A.S.M.? | Page 2 | Vital Football

A.S.M.?

Not a fair comparison . Asm is a victim of Bruce but Kenedy essentially downed tools here. He was having personal problems and the club allowed him plenty of leeway when it came to training.

You've just jogged my memory regarding some family issues and you could well be right that it's an unfair comparison

My real recollection is that he arrived in the January and played during a spell where Benitez released the shackles and Kenedy was allowed a lot of freedom

The start of the next season saw the usual cautious approach from Benitez and there were certain games where the midfield barely crossed halfway

I seem to remember him being played at wing back at times which didn't end well

He hasn't gone on to great things so he could just have been a one season wonder but whatever else was going on I still maintain that Benitez shackled creative football and Kenedy was a victim of natural talent being restricted by over defensive tactics

ASM probably gets fed up with being the only creative player in the side and constantly getting chopped down by defenders. Add Bruce's negative tactics and non existant game plan and the end result is for all to see. What a change there would be if there was a takeover. All the mediocre players, negative tactics and poor coaching out of the window and a new horizon.

Rubbish . He was trying yesterday but he's not a number 10 he's a winger. This is on Bruce he's once again playing players out of position. It's the same as putting Schar in midfield and hammering Schar. If he played Darlow as a striker whose fault is it if he's shit in the role ? Darlow's ?

Not sure I can agree mate, neither does Shearer it appears...........
For what its worth.

Took aim at Lascelles, accuses Saint-Maximin of "not breaking sweat" since signing new deal - and team of being too negative.

Alan Shearer's scathing verdict on NUFC

Last edited:
Not sure I can agree mate, neither does Shearer it appears...........
For what its worth.

Took aim at Lascelles, accuses Saint-Maximin of "not breaking sweat" since signing new deal - and team of being too negative.

Alan Shearer's scathing verdict on NUFC

Oooh Shearer said it so it must be true ! Shearer's been protecting his pal Brucey for a while now.

Who sets up the team ? Coaches them ? Trains them ? Motivates them ?

Maximin is supposedly Bruce's signing and he's unable to get the best out of him this season. Yes, let's blame the player. Shearer was shite under Gullit at times but that was all Big Al's fault wasn't it ?

Funny how many players aren't playing well under this manager . It's all their fault though.

What's Bruce's vision ? His best starting eleven ? What's his preferred formation ? The one he had two weeks to coach the side for against Chelsea ? How about who he wants to start on the right side of midfield is it Hendrick , Murphy , Almiron, Joelinton ? Or who's playing behind the striker is it Joelinton , Almiron , Asm. How about Right back, Manquillo's in then Krafth, then Schar, then Murphy, now back to Manquillo ?

Can you imagine what it's like playing under this **** ?

If people cannot see this bloke hasn't the slightest clue what he's doing they never will .

But it's because Maximin was given a new contract wasn't it ?

If I were ASM I'd be pissed off at the over reliance as well, there is fucking no one else that offers an attacking threat. Wilson is a good finisher so give him service. Joelinton is dogshit and doesn't know what he's doing. Almiron is a dreadful player yet has achieved some kind of cult status for doing fuck all and now reckons he can perform for the Euro elite. Shelvey might pick out a pass or score a goal every 10 games then gets mentioned for England (England are shit by the way). The only other two players that can actually call themselves professional footballers are the two goalkeepers and one of them has been out injured.