New signing | Vital Football

New signing

Not an insider unfortunately, it’s been reported by Luke Caldwell. I’m going to have a wild guess at Tom O’Connor though.

EFL. clubs signing players, then claiming they don't have the money to survive(PS stated he couldn't see the club getting past Christmas) is there something they are not telling us?

Rhys Bennett potentially for the defensive position, bringing experience and further versatility to the defence.

On the left side, O’Connor is a possible but wouldn’t be surprised if it was a more attacking player. I couldn’t imagine O’Connor being effective from an attacking perspective in the role that Graham played today.

Given the fixtures I would not be surprised to see Evans go over the 5 loan players. Resting players with such a small squad will be difficult. Picking 5 from 6 for the squad will give more competition and if the right player is available at the right price then why not .We are allowed two over 23 I believe so they need not all be youngsters.

Given the fixtures I would not be surprised to see Evans go over the 5 loan players. Resting players with such a small squad will be difficult. Picking 5 from 6 for the squad will give more competition and if the right player is available at the right price then why not .We are allowed two over 23 I believe so they need not all be youngsters.
I have confidence that he’ll do the right thing.

Rhys Bennett potentially for the defensive position, bringing experience and further versatility to the defence.

On the left side, O’Connor is a possible but wouldn’t be surprised if it was a more attacking player. I couldn’t imagine O’Connor being effective from an attacking perspective in the role that Graham played today.
I think Thomas O'Connor might well have been the player Evans initially was after .But he wanted to stick to a more defensive role .Evans didn't want another left back .So I think that deal is dead .
As for Rhys Bennett he has not played at league one level since February. Had Evans wanted him I see no reason why he would not have made the move weeks ago. This article has a few other available centre backs.
http://argyle.life/opinion/top-10-free-agents-centre-backs-2020/
Some of which have since been signed up.Interestingly Jordan Spence has been playing for Alan Pardew in Holland although a right back he can play in the centre of defence as well he would bring extra experience.If rumours about the dutch link are true then this could be our man.

Last edited:
I think Thomas O'Connor might well have been the player Evans initially was after .But he wanted to stick to a more defensive role .Evans didn't want another left back .So I think that deal is dead .
As for Rhys Bennett he has not played at league one level since February. Had Evans wanted him I see no reason why he would not have made the move weeks ago. This article has a few other available centre backs.
http://argyle.life/opinion/top-10-free-agents-centre-backs-2020/
Some of which have since been signed up.Interestingly Jordan Spence has been playing for Alan Pardew in Holland although a right back he can play in the centre of defence as well he would bring extra experience.If rumours about the dutch link are true then this could be our man.

You could be on the money there Chris. Especially about Tom O’Connor.

I do think Rhys Bennett is a possibility, but maybe Spence is a good shout.

As for a getting left sided forward player, would that mean we’d set up a more conventional 4-4-2 with Graham and “new guy” on the wings and Oliver/Samuel up top and Akinde Coyle rotating with them?

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Last edited:
I had a hunch it was a guy from Southampton called will Ferry. He WAS alert winger last year but noticed hes playing left back and left wing back this year as oconnor moved inside a centreback for Saints B. Just a hunch and maybe miles off

I had a hunch it was a guy from Southampton called will Ferry. He WAS alert winger last year but noticed hes playing left back and left wing back this year as oconnor moved inside a centreback for Saints B. Just a hunch and maybe miles off
If we were after Tom O'Connor and your information fits with what Evans said after he failed to land the player he wanted.Saints could have offered Will Ferry as he does seem to fit the bill nicely.Might be a excellent super sub type player on the left.

O'Connor would make sense in as much as he'd offer cover as CB as well as giving us options in midfield and could cover LB also. SE said earlier in pre season he needed to have versatile players who could play three or four positions. O'Connor certainly fits in with that.

Think if we were going to sign Rhys Bennett it would have happened by now being a free agent.

KOL article says: "Evans is keen to add a forward-thinking left-sided player to his squad and is just awaiting the green-light from the Premier League player’s first-team manager."

Anticipating that a quality Left sided player is coming in, as it sounds like SE is understandably keen to get Graham back on the right hand side. The pedigree of the lefty ex-Celtic lad that we were interested in suggests that SE is looking for someone of high calibre as a game starter on the Left. Does that mean that SE is keen to play a 5-3-2 with Oggy joining Tucker and Medley/Maghoma in the middle ? Whatever his intention is, there`s plenty of reason to be confident about how the management team is setting up our game-plans.

SE has said a potential loan player is in London this afternoon for a medical. Wonder if it will be announced today, or still wait until tomorrow.

And also just “waiting to hear” on one more.

And also said that will be our squad complete at 21 when all fit. 18 with the 3 injured?