Brexit rolls on... | Page 39 | Vital Football

Brexit rolls on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you get the "fact" that anyone who is 20 now will only end up with 25% of what my generation has got. That's ridiculous . After working for 40 years I've got a mortgage free house. Any couple earning an average £25k each (or far less) could afford a house like mine, and have just as much as me in 40 years time. Should I be moaning that the people who retired 10 or 15 years before me are better off ? Pensions have reduced because people live longer. Interest rates have fallen too. Since the crash we have had 10 years in which wages have struggled, but people now (pre-covid) are far better off than we were when I got married 40 years ago.

I started off in a house with second hand furniture, no tv phone etc. My kids are beyond their 20s now, but have far more than we did at the same age.
Ewe, you were lucky...

I've had to look back at what DF's actually said. The only thing he's guilty of is exaggerating how bad the Blairites are. The way he's been jumped on here is a prime example of the fucking witchhunt by the right-wing of the Labour Party.

@Basha73 don't lower yourself to Pope/CP's level and their woke faux outrage, you're a decent bloke/poster.

I've had to look back at what DF's actually said. The only thing he's guilty of is exaggerating how bad the Blairites are. The way he's been jumped on here is a prime example of the fucking witchhunt by the right-wing of the Labour Party.

@Basha73 don't lower yourself to Pope/CP's level and their woke faux outrage, you're a decent bloke/poster.
Being fair I only post on this thread if I have something to say, either because the conversation touches on something interesting or because I either really like or dislike something that has been said.

I have stayed away from the conversation about anti-semitism because I don’t know enough to feel qualified to comment.

Comparing people who didn’t bow down at Corbyn’s feet to pre-war Germany is pushing the bounds of bad taste though. To a point that I find distasteful.

Mostly I will just comment that I find DFs posts a blend of fantasy and revisionism but that sort of comment pushes buttons that really shouldn’t be pushed as we are talking about comparing the outcome of a vote to one of the most heinous periods in world history

If you think otherwise then fair enough but I would rather not see comments like that in any discussion.

You do make me laugh using woke as an insult, JC.

That term used to refer specifically to people exactly like you who are aware of The Establishment. People who know who the entities are that are really pulling the strings in society and how they are using their positions of power to suppress certain groups to maintain that power and enrich themselves.
People who took the 'red pill' and have woken up to the unpleasant reality. People who then use the term sheeple and encourage others to Wake Up! to what's going on.

Very recently "woke" has taken on a new post-modern meaning and idiots like Lawrence Fox and other over-privileged, white men use it to mock those who are disgusted by inequality. Claiming faux outrageSwhenever anyone is upset with their shoutings.

Genuinely surprised you have jumped on that bandwagon since you're always keen to rail against the hidden agendas and stick up for the repressed working classes.

You just compared people in a party you claim to have been a member of to Nazi holocaust architects. And you dare to call me a bully?

You are now claiming you were ignorant of the history. If you don't even know who Eichmann was then you really have no business deploying history to back up your bullshit arguments.

We'll just add this to your ever growing history of horrendously inappropriate posts

And?

You really don't get how this works do you

Do you need help with a spread sheet

I'm good with pivot tables you can search for the thing that has made you get sand in your fanny easier

Owd faux outrage pope

You do make me laugh using woke as an insult, JC.

That term used to refer specifically to people exactly like you who are aware of The Establishment. People who know who the entities are that are really pulling the strings in society and how they are using their positions of power to suppress certain groups to maintain that power and enrich themselves.
People who took the 'red pill' and have woken up to the unpleasant reality. People who then use the term sheeple and encourage others to Wake Up! to what's going on.

Very recently "woke" has taken on a new post-modern meaning and idiots like Lawrence Fox and other over-privileged, white men use it to mock those who are disgusted by inequality. Claiming faux outrageSwhenever anyone is upset with their shoutings.

Genuinely surprised you have jumped on that bandwagon since you're always keen to rail against the hidden agendas and stick up for the repressed working classes.

I do use it as an insult, you're quite right. It's the liberal left/woke and the neoliberal right of the Labour Party that have given us a fucking Tory government

And?

You really don't get how this works do you

Do you need help with a spread sheet

I'm good with pivot tables you can search for the thing that has made you get sand in your fanny easier

Owd faux outrage pope
You might not have noticed, but there is nothing faux about the distaste you have caused

If one moment I actually thought Pope was genuine in his unease about something I have posted then I may have given it a second thought and explained why I posted what I did

But fuck me he's a top class bull shitter and professional drama Queen victim

Oh the drama

I do use it as an insult, you're quite right. It's the liberal left/woke and the neoliberal right of the Labour Party that have given us a fucking Tory government
Have you ever been on a forum, or read an article, where an author has encouraged others to Get Woke?

I bet you have.

We were always getting a Tory government while Corbyn was Labour leader.

The whys and wherefores are largely as irrelevant as Corbyn is but he was ineffective as a leader and was seen as indecisive by the masses who were looking for clarity one way or another.

No, it's your working class red wall traitors who have given you a Tory government- by voting for it.

They waned Brexit, can't you see that? instead of Eddie Izzard and Middle Class History teachers and their luvvies, neoliberal/globalists trying to overturn it

Generally on most issues the woke position is the correct one imo.

TBH when you all keep calling each other racist and antisemitic it just looks like bickering among children rather than 'woke' politics.

We were always getting a Tory government while Corbyn was Labour leader.

The whys and wherefores are largely as irrelevant as Corbyn is but he was ineffective as a leader and was seen as indecisive by the masses who were looking for clarity one way or another.

No we wasn't. With a left wing party instead of a neoliberal Blairite party Corbyn would've won

No, it's your working class red wall traitors who have given you a Tory government- by voting for it.
Technically, those traitors just failed to vote labour.

You might think that it amounts to the same thing - a tory government - and in a way it does. But there is a difference. If they voted tory they would have been endorsing the tory policy of brexit. The evidence would have been a large rise in the tory vote. But they didn't. They just avoided Labour (shhh... because of the leadership).

Not a chance. There’s a reason we haven’t had a left wing government for decades and that is because the voting masses don’t want it and won’t vote for it.
This is so staggeringly simple and obvious that it always astounds me the myopia necessary to be blind to it

Status
Not open for further replies.