Brexit rolls on... | Page 36 | Vital Football

Brexit rolls on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, if you read up on it the loss of the EHIC cards makes quite a lot of difference.

But you can't have it both ways. You can't cry that we haven't seen the positive effects yet because we haven't left, while dismissing the negative effects as having not happened when the same reasoning applies.

I dismiss nearly all effects, because we only have BRINO at the moment. It's not me that trawls through the internet looking for bad news which is blamed on Brexit though . Even better are the people who trawl through looking for forecasts which they assume are reality. We have no idea if a deal will be reached or not. Almost certain some sort of deal will be signed, even if it's only partial agreements. This could be done any time. The world doesn't finish on the 31st December.

I don't need to read up on the EHIC cards. They are funded by the UK government. Entirely up to the UK government whether or not they want to carry on funding them. Might add £20 onto an insurance policy, but we already pay for it. I've never actually used mine, despite going abroad at least twice a year for most years during their existence. Many people aren't even aware that they exist.

I guess people who live in the Eu might be affected more, but basically the UK taxpayers are subsiding people who have decided to leave the UK, who are probably not paying taxes and NI here.

Last edited:
I dismiss nearly all effects, because we only have BRINO at the moment. It's not me that trawls through the internet looking for bad news which is blamed on Brexit though . Even better are the people who trawl through looking for forecasts which they assume are reality. We have no idea if a deal will be reached or not. Almost certain some sort of deal will be signed, even if it's only partial agreements. This could be done any time. The world doesn't finish on the 31st December.

I don't need to read up on the EHIC cards. They are funded by the UK government. Entirely up to the UK government whether or not they want to carry on funding them. Might add £20 onto an insurance policy, but we already pay for it. I've never actually used mine, despite going abroad at least twice a year for most years during their existence. Many people aren't even aware that they exist.

I guess people who live in the Eu might be affected more, but basically the UK taxpayers are subsiding people who have decided to leave the UK, who are probably not paying taxes and NI here.
EHIC cards are all funded by their native governments, but that is neither here nor there. EHIC cards are ending; the official government guidance says as much.

It may well not be £20 on your travel insurance (which you didn't really need with EHIC cards anyway); again, the official government guidance warns that most travel insurance will not cover pre-existing conditions.

My grandfather, who has asbestosis, has been free to visit Europe on his EHIC card. When he wanted to go to the USA, travel insurance quoted him £1800. That is what you are going to face.

Love the arrogance though "I don't need to read up on EHIC cards, I already know everything" when you seem to know bugger all. That's Brexit in a nutshell

EHIC cards are all funded by their native governments, but that is neither here nor there. EHIC cards are ending; the official government guidance says as much.

It may well not be £20 on your travel insurance (which you didn't really need with EHIC cards anyway); again, the official government guidance warns that most travel insurance will not cover pre-existing conditions.

My grandfather, who has asbestosis, has been free to visit Europe on his EHIC card. When he wanted to go to the USA, travel insurance quoted him £1800. That is what you are going to face.

Love the arrogance though "I don't need to read up on EHIC cards, I already know everything" when you seem to know bugger all. That's Brexit in a nutshell

The EHIC cards are funded by the UK government, and are nothing to do with the EU. You are verging on the insults again, why not just stick to the debate . I don't know everything about them, but they are not paid for by the EU. The UK government is free to carry on paying for them or not. Presumably they have decided not to fund them. That is up to the UK government.

Anyone with any sense takes out insurance anyway. Previous conditions can be covered as you've already said. EHIC cards make no difference in going to the US which is the most expensive medical place anyway. Like most older people, I have conditions that I pay extra for. I'm free to choose if I pay for them or not go.

Anyone who goes abroad with an EHIC card and no insurance is being misled. I don't expect the UK taxpayer/NHS to subsidise my holidays. EHIC cards only offer cover at the basic level in the appropriate EU country, so don't necessarily cover pre-existing conditions anyway. Some EU countries (Spain etc) don't even seem to stick to the rules on them either.

Last edited:
The EHIC cards are funded by the UK government, and are nothing to do with the EU. You are verging on the insults again, why not just stick to the debate . I don't know everything about them, but they are not paid for by the EU. The UK government is free to carry on paying for them or not. Presumably they have decided not to fund them. That is up to the UK government.

Anyone with any sense takes out insurance anyway. Previous conditions can be covered as you've already said. EHIC cards make no difference in going to the US which is the most expensive medical place anyway. Like most older people, I have conditions that I pay extra for. I'm free to choose if I pay for them or not go.

Anyone who goes abroad with an EHIC card and no insurance is being misled. I don't expect the UK taxpayer/NHS to subsidise my holidays.
You are just repeating yourself, and as usual not taking on board anything that is said to you.

You wonder why people such as myself or Mao have so little patience with you? Beyond the callousness of your posting, it's your absolute dogged refusal to listen to anything that is said to you; to persist in an argument that has been factually disproved. No one says you have to agree with opinion; but when someone presents facts that refute your viewpoint and you just ignore them as if they don't exist, it is little wonder people get annoyed

Yes, the EHIC card is paid for by member government's, that is not in dispute. But what is also not in dispute is that they will no longer operate after 31st December. The government is NOT free to carry on paying for them; they are a reciprocal agreement between the UK and the EU; one of many that are part of the package of treaties the UK is failing to agree because they believe people like you are more important to them than people like me, and because they believe people like you want no deal.

The EU are clear that they will not make little deals on individual issues with the UK, which they see as cherry picking the best parts of membership without the responsibilities. That is their prerogative. We are not in the position to dictate terms that you were told (lied to) that we would be in by Brexiteers in 2016.

