Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 186 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

4,000. Really cannot see the point.
2,000. Really really cannot see the point .

It's all a bit token really. Good PR for an under fire government though. .....mmmm.

I will accept though that for the smaller clubs it's great news. But we all know they will not get the attention.

Last edited:
‘As far as distributing tickets goes, the most-likely system at this stage will be random family and single-ticket ballots. Not a single season-ticket was sold prior to the 2020/21 season, don't forget.’

A little snippet from the Birmingham Live article, does that mean it’s gonna be a free for all ballot if/when it happens? I really hope that isn’t true.

This has not been thought through properly at all by the Government, which is to be expected really.
Why is it not a percentage of capacity. 4000 in some grounds eg. Fulham will look fine but what about VP, OT, spuds etc.
Also what about the fans who will be travelling to the ground from an area in tier 3.

This has not been thought through properly at all by the Government, which is to be expected really.
Why is it not a percentage of capacity. 4000 in some grounds eg. Fulham will look fine but what about VP, OT, spuds etc.
Also what about the fans who will be travelling to the ground from an area in tier 3.

Yeah. I thought it was percentage aswell but listening to the Colchester chairman on the radio this morning he was talking about how 2,000 would be great but 4,000 would be dreamland. Their average attendance in 2019 for their 10,000 seat stadium was 3,361 so the numbers are not adding up across the board.

Last edited:

This could very well be the case with Coventry if Brum and Cov have different tiers.

I don't see why you couldn't open Villa Park up to 10k pretty safely, but as usual with this government it seems they have to pushed to do anything. Staggered entry and exit, nothing open in the concourse, limited numbers at one time and orderly queues for toilets and a kind of chess board effect for seating, so there is no seat taken immediately to the side of you or in front of you.

I don't understand why a couple of hundred for non-league on a per capita basis is any different to a 25% full VP.

With the comments on travel from Tier 3 areas, surely the club could adopt a sensible approach and remove those from any ballot? I'd be amazed if a system couldn't easily be built that filters those out?

I haven’t researched properly before posting, but I believe I saw somewhere it will be a fan ballot.

In order to make that fair, I think they should weight the ballot by attendance. So if you went to 38 games, you get 38 tickets whereas if you went to 1 or less, you get 1 ticket in the ballot.

I’d personally restrict it to STH’s and not to fans who go every now and then, but selfishly that suits me.

It may well be fairer if they just say no fans for the entire season in the PL. I can already see some managers using it as an excuse that they havent been allowed fans whereas others have.
The only clubs that really need the attendance money are League 1&2 and the non-league clubs. It is going to be far easier to manage the process at these places due to the low number of fans wanting to attend