The Ross Barkley Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Ross Barkley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully nothing serious, just a tweek of the hamstring and they did the sensible thing and brought him off.

I'll be surprised if he is 100% ready for the West Ham game. Even if it's a tweak there's a strong chance it will be 1-2 weeks out, so not to risk a more serious injury. I'd guess its not a bad tear as he didnt seem to be in too much pain

I'd suggest some yoga stretches when RB is back training.
I did my right hamstring twice, both times while passing the ball leftfooted.
My girlfriend at the time suggested yoga stretches and it worked a treat, it was 50 years before I did the hamstring again, stepping off the curb.

They do a lot of yoga, Pilates, strength and conditioning work anyway - or should be.

This wasn’t about lengthening the hamstring muscle, this was about contracting it hard and fast before it was sufficiently warmed up.

There is no way he didn't warm up properly. This isn't The Dog and Duck on a Sunday morning this is elite sport and then some with the resources available.
It just happens and I am sure someone said he has issues with them anyway.
If only it was as simple as if you warm up properly you don't get injured.....

Yes. The warm up is pretty intensive and all clubs do a similar routine , so I find it hard to put it down to that.

There is no way he didn't warm up properly. This isn't The Dog and Duck on a Sunday morning this is elite sport and then some with the resources available.

Yes some people are good footballers but their bodies aren't cut out for it, some go through their entire careers without a major injury and others never play a full season.

In the 17/18 season he missed 38 games with two hamstring injuries.

In the 17/18 season he missed 38 games with two hamstring injuries.

Finished Micheal Owen as a serious player didn't they Hamstrings, he said he just knew he couldn't do the sprints anymore and tried to adjust his game to suit but he was never the same without that burst of pace.
Lets hope Ross isn't going down that route but if it proves to be the case he's a Chelsea player not our problem

Ryan Giggs had dodgy hamstrings for years until Fergie somehow worked out that it was his car seat that was causing them and he had to have a specially made one , so it can be something as random as that.

Ryan Giggs had dodgy hamstrings for years until Fergie somehow worked out that it was his car seat that was causing them and he had to have a specially made one , so it can be something as random as that.

He also got into yoga and says that made his career years longer than it would have been

I remember when micro left back Alan Wright injured his knee - it was caused by not being able to reach the pedals of his Ferrari properly. Maybe we should be checking Ross' motor out

Yep there's things called 'genetics' and 'bad luck'. Elite level athletes not warming up properly? Give me a break, this isn't the 1980s.

Status
Not open for further replies.