Brexit rolls on... | Page 38 | Vital Football

Brexit rolls on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet house prices are how many times higher? Or are you just going to ignore that bit as it doesn’t suit your argument...?

The pay rates are clearly adjusted for cost of living, which includes house prices etc so that's irrelevant. I feel sorry for anyone in London, but round here you can still get a decent house for £130k, which should be easily achievable for two people on a normal pay level.

Luxury! We used to get up half an hour before we went to bed.

Ps just bought first new sofa in my early forties. Only dfs, lads, I'm not made of money!
I'm not complaining though. I'm alright Jack. I've worked quite hard but acknowledge that most of my 'wealth' has come through luck and privilege.

My parents bought their first house in 1971 for £7500 on an annual income of approx £10k.

In 1981 they sold that house for £25k and bought the house they are in now for £36k. They were on approx £20k.

That house is now worth over £300k.

The house I am in now cost over £120k. I am lucky that it cost that little and that I am part of a £60k household but look back through those figures and spot the trend.

House prices are bonkers and people in their 20s don’t have a prayer. And that’s before having to think about pensions, private healthcare etc because these things are no longer guaranteed.

Everyone thinks their generation had it toughest and everyone can point to something to support their argument but I know I would rather be in my parents position rather than that of my wife’s kids who are in their 20s.
Our house has risen in value by £60k in the 5 years we have lived here.

Median salary in Nottingham is £22k. That means your average house will be around 8-10 times salary. The alternative is to live somewhere like Sneinton (as I did) or Forest fields where you can get houses for £120k (an article in the post last week stayed the cheapest house on Rightmove was £120k in forest fields). There are very good reasons why people don't want to live there; primarily anti social behaviour that is a result of poverty. A significant amount of the housing stock there is being bought by people such as Lienking and Poacher as investments.

When rent is £600 p/m or more, how are people supposed to save a minimum 10% deposit?

His generation love to suggest Millennials and Zers are lazy, indolant, not wanting to save. But you need 12k for a shithole in forest fields, or 20k for a more average house. Where is that meant to come from?

For those wanting a fairly average house to start a family in, a couple who somehow managed to save £200 a month (very, very hard) might, if no disasters happen, no cars break down seriously, etc manage it in 9-10 years. Of course, by then you are in your 30s, with slightly fewer options for length of term; and prices have gone when further out of control. My house has risen 30% in value in 5 years. What chance have our savers, looking for a fairly average house have when the starting price might be 8 times salary?

They could make the shithole in 5 saving 200 a month (let's pretend that is easy, which is is not; on average salary it is nearly impossible, even without any quality of life), and their value doesn't rise as quickly. But that is also the trap; it's not as easy to move up the ladder from a house like that

My grandparents bought their council house for 4k, now it's £120k. My mother bought a house in the early 90's for 80k and sold it for 250k. What chance have people got?

The pay rates are clearly adjusted for cost of living, which includes house prices etc so that's irrelevant. I feel sorry for anyone in London, but round here you can still get a decent house for £130k, which should be easily achievable for two people on a normal pay level.
Post ran an article last week on the cheapest house in Nottingham; £120k I'm forest fields

I haven't ignored anything you said. You stated that throughout our lives jobs have been "bountiful" - your word not mine. I left teachers training college in June 1976 and spent 6 months unemployed as there were no teaching jobs, and very few others. The unemployment rate in the 80s reached 12% which is probably higher than it will be post covid. You have read a few books and think we were all guaranteed jobs for life. After 4 years at Uni/ teachers training college, I got a job as a clerk. I then spent 4 years of my own time, and at my own expense doing an accountancy course, having to work my way up from the bottom. Most of my 40 plus years working was in industry. On 4 occasions I have been made redundant because the companies relocated work to Asia,Scotland etc. Hardly the guaranteed jobs for life that you seem to think we all had.
And you think Brexit would have stopped that happening?

