Swindon (A) highlights | Vital Football

Swindon (A) highlights

I bet the defence coaches will be playing the Swindon missed header in extra time over and over again! THREE of our defenders left the 6 yard box to try to head away but were nowhere near to getting there, leaving the Swindon lad all alone- that’s probably why he missed - he was so surprised to find himself unmarked!!
On second viewing they are playing for offside - that seems a bit dangerous- would he have been, I’m not sure?

Definitely playing for offside and on the one hand it shows the defenders are well drilled as they did it in unison.

Unfortunately because their player had got to the by line to pull the ball back, our player (McGrandles I think) had tracked his man and there was no chance he was going to step up in time; not that he tried to.

There was a move that led to the corner for our goal, that they missed out .... some lovely possession football, resulting in a low cross in from the right, begging to be tapped in, that wasn't anticipated in the box (much to my frustration)

Edun was turned very easily for the cross that led to Baudry's miss - again, he is not a left-back, so please stop trying to play him there. Is he really better there than Roughan and Melbourne?

there was logic in bringing on the two more attacking fullbacks when Accrington went down to ten, it also made sense to bring on eyoma when defending a one goal lead last night... for that reason, quite surprised Edun stayed on, with both our more defensive fullbacks sitting on the bench.
if Edun is the best option of the three in that situation, then roughan must have gone seriously backwards since the first few games.

Not so much negativity, more an awareness that we seem short at left-back generally and less secure at right-back when TJ isn't playing. Makes the decision to send Lewis to Newport even harder to understand. I hope he comes back in January and makes us bulletproof in that area.

Lewis not in the Newport 18 for the last 2 games, is he back in quarantine/hibernation/injured again?

not many signs that he is the answer at rb.

I know at times, Roughan hasn't played due to the nature of the player he'd be up against e.g. learning from the tough time he had vs CJ Hamilton at Blackpool - whether MA felt Swindon had a particularly dangerous player on the right side, who knows? Presumably didn't want to play MM twice in 72 hours when on the injury comeback too?