US Presidential election | Page 14 | Vital Football

US Presidential election

And presumably the glitch has been covered up and not reported?

Actually, a quick google shows the glitch was found, corrected and reported within 30 minutes. The NY times reports that the original tweet was shared hundreds of thousands of times, the correction and apology 3600 times.

What’s that old saying, “ a lie is halfway round the world before the truth has its shoes on.............”

Largely agree with that. A shambles compounded by Covid. Glacial rate of counting votes and different rules in different states.

However, I' d still say it isn't suspicious. An addendum to my previous explanation for the change in votes in, say Pennsylvania compared to other states:
In Pennsylvania the authorities would not count votes until election day and counted those that voted on the day first, hence the swing over to Biden later.

In North Carolina we are not seeing that swing and no one is expecting Biden to catch up because they started counting the postal votes early. Hence Biden appeared to be doing well at first but won't get that late swing in his favour.

Further, in several States where there is a swing to Biden it is because they are counting the votes from the big cities which favour Biden, having already counted virtually all of the rural votes that tend to favour Trump.

So, a pretty shabby mess overall but not suspicious. Independent investigations over the years have found only minimal levels of vote rigging. It is much easier to cheat in the UK by the way.

Trump planned/intended to use this situation in advance and softened peopleup for his spurious excuses well in advance. As Bromley said, someof hisdisciples will believe absolutely anything he says.

Fortunately, some level headed Republicans are now putting their heads above the parapet and confirming that there is no scope for wide scale vote rigging.

Ps. Nice to see Trump getting support from the dodgy President of Belarus. Says it all.

I thought the counting went well. Huge adjustment to Covid. Different states with different rules, and political interventions to gum it up at every point. The officials (often with party affiliations) stayed professional and kept their nerve under huge pressure to hurry up, knowing full well that all Hell was ready break loose at if they bolloxed it.

I thought the counting went well. Huge adjustment to Covid. Different states with different rules, and political interventions to gum it up at every point. The officials (often with party affiliations) stayed professional and kept their nerve under huge pressure to hurry up, knowing full well that all Hell was ready break loose at if they bolloxed it.
You'd know better than me but I assume it is much harder to have mass fraud there than in the UK.

I refer your comments on professionalism (regardless of party affiliation) to the handful on this site who are wilfully falling for Trump's disgraceful bs claims.

Is nobody concerned for the future?
I expected a total repudiation of Trump and he actually increased his blooming vote.
WTF ?
Millions have accepted that his politics are normal?

You'd know better than me but I assume it is much harder to have mass fraud there than in the UK.

I refer your comments on professionalism (regardless of party affiliation) to the handful on this site who are wilfully falling for Trump's disgraceful bs claims.

Plenty of corruption on all sides, no doubt, but hard to organize it on a national scale. In some of the states voting Biden, the Republican ticket held up below him suggesting, for some at least, that President Trump was increasingly the problem.

As to being on the losing side -politics in a democracy is like football. You've lost, but you get another shot. Trump tapped into something big and gave it voice, but he gave it a cracked and incoherent voice in the end. For both parties, someone has to figure out how to tap into that 70 million plus who voted for Trump.

BTW he'd have won without Covid.

Is nobody concerned for the future?
I expected a total repudiation of Trump and he actually increased his blooming vote.
WTF ?
Millions have accepted that his politics are normal?

The new normal in politics maybe ?
I'd ask you which of his policies have been abnormal ?

Serious question in view of the age of the new president. What happens if he gets a serious case of dementia. Can the vise president just take over?

Serious question in view of the age of the new president. What happens if he gets a serious case of dementia. Can the vise president just take over?

He has certainly got something wrong with him , but the media has suppressed this subject as much as they can.
I'd be surprised if he lasts 12 months , before the Vice President takes over.