Good Morning Thread | Page 114 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

All/only Electric cars, as well as being pricey, where is all this Electricity we are going to need to run them going to come from, as it is apparently we haven't enough power stations for normal use let alone sparky cars, for me the Hybid petrol/electric is the future.

Forgive me all you greenies but I run and love my 5.7ltre magnum V8 engined vehicle, it is 99% of time run on high octane LPG, no emissions lol! only uses petrol to start the engine, runs for 2mins then converts.
So what beast of a car is this Pompey or have you just got the engine mounted on a box-cart like one of Wesley’s creations in Last of the Summer Wine?

So what beast of a car is this Pompey or have you just got the engine mounted on a box-cart like one of Wesley’s creations in Last of the Summer Wine?
Not quite a car Harry, it is a Dodge Ram 1500 "Daytona" Pick up truck, they only built approx 6000+ of them in 2005, 2 different models..single cab or double cab, 2 colours Silverine or GoMango/Copper, to commemorate Dodge winning the Daytona Grand Prix using a Charger some 50 years prior, and as at the time they were not building/selling Chargers they decided to do the dedication using their famous Dodge Ram 1500.

Everything about it is upgraded from the normal Ram 1500, the Laramie, though same shape, more powerful engine, bigger wheels, extra gears in the auto box, there are far to many more differences to mention.

I bought it/imported it from Canada in Jan 2006, it goes like shit of a shovel and a real head turner. Mrs PY reckons it comes before her lol! She has no idea lol!

I know Steve...I thought yesterday I’d explore going green with the E-Golf...found out that it will be discontinued next year for the VW ID4 which will be their built from the ground up electric “ car for the people” (don’t mention the war)...well those people must be vey different from my people given that they expect it to cost £40,000 for the basic model....for anywhere near that price I would expect it to provide electricity to heat my house through the winter rather than me having to plug it in to feed it.
They're a niche product but prices are somewhat silly at the moment. Had a look at the Honda E which is absolutely gorgeous but it's no bigger than a Fiat 500 & they're going for 32K. Savings on running costs & tax do help soften the blow somewhat but even still...

Not quite a car Harry, it is a Dodge Ram 1500 "Daytona" Pick up truck, they only built approx 6000+ of them in 2005, 2 different models..single cab or double cab, 2 colours Silverine or GoMango/Copper, to commemorate Dodge winning the Daytona Grand Prix using a Charger some 50 years prior, and as at the time they were not building/selling Chargers they decided to do the dedication using their famous Dodge Ram 1500.

Everything about it is upgraded from the normal Ram 1500, the Laramie, though same shape, more powerful engine, bigger wheels, extra gears in the auto box, there are far to many more differences to mention.

I bought it/imported it from Canada in Jan 2006, it goes like shit of a shovel and a real head turner. Mrs PY reckons it comes before her lol! She has no idea lol!
That made me laugh Pompey....is it left hand drive?

Morning all ,,. It’s Saturday again so I’m doing nuffink again . Woke up really hot , not a bit of breeze ,
I love reading the Saturday papers , not quite the same , out of season , but normally a good read to be found somewhere .
I normally have a stroll and buy the Mail , and get a magazine for my wife ,
Also try and do the cryptic crossword , sometimes it’s ok but other times they must have a different compiler because I can’t work out the answer even when I cheat and go online, and find the answer on there .
Thank you for your kind words yesterday regarding my wife . The reversal operation isnt a simple thing but it does make life normal again . Some people never get the chance of a reversal . Some people have the reversal and can’t get on with it and go back to the stoma. It’s not a gimme . We will just have to see what happens .
The good news is that she has that option and a chance to get back to normal .
I just take my hat off to those surgeons .
hope you are all well , keep safe don’t get caught offside .

That made me laugh Pompey....is it left hand drive?
Morning Harry, most certainly, only time I get a problem when driving is if I get to close behind a high sided vehicle Ie a HGV and some of the larger vans, so do not do it, though because of height off the road I can see over the top of all cars, mind because of the size of my Dodge parking in a car park can be fun!

My dodge is 18ft long x 6ft wide, similar size to the larger Merc Vans, its a double cab thus 6 people, 3 in front 3 in back.

Morning all ,,. It’s Saturday again so I’m doing nuffink again . Woke up really hot , not a bit of breeze ,
I love reading the Saturday papers , not quite the same , out of season , but normally a good read to be found somewhere .
I normally have a stroll and buy the Mail , and get a magazine for my wife ,
Also try and do the cryptic crossword , sometimes it’s ok but other times they must have a different compiler because I can’t work out the answer even when I cheat and go online, and find the answer on there .
Thank you for your kind words yesterday regarding my wife . The reversal operation isnt a simple thing but it does make life normal again . Some people never get the chance of a reversal . Some people have the reversal and can’t get on with it and go back to the stoma. It’s not a gimme . We will just have to see what happens .
All the best to you and Mrs Walt mate, from me and Mrs PY.

You mentioned cryptic crosswords, I try and complete the crossies, cryptic, in the Local Evening News and Daily Express everyday, sometimes successful, not often, and have the same as you when I cheat, I cannot see where they come from, and it is true they do use different compilers.

