Team news Vs Stoke | Page 12 | Vital Football

Team news Vs Stoke

If pukki.is out who plays up top? Placheta looked lost as a lone forward but I guess down to 10 men didn't help. Please not stiepermann.

If pukki and stiepermann are both out then the last remaining first teamers might all have to play and a bench full of u23s/18 Players.

Get Zimmermann upfront as a target man 🤣

Thought it was a superb win, considering all the circumstances. I have to admit I thought the Buendia red was very harsh, Stiepermann put in a far worse tackle in the first half and I don't think he even got booked, Stoke were kicking us up in the air all game and barely the ref said a word, and Emi did two fouls, which while fouls I am not sure either mertied a yellow card, and gets sent off? Nonsense refereeing in my opinion.

Hopefully we can survive with McGovern or Barden for a few games - yes they're not great, but that's why he's sitting on the bench for us in the championship, your backup keeper at this level is never going to be some sort of world beater, and while McGovern isn't great with his kicking and crosses, he is a decent shot stopper at least. The fixtures do get a *tad* easier the next three weeks, so hopefully we can manage games and reduce the shots against us.

I think Farke is doing an utterly superb job at the moment - players falling like flies left right and centre due to the ridiculous schedule of games and internationals, and we're plugging away beating promotion contenders. Not sure how many more hits we can take in the injury department, as we really are approaching bare bones, but to be top with all these injury problems is really great and does give us a little breathing room if we do lose a game or two due to lack of players.

Also a word for Josh Martin, who I thought had a great full debut. Really promising, and expect he will get a go again against Coventry with Buendia out

I think krul strained himself when he miscontrolled hanleys back pass early in the game and nearly let fletcher in, that most likely is where he got the injury imo!

I've just replayed Emi's first yellow and it doesnt look like Emi went in but rther held his feet together and stoped and the Stoke player lunged at Emi and collided.
It looks like its worth challenging to get the red card rescinded.

I've just replayed Emi's first yellow and it doesnt look like Emi went in but rther held his feet together and stoped and the Stoke player lunged at Emi and collided.
It looks like its worth challenging to get the red card rescinded.
I don't think you can challenge two yellows, only straight red. Someone who really knows what they are talking about can no doubt enlighten me.:slap: