City Gossip | Page 101 | Vital Football

City Gossip

Last edited:
Geez......just seen the twat sounding off on Works Sports News on CNN.......which they then roll into a news story about a Women in Football report into Gender Discrimination in Football. So the issue has moved seamlessly from "you shouldn't touch any football official" into one where Aguero's action (which was IMO a mistake) is conflated with the gender of the official.

There is a false equivalence here. Either it is one to the other - you cannot condemn it for both and expect both arguments to be held up.

Does anyone think this fuss would be being made if it were Rashnaldo or Kane?

Does anyone think this fuss would be being made if it were Rashnaldo or Kane?

No I think the fuss is that it was a female because if the ass offal had been a bloke then we would not hear anything.

They said it was not a gender issue but that is exactly what it was. (because I thought Aguero was wrong, not because it was putting his hands on the referee but because the ref was a woman)

For me Kun has always been underrated by the sycophantic media, on a goals per minute played he has to be a great, but due to injuries he often does not win golden boots or player of the season accolades

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54624624

without a doubt. Damning with faint praise more often than not. If he played for JoMU or the dippers he would be hailed as World Class every week, would have featured in the Team of the Season etc far kore often. InstitutIonal bias writ large.

Currently watching the rerun of the 1999 League 2 Playoff Final on Sky Sports Football channel. One of those “where were you” moments. Happy days :wahey:
as Dickov points out it only got them to extra time, and as Horlock points out, no-one remembers the goal that started the comeback