The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 92 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

To be fair, put any of Carew, Angel, Dublin, Benteke, Baros, Bent, Cascarino, Olney, Atkinson, Saunders, Collymore, Gray, Deehan, Geddis, Little, Shaw, Withe, Yorke, Milosevic, MacInally into the championship and they'd be very likely to score that many....
Sorry I can’t accept cascarino on that list. Quite possibly the poorest striker I’ve seen in a Villa shirt.

I think people are getting too bogged down with this arbitrary 200 goals figure. Tammy has the ability to come straight in and score goals for us - more goals than Samatta and Wesley would score. And on top of that he has potential to improve further in the future to be a really top player.

and there's the obsession with how many goals he'd score again

Sorry I can’t accept cascarino on that list. Quite possibly the poorest striker I’ve seen in a Villa shirt.
I know, he doesn't rank highly for me, biggest mistake that Sir Graham ever made was bringing him in and derailing that 89-90 season, but I still think he'd have scored bags of goals in Division 2....

This.

plus, realistically which other proven prem goal scorers could we get? They aren’t exactly going cheap, so if we can get origi or Tammy then I think we have done well. Let’s not forget, we used to be huge, now we are (in the eyes of others) lucky to be in the prem, and so we cannot sign proven quality from any good league. We have to take a punt on unproven players or ones that have potential.

This.

plus, realistically which other proven prem goal scorers could we get? They aren’t exactly going cheap, so if we can get origi or Tammy then I think we have done well. Let’s not forget, we used to be huge, now we are (in the eyes of others) lucky to be in the prem, and so we cannot sign proven quality from any good league. We have to take a punt on unproven players or ones that have potential.

Pukki and Deeney got double figures in relegated sides but they aren't Liverpool or Chelsea reserves so they wouldn't be good enough for us.
So having a proven scorer isn't that big a deal as it didn't save either of those two sides who both scored far less than us

Pukki and Deeney got double figures in relegated sides but they aren't Liverpool or Chelsea reserves so they wouldn't be good enough for us.
So having a proven scorer isn't that big a deal as it didn't save either of those two sides who both scored far less than us

Agreed.
I think we are in agreement though that we need a striker or two who will take more chances and help in the set up, as we were carrying Sam, Kieran and Wesley.

but we can’t expect to sign proven good strikers that aren’t either from a B league, too old or too inexperienced - I think that’s the reality of where we are fishing and we have to just hope that we find a bargain again like SGM Or someone like Tammy works out.

Agreed.
I think we are in agreement though that we need a striker or two who will take more chances and help in the set up, as we were carrying Sam, Kieran and Wesley.

but we can’t expect to sign proven good strikers that aren’t either from a B league, too old or too inexperienced - I think that’s the reality of where we are fishing and we have to just hope that we find a bargain again like SGM Or someone like Tammy works out.

I was thinking Liverpools CF scored about 9 goals Their two wide players scored 20 each, you can end up relying on one player, give me 3 who score 10 each over one who gets 20 any day.
For all, we know Dean might genuinely think Wesley is the deal and is looking at Watkins and Benrahma to play either side of him.

we've all assumed he's after a CF

Ormondroyd was technically a winger... :lol:
Big Tony was well before my time.... Although I did think about adding Andy Lochead and Keith Leonard (deserves to be included just for whacking Bob Wilson)

It was Sammy Morgan that whacked Bob Wilson. What a night that was when we got them back at VP. He was absolutely shitting himself in front of a fired up Holte End.

We shou

We should have bought Sherringham from Millwall instead.
Case of mistaken identity.... Sir Graham: I want that Millwall lad, Sheringham. Doug: Yes, no problem we'll get the lad from Millwall, Cascarino. Sir Graham: No, Sheringham. Doug: Right then, Cascarino it is....

If Benrahma is "aiming too high" then we may as well give up. Was Dan Bardell saying that? Utter nonsense,

Yeah it was with Gregg Evans had some good talking point regarding our current players but some of the names were very negative and a backwards step

The one thing I do notice about Tammy, last season with us and this one at Chelsea, is the amount of times he comes off injured. He’s from the Matt Targett school of pain management.

Tallest winger I ever saw. Do you remember the Kick off when we had Ormandroyd? Straight onto his head on the left wing.

graham Taylor said he wasn’t very good at heading. He pee’d Coventry off a treat I remember. Hately was useless with his feet, brilliant at heading but also took the penalties. Go figure!