The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 93 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

I just hope we don't sign anyone lightweight we need lads in the mold of McGinn and Grealish. Benrahma and Watkins looked a little lightweight, easy to push off the ball. Its easy to look good in the Championship 80% of the defenders are pure bruisers with no anticipation or game reading. Its a whole different ball game when the defenders are both bruisers and intelligent enough to see your next move a mile away.

When McGinn and Grealish get the ball under pressure or in tight spaces it sticks and they hold on to it. When Trez, Wesley, Hourihane get it its lost.

Luiz is an example of a lad who looked lightweight but once he got to grips with the pace looked solid and comfortable.

V57 knows what I mean when I say its the most frustrating thing in the world to see a full-grown man easily pushed off the ball or lose it so easily because they can't hold it for 5 seconds and make a pass.

Thats another reason why Norwich went down, Cantwell and Buendia are good players but they are crisp packets. As an example, nobody is pushing Adama or Zaha off the ball. They arent nearly as good as Grealish but their physical ability and pace makes them look almost as exciting.

Platt's goal in the Everton 6-2 game, Big Rodney gets it out wide, runs at the full-back and does a little shimmy and half-stepover to create space for his cross.... Classic moment that won many of us over....
Ha just watched that on You Tube. 31 years ago. Makes you feel so old.

£50m is too much
Can’t we do a swap deal and give them el gazi and samatta in exchange?
Someone mentioned Watkins is injury prone, not sure if true, but I’m always wary as Villa players of recent have had bad luck with injuries!

£50m is too much
Can’t we do a swap deal and give them el gazi and samatta in exchange?
Someone mentioned Watkins is injury prone, not sure if true, but I’m always wary as Villa players of recent have had bad luck with injuries!
I'd rather we gave them Lansbury, Hogan, Nyland and Jota as a straight swap... :fish:

Bizarre rumours of Lazio coming in for Wesley with an initial offer of 13 million. I'm sure some would be over the moon if this wasn't made up! I'd have though we would be wanting more though if we did decide to sell.

Snatch their hands off.

We're too quick to judge, before the break we'd have took 20MM for Luiz and now we'd be very disappointed with anything less than 25-30MM given his potential.

People wanted to drive Adama back to Barca and Veretout to whoever would have him. Amavi, Gana its a long list. Maybe just maybe we should persist with something for more than 12 months for once.

I agree entirely.

I would, however, still personally drive Wesley anywhere he liked to get rid, he was and will always remain useless at this level.

I know it's another loan, but if our other targets out wide look unlikely for any reason, what would people think about Daniel James from Man Utd? Not getting past Greenwood, Martial and probably Sancho this season is he?

I know it's another loan, but if our other targets out wide look unlikely for any reason, what would people think about Daniel James from Man Utd? Not getting past Greenwood, Martial and probably Sancho this season is he?

not a massive fan of loans, however, IF we buy 3 or 4 quality players, and there is then a sensible loan option to bring in another, I'd be happy with that.

Strange how people see strikers. I thought Tammy had a great season for us, and if his goal-scoring tailed off a bit his work for the team went up, a major contribution to our 10 game winning run.

Likewise Bent probably saved us from relegation the season he came. Then with Young and Downing both gone he scored enough before his injury to save us that season as well.

Maybe it's just me though. I always did think Withe was a bit of a cart horse :fish:

Tammy is a 22 year old England International and will only get better. Only Jack had more of an impact towards getting this club back into the Premier league, on the playing side anyway. He dragged us through those long winter months when Grealish was out and we'd have lost a hell of a lot more points without him. If we got the chance to sign him for anything less than 40m or so I'd grab Chelseas hands off. He is in the right place at the right time far more often than not and you cannot teach that. Keep Jack and get in another winger or 2 who can actually supply a striker and he'll get 15 or more every season.

Strange how people see strikers. I thought Tammy had a great season for us, and if his goal-scoring tailed off a bit his work for the team went up, a major contribution to our 10 game winning run.

Likewise Bent probably saved us from relegation the season he came. Then with Young and Downing both gone he scored enough before his injury to save us that season as well.

Maybe it's just me though. I always did think Withe was a bit of a cart horse :fish:
If Bent had arrived instead of or as well as Heskey we'd have been a Champions League club the next year and fuck knows what could have been.

Tammy had a great season for us and it's a struggle to see an argument against that. Whether he's exactly what we need now remains to be seen but he'd be our best striker by far regardless.

If Bent had arrived instead of or as well as Heskey we'd have been a Champions League club the next year and fuck knows what could have been.

Tammy had a great season for us and it's a struggle to see an argument against that. Whether he's exactly what we need now remains to be seen but he'd be our best striker by far regardless.

MON turned down signing Falcao from River Plate the January we signed Heskey. He'd been offered to us because he used the same agent as Angel. MON divides opinion and has many good and bad points but one thing about him that I am certain of is that if he'd been given even more money, like man city PSG type money he'd have signed exactly the same players just for more and we'd have paid them more.