This is so true | Vital Football

This is so true

That's so true Chips.
From listening, and celebrating, every broadcast about football last year ( and before) I now feign indifference knowing, deep down, it's because its not going to be the good news we've heard in the recent past.

From elevated pride at every mention to 'hope they don't slag us off' - yet still listening
You’ve nailed it there TT, for me at least,

I pressed record and turned the match off with 10 minutes to go on Sunday. The Mrs thought it was because I was p‘d off because McBurnie had missed again but in actual fact I just couldn’t face hearing all the patronising comments or seeing the players and Wilder so down...and somehow just somehow, I also thought that maybe if I didn’t watch it we might just get a late goal. Definite self-blame and head in the sands syndrome.

Thats my problem I’m old school. I take it personal and I don’t get angry, I just hurt like f’ck and think that if I was there my dulcet tones could somehow spur us on.

Anyway, we’ve got an excellent bottle of plonk and it’s been on the side since August ready for us to celebrate our first win. Every match day I say ‘I hope we’re drinking that tonight’. Lets hope it doesn’t go out of date. :(

You’ve nailed it there TT, for me at least,

I pressed record and turned the match off with 10 minutes to go on Sunday. The Mrs thought it was because I was p‘d off because McBurnie had missed again but in actual fact I just couldn’t face hearing all the patronising comments or seeing the players and Wilder so down...and somehow just somehow, I also thought that maybe if I didn’t watch it we might just get a late goal. Definite self-blame and head in the sands syndrome.

Thats my problem I’m old school. I take it personal and I don’t get angry, I just hurt like f’ck and think that if I was there my dulcet tones could somehow spur us on.

Anyway, we’ve got an excellent bottle of plonk and it’s been on the side since August ready for us to celebrate our first win. Every match day I say ‘I hope we’re drinking that tonight’. Lets hope it doesn’t go out of date. :(
It's funny how it gets to us, how we react, and the superstitions we have GB. I can't leave the room while we're on TV- even when I'm bursting! Every time they say 'they look comfortable' etc etc I scream at them to shut up and spend more time looking at the clock than the action. To be fair the wife's as bad as me and we sort of ignore football news etc if we're like we are now.

Your post made me recall the away game in the cup v Arsenal,1-1 with a last minute Andy Gray penalty. We'd gone down for the weekend and, at half time, I phoned my mum and dad ( it was on BBC) to ask if the disallowed Danny Cullip goal should have stood.

My mother answered and said " we don't watch when they're on 'cos they never win when we do" and added " and your dad dunt feel too good but he'll be alright" . He died - a massive heart attack-before the replay, which I was convinced we'd win because he was looking down from the best seat in the house. Wrong again unfortunately.

You'll be drinking that wine soon enough.