The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 112 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

You do realis that clubs don't have the income, german clubs tend to get 60k gates and less TV money they aren't as flush as the PL clubs. Brentford have a new stadium and no income, clubs in lower leagues are as good as finished there will be a surplus of footballers only the best will get deals and they won't be as high.

There's only 2 that get over 60k and I dont think Dortmund or Bayern will be struggling financially. They may be cautious on how many new signings they make but I just cant see the arse falling out of the transfer market at the higher end. The lower leagues yes, we'll probably see a lot of free transfers or swaps happening as they rely on the gate receipts. There are also a few bigger clubs that were already struggling financially before covid struck such as Valencia - but I can only see a handful being in that situation.

Sky reported the other night that Juventus are looking to off load Aaron Ramsey. He is 29, supposedly on 400 grand a week ( I don’t believe it tbh) . No way is he going to get anywhere near that from a club in this country. Is he going to Citeh, Liverpool, Manure, Chelsea at his age?. Back to Arsenal ? . Maybe. He will need to take a pay cut whatever.
The other night Deano mentioned Chris Smalling. These are the players i want us to be going for , not one season or no season wonders who failed to get Brentford promoted. These are the players that will get SJ to believe we have ambition and stay These are the players that will get supporters believing again.

I am not saying every position has to be filled with this level or financial commitment but imagine Smalling in defence, Ramsey in midfield and an experienced striker with the likes of Heaton, Mings, Konsa, SJM, Luiz , SJ. It really is not going to take much is it. C’mon....get cracking board .

I agree entirely. With 4 or so targeted and astute signings we should be middle tablish no problem. We have the nucleus of a stable PL side. We can then move onwards and upwards.

Ramsey appears to be a model pro and the only question I would have is how much of an influence he could be on the younger players. JT had a massive influence, possibly because of his trophy haul and possibly because he is still Jack the lad. Would the youngsters respect a Milner or Ramsey type? He'd definitely improve the squad technically.