The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 90 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

For me
Heaton [if fit], Mings, Konsa, Freddy/Elmo
Grealish, Luiz, McGinn
can start
Meaning we need 4 first team players
Our other first team players from this year would make a much improved bench
I think Wesley, Sam & Davis need to go out on loan, if no Championship clubs want them the SPL would give them a good goal scoring morale boost.
If neither Heaton nor Steer are likely to be fit then Foster or Krul could do a job until we can prise the Newcastle keeper away.

Watkins, Origi/Edouard/Dembele & Eze could be got for £80million and would be a great forward line with pace, strength and goals in it.

I'd love a dominant midfielder for £40-50 million but a cheaper veteran would do for now, is Yaya Toure still fit enough to play [presumably not]
and surely we could get a left back for £10 million [Sessegnon on loan?]

Abraham scored far more goals than Giroud this season. Not sure why Lampard preferred Giroud more in the last few games, but Abraham certainly didn't do much wrong.
Giroud is underrated he’s a seriously consistent premier league player. I think Tammy is a bit hit and miss but with regular game time and with less pressure from the ruthless culture at Chelsea he could shine for us like Lukaku did for Everton once he left Chelsea (another player to add your list of Chelsea “rejects”)

Listening to the 1874 podcast, saying we are aiming too high with players like Benrahama and Tammy, saying realistically we won't get them and should be aiming for player like Loftus cheek and Eze.

They were talking 50-60mil for Tammy and 30-40mil for Benrahama

Listening to the 1874 podcast, saying we are aiming too high with players like Benrahama and Tammy, saying realistically we won't get them and should be aiming for player like Loftus cheek and Eze.

If Benrahma is "aiming too high" then we may as well give up. Was Dan Bardell saying that? Utter nonsense,

Unfortunately those prices are probably about right. That’s the market right now.

With £100m budget (take with a pinch of salt) we need 4 players by my estimation. If you don’t consider Benrahma good enough then also consider that we’re potentially going to be priced out of a move for him anyway...

I could suggest looking in European markets for something more affordable but i suspect that won’t be a popular option. Can’t have it all gents.

why would Chelsea want that much if he's that good they'd keep him surely? and you could probably buy Brentford football club for 40m

If those prices are anywhere near accurate it just shows how over priced players in England are. 50m for Tammy who has had 1 good season in the Premier league. Chelsea just signed an experienced international centre forward who has been regularly playing and scoring in Europe for the past 4 years for the same amount. 30m for a player who has never played above championship level.

Exactly, any signings will come out of the blue like the Craig Shakespeare thing.
In the shirt on at BMH is the first we'll know and the fee will be disclosed by Villa, it's the way we roll

100%. How many of the ITK geniuses be they Internet wannabes or supposedly "proper" journalists saw the Wesley deal coming? We'd been linked with every player under the sun then boom, someone never mentioned comes in. I try not to take anything too seriously till they're holding a Villa shirt up at a press conference.

He really won't.
180 goals in the next 450+ games? He's reached a level of consistent premier league goalscoring at an earlier age than Kane did and it won't be a struggle for Kane. Of course he could move abroad like all other young english players seem to be doing these days.

180 goals in the next 450+ games? He's reached a level of consistent premier league goalscoring at an earlier age than Kane did and it won't be a struggle for Kane. Of course he could move abroad like all other young english players seem to be doing these days.
Much better strikers than Abraham have not hit that mark after spending their entire careers at this level.

With £100m budget (take with a pinch of salt) we need 4 players by my estimation. If you don’t consider Benrahma good enough then also consider that we’re potentially going to be priced out of a move for him anyway...
1@ £40m
1@ £30m
2@ £15m

*If* we can convince them to come.

Much better strikers than Abraham have not hit that mark after spending their entire careers at this level.
He's an incredible professional and he has reached a consistent level earlier than most. I think he's on course judging on his current trajectory.