Who is this football pundit talking about? | Vital Football

Who is this football pundit talking about?

muttley

Alert Team
So bit of fun for the weekend. You all need to work as a VS team and name 10 Spurs players, past or present, that this football pundit was talking about. I will let you know the answers as posters get them correct.

1) That's why it's so important for any manager to do their home work on players mentalities before they buy them. A bit pointless buying purely on ability.

2) He looks way off the level required. Not good.

3) He does have his uses though

4) The man does recover really quickly. Would love to see his treatment plan.

5) New position? He has played numerous positions for us over the years. False number 9, as a striker, AM, LAM and RAM.

6) If some team is dumb enough to pay that let them.

7) Did okay in his first season. Was a decent player and nowhere near as bad as many made out.

8) He is still a gamble though he is clearly a head case but hey this team probably needed that.

9) If given a proper run in our side I bet he would get double figures with goals.

10) Worth more than that for me. 120m.

Ok my first stab at this is

1 Adebayor

2. Mabbutt

3. Jenas

4. Anderton

5. Sherringham

6. Bale

7. Pavlyuchenko

8. Gascoigne

9. Kane

10.Modric

Thanks for kicking us off.

You got 1 right name, but not to the right quote.

I'll let a few more have a go first and see what happens.

So bit of fun for the weekend. You all need to work as a VS team and name 10 Spurs players, past or present, that this football pundit was talking about. I will let you know the answers as posters get them correct.

1) That's why it's so important for any manager to do their home work on players mentalities before they buy them. A bit pointless buying purely on ability.

2) He looks way off the level required. Not good.

3) He does have his uses though

4) The man does recover really quickly. Would love to see his treatment plan.

5) New position? He has played numerous positions for us over the years. False number 9, as a striker, AM, LAM and RAM.

6) If some team is dumb enough to pay that let them.

7) Did okay in his first season. Was a decent player and nowhere near as bad as many made out.

8) He is still a gamble though he is clearly a head case but hey this team probably needed that.

9) If given a proper run in our side I bet he would get double figures with goals.

10) Worth more than that for me. 120m.
1 Gazza, 2 Gordon Durie,3 Gary Doherty, 4 Kane, 5 King, 6.Modric, 7 Bently,8 Berbatov. 9, Rebrov,10 Bale.

1 Gazza, 2 Gordon Durie,3 Gary Doherty, 4 Kane, 5 King, 6.Modric, 7 Bently,8 Berbatov. 9, Rebrov,10 Bale.

So 4 Kane and 5 Lamela was got by Walthy.

You didn't get any of the remaining 8 correct, but interestingly you correctly named an obscure player, but matched him to the wrong number. I'll let you figure that one out.