If you don't believe me, look at the government website https://www.gov.uk/visit-europe-1-january-2021

Or this article on the BBC https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44850972

You no doubt expect the British taxpayer to subsidise your healthcare needs, and rightly so. The EHIC cards simply extends that abroad in the EU, so that is a silly argument.

The government website, if you care to read it, specifically warns that pre existing conditions are not covered by most travel insurance. I gave you an example from my family which you callously dismissed. I assume you do not have any pre existing conditions or you would be singing a different tune I suspect, but if you do have any you will find insurance to travel to Europe will now cost considerably more; possibly hundreds more. You possibly don't give a toss if it doesn't affect you, but there it is; another price others will have to pay for what you want in principle

Who has ever said anything about foreigners going home ?

Erm you did. People at the bottom, impact on wages and accommodation. By your logic brexit would be a success if wahes for the low paid rose and there was more/cheaper accommodation.

If this does not happen, what the fuck was the point of brexit?

Brexit is a right wing ideological plan and has nothing to do with raising wages or providing more housing.

Not entirely sure what you're saying on this. We are still under EU rules and the EHIC cards are still valid. We have been through this before . They are financed by the UK not the EU. Anyone with any sense has to buy insurance anyway, so makes little diifference. Certainly doesn't stop you going anywhere. Costs the NHS a small fortune. £674 million in 2015.

https://fullfact.org/health/how-much-does-uk-recover-health-costs-eu/

How much is that? About two tory contracts to their mates?

I might have agreed with you about a deal even 6months ago but the more info that comes out, the more clear it is that no deal seems to be target, along with all the miserable impact that will bring.

I'm glad you've found your own special people

Yes people who are compassionate and care about other people and the country and want a better society for all

You should try it one day

It's a good feeling

Anyway enjoy the Tory Wonderland you have helped perpetuate

Own it

Erm you did. People at the bottom, impact on wages and accommodation. By your logic brexit would be a success if wahes for the low paid rose and there was more/cheaper accommodation.

If this does not happen, what the fuck was the point of brexit?

Brexit is a right wing ideological plan and has nothing to do with raising wages or providing more housing.

Find me a quote where I have asked for anyone to be sent home ? There is a difference between that and future migration. Nearly 300,000 EU citizens NETT were migrating to the UK at it's peak. That requires the building of a city nearly the size of Nottingham every year to house them. England is the most densely populated country of any size in the EU (slightly less than Malta). We clearly can't just keep expanding our population.

The centrists absolutely gave these arseholes the platform to do this

Bullies

Hope you are proud of yourselves

Now trying to wash your hands of it

Nothing to do with me Guv..honest

I was just following orders

The same as Germany for WW2

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1596881496258.jpg
    FB_IMG_1596881496258.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1
You joined

You fucked it up

You ran for the hills

Own it

Nope I went back to a promise of a left party being a left party

But you Murdoch right wing press stooges wanted your Tory masters to carry on filling their troughs at our expense and you enabled it like good little bitches do

Own it

The centrists absolutely gave these arseholes the platform to do this

Bullies

Hope you are proud of yourselves

Now trying to wash your hands of it

Nothing to do with me Guv..honest

I was just following orders

The same as Germany for WW2

Your comparison to the defence of concentration camp murderers at Nuremberg is actually quite sickening- not the first time you have made distasteful and ridiculous comparisons to the holocaust

“Given that Labour was less than 2,500 votes in key seats away from forming a government, having won 40 per cent of the popular vote, it’s not impossible that Jeremy Corbyn might now be in his third year as a Labour prime minister were it not for the unauthorised, unilateral action taken by a handful of senior party officials in 2017.”

Oh yes.
The submission from Jeremy Corbyn and his former leadership team to Labour’s internal inquiry into the party sabotage leaks is DAMNING.

It has accused Labour officials of trying to sabotage the party’s 2017 general election campaign out of factional hostility to his leadership.

There it is. That is the core of what the left have been saying for almost five years. Finally confirmed by Corbyn.

The submission says “there is clear evidence of factional activity by senior paid employees of the party against the elected leadership of the time” as well as “apparent sabotage” during the election period.

The evidence includes emails and WhatsApp conversations between party staffers, often including the former General Secretary of the Labour Party.

The leaked internal communications detail - at length - senior staffers expressing misery and disappointed when Labour did better than expected in the election or in polls. Some Labour staffers said explicitly that they had been working against a good result for the party.

They also show officials telling eachother to keep certain activities - including moving campaigning funds and resources to safe centrist seats instead of key marginal seats - secret from the leadership and its allies and Labour Party officials.

“Many of us experienced the daily hostility and obstruction towards Jeremy, his office and members of the shadow cabinet and the frequent leaking and hostile briefing to the media,” the statement says, adding that “some of us will provide examples of these in our individual submissions”.

In 2016 hostile MPs tried to replace Mr Corbyn as party leader in a so-called “coup”, but he was re-elected with a bigger majority in a second leadership contest.

Names alongside Corbyn’s on the submission include John McDonnell, and senior aides Andrew Fisher, Karie Murphy, and Seumas Milne.

Other than factional hostility, the leaked dossier that kicked off this inquiry claimed a toxic culture had developed at the party’s head office that included racist, sexist and violent language. It also claimed that factional hostility made it harder to deal with antisemitism in the party, due to staffers trying to exacerbate the issue by burying complaints, which would later be used to accuse the party of being ‘slow to act’ on antisemitism.

That claim kicked off the Change UK split and celebrity involvement that kept Labour and Antisemitism in the news for the next two years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...17-general-election-theresa-may-a9660511.html

Status
Not open for further replies.