NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 168 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that will mean all concerned parties in relation to the Spanish bid. Not those waiting in the wings.
I know that Moonay, the point I was trying to get over was that if there was a funding problem, they wouldn't get around a table to discuss it with the Supporters Club, they would keep it between themselves and the admin untill it was sorted.

Last edited:
I know that Moonay, the point I was trying to get over was that if there was a funding problem, they wouldn't get around a table to discuss it with the Supporters Club, they would keep it between themselves and the admin untill it was sorted.
Supporters club? I guess they may well be an interested party, but I'd have thought this meeting is EFL, Spaniards and admins.

I may be wrong.

Wigan Today basically saying totally the opposite of what Kendrick said earlier, now saying Spanish want it to be a 15-20 year project, they want to develop the academy, and that tomorrows meeting will include a zoom call from Spain of two un named backers, The Supporters Club and the EFL! He says he is now more optimistic than he was earlier! Think someone has had a word in his ear!

Supporters club? I guess they may well be an interested party, but I'd have thought this meeting is EFL, Spaniards and admins.

I may be wrong.

That is why I originally questioned kings post (3244) about it being a funding problem because your original post (3243), in the headline states that the SC are to be involved in tomorrows 2pm meeting.
If it was regarding a problem with the funding the SC would not be involved in the meeting as they will surely only become an interested party if and when the take over happens.

That is why I originally questioned kings post (3244) about it being a funding problem because your original post (3243), in the headline states that the SC are to be involved in tomorrows 2pm meeting.
If it was regarding a problem with the funding the SC would not be involved in the meeting as they will surely only become an interested party if and when the take over happens.
Apologies ...... I missed that re the SC in the headline. (Post 3343 by the way ;)).

Either way, it presumably isn't with anyone else outside the "Spanish consortium", (and SC) as suggested by your post 3345 (ie other potential bidders).

Part of me wants the Spanish bid to be successful ................. but then again, another part of me wants a "local" bid to push through at the last minute. To be honest, so long as they don't screw us over, I just want it to be sorted.......whoever wins.

Apologies ...... I missed that re the SC in the headline. (Post 3343 by the way ;)).

Either way, it presumably isn't with anyone else outside the "Spanish consortium", (and SC) as suggested by your post 3345 (ie other potential bidders).

Part of me wants the Spanish bid to be successful ................. but then again, another part of me wants a "local" bid to push through at the last minute. To be honest, so long as they don't screw us over, I just want it to be sorted.......whoever wins.

Post 3345 read - 'Wigan Today are reporting that there is 2pm meeting tomorrow with all the concerned parties, if they were still concerned over the funding surely they would still just be dealing wih the Spanish consortium'.

I never thought or indicated that anyone else outside the concerned parties that the headline suggested would be involved, and like you I just want this fiasco to be over.

Really strange today. People thought cook was trying to get around the fee for leaving us and he's getting offers for Mansfield town!

Post 3345 read - 'Wigan Today are reporting that there is 2pm meeting tomorrow with all the concerned parties, if they were still concerned over the funding surely they would still just be dealing wih the Spanish consortium'.

I never thought or indicated that anyone else outside the concerned parties that the headline suggested would be involved, and like you I just want this fiasco to be over.

In that case, my apologies again ................... I obviously misinterpreted what you meant by "they would still just be dealing wih the Spanish consortium".

(y)

Really strange today. People thought cook was trying to get around the fee for leaving us and he's getting offers for Mansfield town!

I hadn't heard the rumours that Mansfield Town were interested in appointing Cook as Manager, but it's absolutely no surprise given Sharpe's involvement at Mansfield, I'd have thought it inevitable.

I find the sudden change in mood very strange. Only yesterday Paul Kendrick was saying he had proof of the staff salary reductions/redundancy rumours and how worried he was about talk of the academy going and now he's talking about a long term commitment built around the academy from the Spanish bidders. Very odd.

As unpleasant as it is for the staff,imo it's understandable the new owners are looking to cut wages due to the current climate of covid and the lack of income this has caused. I'm hopeful some of the 75 who were made redundant will also be re-hired,even if they will be on less money.At the end of the day if these wages are in line with staff of other League one clubs,as a fan I don't see it as a massive problem.

I really want the academy to continue,as I feel it's crucial for a club like ours and this latest article suggests it will,which is a big positive.

It would also be fantastic if the supporters club have a small stake in the club in return for the crowd funding.It makes sense imo for the new owners to have them on board to help them settle in and use their knowledge of Wigan and English football to assist them with some of the running of the club.

At this point I'm positive anyway after reading Paul's article last night as the owners seem to have a long term plan as well.

I did imagine so, I just think Paul was just gunning for his mates so written something negative with bullshit he was fed with. Let's hope today is good news. Two unnamed Spanish backers.

Talk is cheap. Show us the proof of funds, proper funds (not supporters club money combined with a few bob from their side) or piss off and let someone else complete the deal who do have the funds to run this club properly. The EFL need to stand firm here for our sake until they see the dollar. Do not sign our second death warrant again!

Sounds like Kendrick is hedging his bets. Two completely contradictory articles in the space of about 12 hours. I suspect the second was damage limitation as he’s had the nod that this deal is going through. Either way this meeting indicates a decision is imminent.

I find the sudden change in mood very strange. Only yesterday Paul Kendrick was saying he had proof of the staff salary reductions/redundancy rumours and how worried he was about talk of the academy going and now he's talking about a long term commitment built around the academy from the Spanish bidders. Very odd.
Looks like either way the intrepid and non challenging local journo has dropped a whopper here 🙈.
Don't think the fundamentals of journalism includ covering all eventualities to ensure you are right some of the time- more about seeking, investigating and informing of the truth - oh dear

He suddenly starts reporting negatives on the takeover now royals are interested, clearly pushing for his mates to takeover. We are not even sure if we are to even believe the Spanish intentions. Have to wait for the EFL to make a decisions, and even then, MBUZZ are still around, can the Royles even compete financially?

thank god we have options still in such a difficult market.

At this point I'm positive anyway after reading Paul's article last night as the owners seem to have a long term plan as well.

I wouldn't feel positive about anything Kendrick writes. Over the course of this Administration his coverage has been nothing short of woeful, I know from Twitter you are one of the fanboys who hang on his every word but really all these little clickbaits that are put out on Twitter are pathetic. Alan Nixon has proved without a doubt he has his finger on the Latics pulse and his information is free as well. Jay Whittle has emerged as the fans Clark Kent and deserves all the plaudits he receives.

I wouldn't feel positive about anything Kendrick writes. Over the course of this Administration his coverage has been nothing short of woeful, I know from Twitter you are one of the fanboys who hang on his every word but really all these little clickbaits that are put out on Twitter are pathetic. Alan Nixon has proved without a doubt he has his finger on the Latics pulse and his information is free as well. Jay Whittle has emerged as the fans Clark Kent and deserves all the plaudits he receives.
I dont think a decision will be made today expect EFL to talk to all concerned today then say decision will be next week
But what do i know

Status
Not open for further replies.