Possibly back spectating at Priestfield in December | Vital Football

Possibly back spectating at Priestfield in December

Johnson apparently has, fans returning to the stadiums, as a 'priority'. He probably has other pressing matters but Medway's still rising Covid cases per 100,000 means I'm still not expecting to be back at Priestfield any time soon.

Looking grim in Medway,at moment anyway,although Swale and Thanet way worse,Huge spike over last couple weeks,How true Medway Hospital inundated,
Only plus is just 2 deaths 1 in care and 1 in hospital,during previous week,not a plus for those deaths though.

Johnson apparently has, fans returning to the stadiums, as a 'priority'. He probably has other pressing matters but Medway's still rising Covid cases per 100,000 means I'm still not expecting to be back at Priestfield any time soon.

The chump in No 10 is under lock and key under nurse's supervision. Anything he says online will be immediately denied, or explained away. Next season.

The chump in No 10 is under lock and key under nurse's supervision. Anything he says online will be immediately denied, or explained away. Next season.

I think you are right Jo. I really can't see us getting in anytime this season and December is really hard to believe. Our rate per 100,000 is almost doubling each week. If was 277 last week what are we likely to get to this week ? Swale is 500+ and it wouldn't surprise me if we got there soon.

Sounds like Bozo bull shit to distract the public.

I can almost imagine Bozo saying permissible in tier one areas and then following that up with an announcement that no one is in tier one anymore.

I've settled on being back for August 2021, anything else a bonus.

Last edited:
Re the OP, like f#ck we will. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get to games before March. Wouldn't be surprised to miss the whole season if they f#ck up the vaccine roll out (or the anti vaxxers grow in numbers).

With everything that's going on at the moment, the club are short of funds.
The groundman normally needs volunteers to help out especially on match days.

Nods as good as a wink.

i have emailed rehman with my concerns on this. am not expecting a reply or and anything done though
We’ll be moved from lockdown into tier 3 so I highly doubt the ground will be open. In any case I’m confident transmission will be low in a football stadium with strict social distancing and fogging. Unfortunately it’ll feel like a load of FA Trophy games rather than the Gills vs Swindon we’re used to, but better than playing behind closed doors I suppose.

I fear that we're more likely to see mass testing in Medway and Swale, rather than a return of fans to Priestfield, given the recent explosion of cases in Sheppey.

Besides, the government would be hell bent on 'protecting' Medway's one main hospital, given it serves everywhere from the Isle of Grain to Sheerness, and you know there is a good chance of the virus spreading like wildfire if it takes root in Gillingham/Chatham/Rochester etc given the issues with poor health and deprivation in the Medway conurbation.

Sounds like sport is back from Dec 2:

Tier 1

4,000 spectators/ 50% capacity for outdoor events, whichever is lower, and 2,000/ 50% capacity for indoor

Tier 2

2,000 spectators/50% capacity outdoors, whichever is lower, and 1,000/ 50% indoors

Tier 3

Ban on spectators remains

Medway: 342
cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 10 Nov-16 Nov. The average area in England had 210.