Possible Summer Transfer Targets | Page 11 | Vital Football

Possible Summer Transfer Targets

I wonder if Mr McCabe got blamed when our club agreed to sell the late gr8 Jimmy Hagan to the oinkers? :innocent: UTMPB

Yes, I'm afraid he showed very bad judgement for a two year old. Fancy not turning down a British record transfer fee, and that for a 33 year old!
We should have realised then that it would all end in tears, some 60 plus years thereafter.

To be able to laugh at oneself is a sign of strength, Chippy.
Let them all laugh - and (hopefully) we will have the last one.
But to say, "I'm not having a go" then to have a go doesn't see self-deprecating
at all, sorry if you don't agree, must be me then.

Just you. If you can't laugh at yourself or criticise yourself you're a deluded fool. (Not aimed at you).
Deluded? You mean we are supposed to laugh when we have been hurting in the past? Not me, it does make you stronger all this adversity but never made me laugh SBT, never.

What sets us apart from that lot at S6 is our ability to laugh at ourselves. Come on theres been enough comedy gold over the years from the club getting rid of the player in my avatar because he had an affair with the women who looked after the horses despite us winning our only ever league title to Sam/Samantha/ Hashimi the first transgender club chairman.

For years when I met people in business, I always answered the question "Do you follow football" with "No I support Sheffield United". I then proceeded to reel off all our firsts, failures at play offs barking mad owners who gave players away for nothing or disappeared and were hunted by Interpol. It made for entertaining conversation and opened up a few doors business wise as everyone wondered why I bothered. They mainly being CEO's or QC's who were exclusively Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal.

Contrast that with few Pigs I came across who would drone on about how they were bigger than Real Madrid and how they had a worldwide fan base. How match fixing and the Hillsborough Disaster were all conspiracy theories designed to undermine their greatness blah blah. They embarrassed themselves with their delusion and learnt very quickly to avoid talking about football in esteemed company.

To be able to laugh at oneself is a sign of strength, Chippy.
Let them all laugh - and (hopefully) we will have the last one.
You are far too wise to be posting on here Bigglenaldo but i'm glad you are on here mi owd pal.:yes: UTMPB

What sets us apart from that lot at S6 is our ability to laugh at ourselves. Come on theres been enough comedy gold over the years from the club getting rid of the player in my avatar because he had an affair with the women who looked after the horses despite us winning our only ever league title to Sam/Samantha/ Hashimi the first transgender club chairman.

For years when I met people in business, I always answered the question "Do you follow football" with "No I support Sheffield United". I then proceeded to reel off all our firsts, failures at play offs barking mad owners who gave players away for nothing or disappeared and were hunted by Interpol. It made for entertaining conversation and opened up a few doors business wise as everyone wondered why I bothered. They mainly being CEO's or QC's who were exclusively Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal.

Contrast that with few Pigs I came across who would drone on about how they were bigger than Real Madrid and how they had a worldwide fan base. How match fixing and the Hillsborough Disaster were all conspiracy theories designed to undermine their greatness blah blah. They embarrassed themselves with their delusion and learnt very quickly to avoid talking about football in esteemed company.

Absolutely 100% spot on.

At least 8 clubs interested in Conor Gallagher apparently.

Newcastle, Palace and West Ham mentioned.

But we have to be one of them.

Jhon Cordoba - 27 y/o Colombian CF now linked with us along with Everton and Wolves, and surely more are interested. Has one year left on his contract so may be more attainable than I thought. He's a real unit and a brilliant athlete, very powerful. Hardworking too. He's led the line for a very limited Koln team all season and scored 13 goals. He's the sort who could replace McBurnie or play alongside him, or any of our strikers. Might cost £10-15m.

He goes right to the top of my list for CFs alongside Guirassy.

Lazio have offered 18m euros for Vedat Muriqi.

That would be terrific value.

He's very near the top of the list too. Though I'd like us to sign some pace in addition to him (he's much more mobile than McBurnie though).

Jhon Cordoba - 27 y/o Colombian CF now linked with us along with Everton and Wolves, and surely more are interested. Has one year left on his contract so may be more attainable than I thought. He's a real unit and a brilliant athlete, very powerful. Hardworking too. He's led the line for a very limited Koln team all season and scored 13 goals. He's the sort who could replace McBurnie or play alongside him, or any of our strikers. Might cost £10-15m.

He goes right to the top of my list for CFs alongside Guirassy.

Praying for a move to Bramall Lane

1597050760686.png