Derby | Page 13 | Vital Football

Derby

Next game different formation and players please.

Hugill to start.

Today was crying out for hugill and old school lumping it

1 win in 19 games . How much more time will Fark Up and the unpleasant Webber get ? Anywhere else and that sort of disgraceful stat will get you sacked

Very disappointing.

Some positives though. We looked much much better at the back and took a very good freekick for them to score. Gibson and Zimbo look like they could be a good partnership. Rupp had a better game, we could have scored three if it wasn't for 2 top top saves from Marshall and a slip from Pukki. Xavis crossing and set-peices are a very good. It was nice to see Emi back and looked good.

The negatives.
We seem afraid to shoot and try too hard to walk it in. Poor choice of subs, Emi shouldn't have come off and it ruined the shape of the team when he did leaving us very unbalanced. Hugill need to come on earlier and should have been a straight swap for Pukki or Stiepermann so we had two up top.

Not my usual rant, but there is only one way out of this shite we are in...Farke has to go and take Webber with him.

Very disappointing.

Some positives though. We looked much much better at the back and took a very good freekick for them to score. Gibson and Zimbo look like they could be a good partnership. Rupp had a better game, we could have scored three if it wasn't for 2 top top saves from Marshall and a slip from Pukki. Xavis crossing and set-peices are a very good. It was nice to see Emi back and looked good.

The negatives.
We seem afraid to shoot and try too hard to walk it in. Poor choice of subs, Emi shouldn't have come off and it ruined the shape of the team when he did leaving us very unbalanced. Hugill need to come on earlier and should have been a straight swap for Pukki or Stiepermann so we had two up top.
Defo a good def combo at the back, although derby clearly had no attacking intent so hard to gauge. Aarons should of scored if he just kept it down, hes a great player but his crossing is awful, never once did he get a good cross in from about 15 crosses! Pukki looks a shadow of himself, 1 goal (and that was a gk error)in 17 i think now?hes slow, miss controlling the ball, poor shooting, im not sure what hes giving us right now?

Very disappointing.

The negatives.
I agree rupp looked better today, but why did he decide to carry out his foul on the D when he tracked theyre player from the half way line and cld of fouled way away from goal? Brainless

Defo a good def combo at the back, although derby clearly had no attacking intent so hard to gauge. Aarons should of scored if he just kept it down, hes a great player but his crossing is awful, never once did he get a good cross in from about 15 crosses! Pukki looks a shadow of himself, 1 goal (and that was a gk error)in 17 i think now?hes slow, miss controlling the ball, poor shooting, im not sure what hes giving us right now?

That's true.
His crossing needs to improve but I don't hold anything against him for missing as I don't think it was that easy of a chance and 9 times out of 10 that would go in.
Pukki looks so low on confidence, I thought he started brightly and the ball he played across for Hernandez was just about perfect, it was just a shame that their defender was so alert (he was excellent for them in general). Possibly could do with dropping to try light a fire under him?

I agree rupp looked better today, but why did he decide to carry out his foul on the D when he tracked theyre player from the half way line and cld of fouled way away from goal? Brainless

I can only think he thought that Zimbo might get there or that he could get back and win it cleanly? Wasn't a great place to give a way a free kick though and cost us.

4 games in and we are in familiar territory - 8 points behind the leaders - guess its the leaders this time and not safety, mind you we're only 4 points above safety - maybe glad its a longer season than the Prem, however , if this is our general standard of play the second halfs going to be very painful