You left school at a time when you could go down the job centre, pick a job, and expect to have it for life. My father in law left school around the time you left uni (you are probably the same age) and that is exactly what he did, becoming a gas engineer apprentice. 40 years on he retired from British has with 500k in the bank, an eye watering pension and 80k lump sum.

You clearly entered the wrong profession at the wrong time, but do you think a young man leaving school could go to the job centre and have a similar experience to my father in law?

My father left school and worked at co op before getting into selling men's suits. He was able to maintain a comfortable middle class life and mortgage on a shopworkers wages. Is that possible now?

You left school at a time when you could go down the job centre, pick a job, and expect to have it for life. ?

It depends of course where you work. I'm sure there are still jobs around like that.

You left school at a time when you could go down the job centre, pick a job, and expect to have it for life.

You clearly haven't read what I put. My dads generation probably had jobs for life. I guess the dockers, mineworkers, and in my case printers (worked for three printing companies) all thought they had jobs for life. I guess there are still jobs for life (maintenance of utilities ,plumbers, electricians NHS, teachers etc) . Just depends how lucky you are.

Not really sure what Brexit has to do with this. Not really a problem till the mass movement started from Poland and Eastern Europe.

It depends of course where you work. I'm sure there are still jobs around like that.

You clearly haven't read what I put. My dads generation probably had jobs for life. I guess the dockers, mineworkers, and in my case printers (worked for three printing companies) all thought they had jobs for life. I guess there are still jobs for life (maintenance of utilities ,plumbers, electricians NHS, teachers etc) . Just depends how lucky you are.

Not really sure what Brexit has to do with this. Not really a problem till the mass movement started from Poland and Eastern Europe.
You've just waxed lyrical about the mass unemployment of the 1980s. Was the the Poles' fault too?

Can't be far off. The RPI is the cost of goods and services . Try this one then. This one comes up with £150,000 ! You are welcome to provide a better link if you can find one.

https://www.hl.co.uk/tools/calculators/inflation-calculator
It’s a sidestep from the discussion and you know it.

Look at wages vs house prices. It has never been worse for young people.

I would be the first to defend my parents from some of the boomer accusations. I watched my dad work 10-12 hours a day, six days a week, sometimes seven. My mother wasn’t far behind and also raised four kids.

They worked fucking hard and deserve their comfortable retirement. They are also lifetime labour voters and voted remain just in case there are any comments...

Doesn’t change the fact that it is harder than ever to get on that ladder and any accountant worth their salt should know that.

Your comparison to the defence of concentration camp murderers at Nuremberg is actually quite sickening- not the first time you have made distasteful and ridiculous comparisons to the holocaust

Shut up you absolute fanny I did no such thing I compared you to the silence that the majority of Germans did leading up to and during WW2 and those in active combat who said they were just following orders

I think you know this but as usual you have decided to go nuclear because you are on the back foot

I see you got our resident Anti Semite to like your post

Very telling that you two always seem to be on the same page

This is how much of a coward you are you elaborate on something someone has said then add your little movie that you have made up in your head

Then a few weeks later

Do exactly what you have done today and try make out they have said this and that and have done it a few times before

It's pathetic and every time you do it I cringe inside thinking

This person is an actual human being

Last edited:
Shut up you absolute fanny I did no such thing I compared you to the silence that the majority of Germans did leading up to and during WW2 and those in active combat who said they were just following orders

I think you know this but as usual you have decided to go nuclear because you are on the back foot

Anyone comparing people voting In an election or thinking differently to you to Nazi Germany, in any way, is either despicable, a pure fantasist, or both.

Disown it any way you like or try to deflect, it makes no difference.

This is how much of a coward you are you elaborate on something someone has said then add your little movie that you have made up in your head

Then a few weeks later

Do exactly what you have done today and try make out they have said this and that and have done it a few times before

It's pathetic and every time you do it I cringe inside thinking

This person is an actual human being
You are sick. Utterly sick to make that comparison.

Not an ounce of contrition. You either double down or pretend you haven't said it or pretend it's not that bad. It is. You have just admitted to exactly what I accused you of.