Keep keeping safe and use your own mind.

The Daily Mail is as a middle-class paper right of centre, politically. It tends towards sensationalism and a good Daily Mail article seems to always leave you hating something new FFS. luring readers with an over-the-top headline.
The paper divides opinion IMO. Is it a proud defender of the views of the silent majority, or curtain-twitching small-mindedness. Which one are you Walt?

I do not read it personally...........in fact I steer away from most newspapers because generally they no longer in the main report factually or without bias.

And i hate crosswrods etc. I prefer kind words.:loser:

. The reversal operation isnt a simple thing but it does make life normal again . Some people never get the chance of a reversal . Some people have the reversal and can’t get on with it and go back to the stoma. It’s not a gimme . We will just have to see what happens .

That's great news, I had a Stoma reversal in 2018, took a while to feel normal again after the operation but I'm so happy the bag has gone. I'm involved in a Diverticulitis group and so many patients miss the routine of having a bag for the first few months, personally I couldn't wait for the reversal.

That's great news, I had a Stoma reversal in 2018, took a while to feel normal again after the operation but I'm so happy the bag has gone. I'm involved in a Diverticulitis group and so many patients miss the routine of having a bag for the first few months, personally I couldn't wait for the reversal.
Well done . It is a funny thing to say that some miss the bag , I couldn’t think of anything more horrible . My wife had definitely grown attached to it , no pun intended ! . She knows at the moment it is saving her life .
It is absolutely amazing to know how many people are walking around with a stoma bag . It’s an astronomical amount . I think I read one in five hundred but don’t quote me on that.
Im really pleased for you .
good luck for your future health , I really mean that .

The Daily Mail is as a middle-class paper right of centre, politically. It tends towards sensationalism and a good Daily Mail article seems to always leave you hating something new FFS. luring readers with an over-the-top headline.
The paper divides opinion IMO. Is it a proud defender of the views of the silent majority, or curtain-twitching small-mindedness. Which one are you Walt?

I do not read it personally...........in fact I steer away from most newspapers because generally they no longer in the main report factually or without bias.

And i hate crosswrods etc. I prefer kind words.:loser:
I don’t actually read papers at all if I can be honest . Never buy one apart from Saturday mornings and I buy the Mail then because I like the football section during a NORMAL season .
My mother in law gets the Mail and I like doing or trying to do the cryptic crosswords . She cuts them out and saves them for us .
To answer your question Greavsie , I think I am a curtain twitching silent majoryist but my opinions are divided on that !
my grandad, bless him , always said, only believe half of what you see and nothing of what you read . I don’t think he was far wrong . The day a newspaper started printing their opinions was a bad day indeed . When they now print the opinions of morons I just give up . May , might , could , maybe , have no place in a paper for me .

Well done . It is a funny thing to say that some miss the bag , I couldn’t think of anything more horrible . My wife had definitely grown attached to it , no pun intended ! . She knows at the moment it is saving her life .
It is absolutely amazing to know how many people are walking around with a stoma bag . It’s an astronomical amount . I think I read one in five hundred but don’t quote me on that.
Im really pleased for you .
good luck for your future health , I really mean that .

Thanks bud, I too was completely oblivious to them until I woke up in a hospital HCU needing one. I had no time to consider the hassle and embarrassing nature of it.

It's one of those ailments that is difficult to bring up on convo so people who have them fitted tend to keep it to themselves as many others feel uncomfortable discussing it. If it was sciatica or a broken ankle then it tends to get discussed all the time.

Kindest regards to you and your wife, and best wishes for her reversal and speedy recovery.

Morning all ,
Well , we had the results of my wife’s recent examinations and they are all good . The operation was a complete success and she has been placed onto the waiting list to reverse the stoma . That is , to rejoin the large and small intestines and get her back to a normal way of life without having a bag attached to her .
this is brilliant news . They haven’t given us a date yet , but the fact that everything has healed up inside is a big step in the right direction .
after her initial operation , they took biopsies which showed an all clear situation , but she still has to go through follow up investigations this January, which will be a year , then a two year investigation and a five year one .
To say she and I are delighted is an understatement . She has done so well , how she copes I don’t know . She says she has no choice , which is correct of course.
her lockdown has been since January .
We just have to be patient now .
Hope you are all well safe and secure , don’t let the side down , we don’t want substitutes at any stage.
new signings are always welcome though!

This is excellent news. I'm so chuffed for her and yourself. All the best to you both!

I hope everyone else is doing well on this nut-sweatingly-hot day. We're trying to keep the puppy as cool as possible. He's a pug, who struggle to regular their temps if you don't know the breed too well, but he seems in a better state than us! Regretting letting this lockdown weight get a little out of control now.

Pugs are great fun. I have a few Pugs I walk on my business. The boys can be very naughty. :ROFLMAO:

Pugs are great fun. I have a few Pugs I walk on my business. The boys can be very naughty. :ROFLMAO:

He's been a laugh a minute mate. The positive impact he has already had on our family is huge. He is the perfect balance of sweet nature and git. If a dog doesnt have at least a bit of git in em, then where is the fun! :LOL: