palace. THIS IS NO JOKE. This league needs better regulation in terms of planning of games. NUTS!

Was listening to the many debates happening after Klopp's post match comments recently. Jose also spoke about it as well on his Ludogrets press conference.

Just occurs to me that football has allowed its governance to be distributed into so many places that everyone is in charge so nobody is in charge. It's lost control of scheduling which is utter madness if you ask me.

The FA should just take control of the player's welfares and say that any team that has played in an away European game can't play before 3pm 3 days later. So if a CL team plays away on a Weds night, they cannot play 12-30pm on a Saturday. Ditto with the EL teams playing on a Thursday away and not being able play in the midday or 2pm Sunday kickoffs.

That makes it black and white to Sky and BT Sport about which fixtures they can select. That would definitely help Spurs keep some rhythm to their fixtures.

IF the PLayer union had an organization that really wanted to protect and serve its players they'd be threatening strike action over the way these fixture lists are being organised - ultimately it is their members who are picking up injuries that don't just disappear after a few weeks rest - some that seem innoculous or even after recovery can affect their progress and form for literally years.

Instead they have a a man who leads them (still) until he finally goes who all he's done is enrich himself and his mates.

I wonder if they'll now get a PFA chairman that actually wants to improve the players lot.

I am convinced it is only the players and their representative who can thrust through this bureaucratic nonsense and authority nightmare.

What is the ideal rest time for a player after a game ? If its 3 days then perhaps that should be a rule. That's a full 72 hours excluding travel time.
In an ideal world NRD that would be great, unfortunately it would be totally unworkable. Especially in the Europa league, however there is no justification for teams playing in Europe to have a lunchtime kick-off on the weekend

From a player welfare point of view it is clear that the players have been gradually treated worse and worse in terms of fixture congestion through the years. Now the condensed fixtures have made it utterly ridiculous. It is apparent that the governing bodies (far too many to list) have only one thing on their mind and it isn't the well being of the players.

They will blame covid but the blame is solely on them. They needed to compromise and sacrifice games somewhere. But they didn't. Now they will have the top players playing 3 condensed seasons back to back with no rest. We will see an increase in injuries not just during this time but also for seasons after it.

Players obviously would benefit from less games, while I would agree that the vast portion of blame needs to be laid squarely at the feet of the governing bodies and football union players themselves must share some of the blame.
Ask yourself if players would be willing to take a cut in salaries to secure a shorter season, at the heart of the amount of games played is money. Even in the middle of of a pandemic which will severely damage revenue we are talking about giving players pay rises, believe me when I say I understand the reasons for doing this.

So from where I am standing players need to shoulder some of the blame, the expect greater salaries which needs to be paid for.

Obviously there are variables but it seems 72 hours is the minimum rest period along with careful recovery treatment and exercise.
A cumulative record might be an idea. For example.... you can play after 72 hours but only once, then the rest period needs to increase between the next game.

In an ideal world NRD that would be great, unfortunately it would be totally unworkable. Especially in the Europa league, however there is no justification for teams playing in Europe to have a lunchtime kick-off on the weekend
Your so right but Sky n BT think differently, it is all about them the Big Brother controllers.

From a player welfare point of view it is clear that the players have been gradually treated worse and worse in terms of fixture congestion through the years. Now the condensed fixtures have made it utterly ridiculous. It is apparent that the governing bodies (far too many to list) have only one thing on their mind and it isn't the well being of the players.

They will blame covid but the blame is solely on them. They needed to compromise and sacrifice games somewhere. But they didn't. Now they will have the top players playing 3 condensed seasons back to back with no rest. We will see an increase in injuries not just during this time but also for seasons after it.
Mee93, I completely agree with you there, but you are missing two entities in your thoughts...SKY n BT.

For me, as you all know I competed in the sport of "Power Lifting" yes generally it is a hell of a lot more stress on the muscles, we never competed weekly, way to much, anyhow as for 72 hours recovery for Professional Footballers, even with the said 72 hours you will most definately not get 100% action in the next game and so forth, thus less n less, so as Nick has already said the time recuperating between games has to get longer, therefore rotation is required.

The human body is an amazing bit of kit, but it can only take so much abuse and in the end it will fail you, simple.