The Wesley Moræs Thread | Page 46 | Vital Football

The Wesley Moræs Thread

He did improve those last few games before that meandering Neanderthal assaulted him. He's potentially going to be a good signing longer term

Compare with Samatta. Samatta knows what he's supposed to be doing. He knows where to be on the field. He knows what chances to expect.

I had a feeling with Wesley that even when he was improving he had to be coached what to do. That to me means he isn't of the standard we need. Maybe he's a slow developer and will improve. But we needed players to hit the ground running.

Compare with Trez. Trez may lack in certain areas. But he understands the game far better.

I think he'd do well enough playing with Samatta. Whenever we actually got players around him he's looked better. The game vs Burnley was a perfect example. We actually got men supporting the striker and he scores one and does well in the build up to the second. A lot to improve on but he's nowhere near as bad as some make him out to be. A great scapegoat mind.

I've been both impressed and appalled with his displays this season. I cannot make up my mind as to whether he's any good or not. Incredible against Everton, decent against Norwich, appeared to be turning a corner with a good display against Burnley but to me he's a player who doesn't know how to be a striker. He doesn't make good runs, seldom free in the box.

Samatta at like half the price looks far far superior in terms of movement and is much sharper with his hold up play as well. Wesley IMO was not money well spent, at all.

I've been both impressed and appalled with his displays this season. I cannot make up my mind as to whether he's any good or not. Incredible against Everton, decent against Norwich, appeared to be turning a corner with a good display against Burnley but to me he's a player who doesn't know how to be a striker. He doesn't make good runs, seldom free in the box.

Samatta at like half the price looks far far superior in terms of movement and is much sharper with his hold up play as well. Wesley IMO was not money well spent, at all.

It's pretty simple and your last line answered your own question ;)

Selling him now would be madness in my opinion. Yes, he struggled, yes he fell over (and stayed down) too much, but to discard him after half a season in the league is far too early. He's come into this league as a 22 year-old and whether we like it or not, it's going to take time. Not only did he have huge expectation due to the fee, but he also had no competition/relief for his place in the side. Davis was injured most of the first-half of the season and Kodjia had a non-existent work ethic. Before that thug Mee ended his season he'd started to show a few glimpses of potential.....

Personally I think its far too early to discard him for less than we paid for him. He's 22 and in a completely new league with a team that was struggling. I know he's thought of as useless by many but I think there's something there and I'm sick of so many pf our supposedly rubbish players going on and doing well elsewhere. Gana, Adama, Veretout, Ayew, Albrighton were all apparently crap but have been playing at a higher level than us since leaving. Get him fit, bed him back in gradually and ffs get some players around him more often.

No denying he's been shite and he didn't improve ala Benteke but too early to write him off fully as even though he missed some sitters and goes down quicker than Patrick Bamford - he's still our fourth highest goalscorer for 2019/20 PMSL

No denying he's been shite and he didn't improve ala Benteke but too early to write him off fully as even though he missed some sitters and goes down quicker than Patrick Bamford - he's still our fourth highest goalscorer for 2019/20 PMSL
Agree with all that except the Bamford bit.

If we get a bid anywhere near what we paid snatch there hands off.

Another player that is getting better the longer he is injured he is awful he was awful before we brought him and will be awful after we sell him just very bad scouting like the rest of our not worthy of the name strikers need better whatever money we get for him use to get a new backup striker.

Cut our losses on and move on, obviously, bullshit story as no club is going to buy a player who has been out injured 9 months for that kind of price before he's even played.
It's like buying a car then finding it needs a new engine 2 months down the line, you need a reliable car to get you to work so you'd trade it intake the loss and buy another.
Or you could fanny about sticking additives in the fuel tank hoping it will fix blow rings, or main bearings no move on. put the money towards a new one

Agree with Mr Field, a bullshit story.
Does anyone know is he is back doing any training.