I keep thinking there are no more new lows you could discover, but you keep digging and digging.

Talking about the "silence" of Germans leading up to WWII as if you know what the fuck you are talking about. Did Bruce Forsyth tell you that one, you despicable fantasist Walter Mitty?

Anyone comparing people voting In an election or thinking differently to you to Nazi Germany, in any way, is either despicable, a pure fantasist, or both.

Disown it any way you like or try to deflect, it makes no difference.

Well don't take it that way then..it's not hard

Stop being precious and a drama queen

Jesuse christ you are acting like that fanny Pope

You are sick. Utterly sick to make that comparison.

Not an ounce of contrition. You either double down or pretend you haven't said it or pretend it's not that bad. It is. You have just admitted to exactly what I accused you of.

I keep thinking there are no more new lows you could discover, but you keep digging and digging.

Talking about the "silence" of Germans leading up to WWII as if you know what the fuck you are talking about. Did Bruce Forsyth tell you that one, you despicable fantasist Walter Mitty?

Are you still going on

Fuck In ell

Your faux outrage disgusts me

And you deliberately trying to move the goal posts is very telling

I gave an example

You went all whinny little bitch and went as far as you could to take the heat off you

I gave a comparison but you are too fucking thick or wilfully ignorant to understand

Its a common theme with you

You did it recently with other posters regarding antisemitism

You are a pathetic and what is even worse is that you continue to do the same over and over again

Grow up

Last edited:
Oh It's going to get bad for the Nasty Red Tory party

Unite says there is first hand evidence of fraud and false accounting by a group of Labour HQ staff members during the 2017 election.

Like most everything else that has been submitted to Forde Inquiry, Unite’s submission has been leaked to the press.

It details "racism, sexism, abuse, factionalism and sabotage" - And says the reason it wasn’t dealt with by former Labour General Secretary, Iain McNicol, is because he was complicit in the bullying culture, and must be held to account for his role in it.

The submission mentions appalling misogynistic abuse endured by senior female members of Corbyn’s team - things people in any other profession would be sacked for. The parts detailing the bullying and abuse leveled at Diane Abbott are sickening.

Unite again registers its concern about the current Labour leadership going *against legal advice* and settling legal disputes with some of the former staff.
👇
Unite also says the current Labour leadership agreed to pay these people off *before the Labour leadership election* in an effort to secure votes. This is absolutely damning if true.

It calls on Labour to urgently restore trust with its party membership.

Are you still going on

Fuck In ell

Your faux outrage disgusts me

And you deliberately trying to move the goal posts is very telling

I gave an example

You went all whinny little bitch and went as far as you could to take the heat off you

I gave a comparison but you are too fucking thick or wilfully ignorant to understand

Its a common theme with you

You did it recently with other posters regarding antisemitism

You are a pathetic and what is even worse is that you continue to do the same over and over again

Grow up
You were quoting Adolf fucking Eichmann you absolute specimen

You were quoting Adolf fucking Eichmann you absolute specimen

Oh well I don't know who he is

But that line is part of pop culture

I've just read.... and it was used in the Nuremberg trials

The point was it was a comparison and you used it to deflect and have a faux breakdown as you tend to do

You're so precious
So piss off with your shite I really don't give and never will give a fuck

But its nice to see you act in the way that you do

Typical Red Tory bully enabler

Oh well I don't know who he is

But that line is part of pop culture

I've just read.... and it was used in the Nuremberg trials

The point was it was a comparison and you used it to deflect and have a faux breakdown as you tend to do

You're so precious
So piss off with your shite I really don't give and never will give a fuck

But its nice to see you act in the way that you do

Typical Red Tory bully enabler
You just compared people in a party you claim to have been a member of to Nazi holocaust architects. And you dare to call me a bully?

You are now claiming you were ignorant of the history. If you don't even know who Eichmann was then you really have no business deploying history to back up your bullshit arguments.

We'll just add this to your ever growing history of horrendously inappropriate posts

Status
Not open for further replies.