Team vs Bournemouth | Page 12 | Vital Football

Team vs Bournemouth

He will get the whole season
Not if we don't win more than one in three surely not??? To be in with any chance of making the play offs, we have to win two and draw one out of every four games. That means we MUST win the next game to stay in the running. If we don't and then don't meet the criteria after the following four games, we should seriously consider getting a new coach.

Last edited:
Frankly I think we are doing better than expected at this stage with one win and one draw (got it right this time).

Of course the structure of the team such as it was broke down when Hernandez went off because much of the attacking creativity involved him. Pukki has not been able to do his job because he was compensating for the deficiencies in other parts of the team. However, there were signs of progress; there were more players in the opposition box than previously and we had a marginal increase in shots on goal.

We are not the only team to dominate possession and suffer from attempting to break down a defensive opposition. Just take a look at MC's drubbing at the hands of Leicester. Even the famous and much vaunted Pep could not find a way to break through enough to. win.

I agree that DF needs to be more prepared to. change things when the strategy is not working. It was pretty obvious that building from the back was being targeted quite early in the first half yet we still continued with it. McLean plays in a position where small mistakes are punished and I think sometimes there should be others to support when he has three or four of the opposition are on his case. However, it was his losing the ball that lead to their goal, his unnecessary challenge that earned him a yellow, which caused him to be more hesitant in later contests and that wild shot in the vague direction of the goal wasted the opportunity to develop a more sophisticated attack. He should have been substituted before half time imo.

That said, there was a sure fire penalty call and a perfectly reasonable shout both of which were denied. The handball, I could grudgingly accept but the foul on Aarons in the box was clear cut and should have brought the equaliser. That would have changed the dynamic and we may well have gone on to win.

Frankly I think we are doing better than expected at this stage with one win and one draw (got it right this time).

Of course the structure of the team such as it was broke down when Hernandez went off because much of the attacking creativity involved him. Pukki has not been able to do his job because he was compensating for the deficiencies in other parts of the team. However, there were signs of progress; there were more players in the opposition box than previously and we had a marginal increase in shots on goal.

We are not the only team to dominate possession and suffer from attempting to break down a defensive opposition. Just take a look at MC's drubbing at the hands of Leicester. Even the famous and much vaunted Pep could not find a way to break through enough to. win.

I agree that DF needs to be more prepared to. change things when the strategy is not working. It was pretty obvious that building from the back was being targeted quite early in the first half yet we still continued with it. McLean plays in a position where small mistakes are punished and I think sometimes there should be others to support when he has three or four of the opposition are on his case. However, it was his losing the ball that lead to their goal, his unnecessary challenge that earned him a yellow, which caused him to be more hesitant in later contests and that wild shot in the vague direction of the goal wasted the opportunity to develop a more sophisticated attack. He should have been substituted before half time imo.

That said, there was a sure fire penalty call and a perfectly reasonable shout both of which were denied. The handball, I could grudgingly accept but the foul on Aarons in the box was clear cut and should have brought the equaliser. That would have changed the dynamic and we may well have gone on to win.

A very sensible and balanced write Rex.

Very balanced view, Rex 👍

All true Rex and a good observation on the game and our issues in general.
However despite needing new owners and much needed financial backing, DF does not do himself any favours by repeatedly refusing to change tactics, system or line ups therefore allowing us to focus on player errors.

It was very clear to me after 2 minutes of the Preston game that playing out from the back was going to be difficult due to a very high press. Any manager will know this and try that on us and it works well as we do not have the players Manchester City have to carry out such a difficult task and it fails regularly.
So to plan B. Long ball from Krul to non target man Pukki where the Preston and Bournemouth big CB 's won every challenge.
Meanwhile Idah sits on the bench for 70 minutes watching.

Reactions: Rex
Would you guys rather leitner/trybull over Rupp McLean?

Definetly. I think Trybull is a good Championship player and Leitner could've worked as a number 10 last year rather than the deeper role he was being played.

All true Rex and a good observation on the game and our issues in general.
However despite needing new owners and much needed financial backing, DF does not do himself any favours by repeatedly refusing to change tactics, system or line ups therefore allowing us to focus on player errors.

It was very clear to me after 2 minutes of the Preston game that playing out from the back was going to be difficult due to a very high press. Any manager will know this and try that on us and it works well as we do not have the players Manchester City have to carry out such a difficult task and it fails regularly.
So to plan B. Long ball from Krul to non target man Pukki where the Preston and Bournemouth big CB 's won every challenge.
Meanwhile Idah sits on the bench for 70 minutes watching.
It is clear DG so why is he so stubborn, to not try other things. Smacks of arrogance, imo.

Would you start with Pukki again against Derby? He didn't do much at all in this game and I can't remember him doing much at Huddersfield.

The point of Hugill is to pressure Pukki and if Pukki doesn't do well in a game then Hugill or Idah should start.

Things cannot get much worse so either try changing creativity in midfield ( ie actually having some ) and giving Pukki another game.
OR try 2 up front ( DF has maybe done this once ? )
My best team remains as :
Krul.
Aarons. Zimmermann. Gibson ( cpt ) Zavi.
Hernandez. Godfrey. Skipp. Vrancic.
Pukki. Idah.

Things cannot get much worse so either try changing creativity in midfield ( ie actually having some ) and giving Pukki another game.
Krul.
Pukki. Idah.
I like your set up DG. I would start with Placheta ahead of Super Mario and I would like to see Hugill get a start with AI up front

Krul.
Pukki. Idah.
DF will never play Godfrey in his actual position but will be happy to play him at left back?