Why?

Is this the answer:

Out of every CB in the PL this season, Eric Dier has the:​
• Most interceptions​
• Most forward passes​
• Most clearances​
• 3rd best Aerial Duels​
• 2nd best passing accuracy in own half (95%)​
Eric is sticking two fingers up to his haters, put some respect on Eric Dier’s name. pic.twitter.com/IrLrTMsjcR
— N A T H (@Nath_THFC) November 8, 2020
Does the forward passes stat mean passes that found a teammate? That's a genuine (not sarcastic) question. Some of his long passing can seem aimless at times.

The other stats are really encouraging. I would make him our captain.

Does the forward passes stat mean passes that found a teammate? That's a genuine (not sarcastic) question. Some of his long passing can seem aimless at times.

The other stats are really encouraging. I would make him our captain.

The only passes that count are ones that found a team mate - agree on the long passes, Jose has them both hoofing the ball forwards now and it's not something I see that I like...but I know why Jose is doing it, just don't agree with it!

Dier had a very good game yesterday...he needs to perform at that level a lot more often...presumably the stats don’t include brain farts and shots on goal allowed by standing and watching rather than going to the ball.

At the beginning of the season I said he'd establish himself as Englands best CB - I think after his injury and illness problems, he's finally look fit enough to do just that.

He may well end up the PL's best CB !

Dier is a conundrum. He has all the tools to be a top CH. After his grounding in DM i thought it would give him a composure and awareness which isnt often afforded to CH's. Alas it didnt seem to transpire. He can be whatever he wants to be and i would not bet against Spursex predictions as the flaws in his game are coachable. Maybe making Dier the best would be Ledleys biggest gift to the club. I would love him to really step up and then take Tanganga under his wing and see us set for the next 10yrs.

I've never been in the anti-Dier brigade. For seasons, he patched himself up week after week whilst the brittle ones like Wanyama, Dembele, Winks weren't available for selection. Eventually, it took its toll on Eric and he succumbed, including the appendix induced year. Our most valuable squad player for a very long time now who, even in our best season, managed 50 games even though 12th man.

It's probably clearer to most that the reason Jose wanted to pay £50m to take him to Utd was to do exactly what he's doing at Spurs now. That is, play his natural position.

When you look at the bigger picture, Sanchez is as good as gone. Toby is working his way into eventual retirement and Jose has selected Japhet and Rodon to be part of the next chapter. We'll wait and see who is the 4th part of a quartet of centre halves, but Dier is going nowhere.

I've never been in the anti-Dier brigade. For seasons, he patched himself up week after week whilst the brittle ones like Wanyama, Dembele, Winks weren't available for selection. Eventually, it took its toll on Eric and he succumbed, including the appendix induced year. Our most valuable squad player for a very long time now who, even in our best season, managed 50 games even though 12th man.

It's probably clearer to most that the reason Jose wanted to pay £50m to take him to Utd was to do exactly what he's doing at Spurs now. That is, play his natural position.

When you look at the bigger picture, Sanchez is as good as gone. Toby is working his way into eventual retirement and Jose has selected Japhet and Rodon to be part of the next chapter. We'll wait and see who is the 4th part of a quartet of centre halves, but Dier is going nowhere.

Sanchez is working hard every single day wth Ledley, I believe there is improvment in him and a way back.

Last edited:
Dier's aerial ability is second to none... within the Spurs squad of course.

I like his dogged determination even if he gets caught out the odd time. He got a lot of stick regarding the Pogba penalty he conceded last season but in all fairness Pogba's no slouch. He's certainly looking more assured now.

Fitness both mental and physical takes a long time to come back when you've been through a series of problems; he's finally moving so much better than he was which means he'll find his form, his touch and his confidence.

No one has mentioned it but Dier has another attribute that not many in the Spurs side have. Balls. He is not one to let people away with taking liberties. Even his supposed best mate Dele got it in the neck when acting like a spoilt kid.

If we are in danger of being bullied i think Dier would be the first person i would want beside me