Stop Press: Football is officially fecked | Vital Football

Stop Press: Football is officially fecked

FatherKnowsBest

Vital Football Hero
So, Paul Elliott after his extensive five months research has delivered a brand new and shiny 'diversity code to increase BAME and female representation' in the game for the FA. Now targetting 15% in 'executive positions', 25% in coaching, despite black people being 3% of the population, and currently significantly over-represented as players. Football isn't about race, its about merit. People who can, tend to get to the top.

But now, out goes merit, in comes gender and race. Thanks one and all. Go woke, go broke. Football is fecked, if it wasn't before...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54702729

So, Paul Elliott after his extensive five months research has delivered a brand new and shiny 'diversity code to increase BAME and female representation' in the game for the FA. Now targetting 15% in 'executive positions', 25% in coaching, despite black people being 3% of the population, and currently significantly over-represented as players. Football isn't about race, its about merit. People who can, tend to get to the top.

But now, out goes merit, in comes gender and race. Thanks one and all. Go woke, go broke. Football is fecked, if it wasn't before...

It's not just football FKB .......... smash the lot up !

Every appointment in every business should be about merit not the colour of your skin or religion. We are starting to over compensate for everything now.

The race to the bottom is gathering pace.

Merit is the only way, quotas are the acceptance of mediocrity in pursuit of political correctness.

The problem with codes, mandatory or voluntary at the outset, is that, to suit the agenda of those pursuing it , it becomes the stick to beat non comformers with similar to the way that saying anything against BLM has come to be seen as a hate crime

I'ts voluntary not mandatory at the moment don't panic.

With respect, thats what they said about the optional 'taking a knee'. You have the option of doing it or being the worst kind of b'stard racists.

At least now BLM have applied to be a political party in the UK, we can stop the charade that they are a humanitarian organisation. I presume that Sky will be doubling down on 'blm' rather than 'BLM' now.

at grass roots school boy elite and academy level theres hardly any black managers ,why because blacks arnt bothered to be managers. black kids playing football at these levels excluding academys dont hardly bother as well. theres load of black lads and packistani lads playing but amongst them selfs. i went down to a place called umix in sheffield near the lane to look at some of these players. some were the best ive seen at that level. i approached the relative people who were there parents coaches about some of em trialling for certain teams ,i nearly got fucking hamered .literally got run of cause they didnt want anything to do wi whites telling their kids what to do. straight up i wa gob smacked. id like paul elliot to come down and go with me and see the shit i saw and had to listen to

Only Southampton from the PL haven't unconditionally agreed.

Bettis no doubt was orgasmic agreeing to it. You just know he's got a picture of the knee taking at Villa Park hung up in his office.

No harm to you but this topic will not stay in my mind that long. Surprised you connected it to football being fecked but as usual it's about opinion.

I connected it because football is about merit and performance, not making overtly politically motivated virtue signals. Modern British football is full of people from a hundred different countries and cultures. All these players and coaches are there because they are the best. No-one questions why there are 6 out of 11 black players in the England team. They are there because they are the best. Yet now we have to ensure that there are 20 black managers, because a report says so.

I connected it because football is about merit and performance, not making overtly politically motivated virtue signals. Modern British football is full of people from a hundred different countries and cultures. All these players and coaches are there because they are the best. No-one questions why there are 6 out of 11 black players in the England team. They are there because they are the best. Yet now we have to ensure that there are 20 black managers, because a report says so.
Ya make a very good point re;the England team Pops.UTMPB

Why would it feck football up, I am pretty convinced owners will still appoint mangers coaches on merit anyway, so I don't get why you're getting so wound up about it. The fact is if it comes to fruition there nothing you could have done to prevent it.

Aren't those black England players fully behind this?
I've no doubt they will be Dezza the point i was agreein with was they're being selected for the England team on merit not because of their skin colour which in my opinion is how it should be.I dislike racism but as others have said be picked on how good you are not the colour of your skin or what sex ya are.UTMPB

I've no doubt they will be Dezza the point i was agreein with was they're being selected for the England team on merit not because of their skin colour which in my opinion is how it should be.I dislike racism but as others have said be picked on how good you are not the colour of your skin or what sex ya are.UTMPB
They could of course adopt the percentage of population measure Rod. 3% of the England team would then need to be black , or , from the new survey's highest target, 20%
Which 4 players should we leave out then?.

They really can't have it both ways............................................can they?

And I would imagine if any Premiership or football club owner appoints a black coach or manager it will be on merit because it's a business that requires success. Why people get uptight about something that is unlikely to happen is strange.