Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation | Page 20 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation

all the best to them both. will boz and eardley take burton higher than their last season's position [12th]?

for lcfc, as always, it is hard to judge the loss of two players that took us to top of the bottom 8 in league one, until we can judge the strength of their replacements.
hopefully, if appleton is aiming to progress into the middle 8 of the league [or higher] we have technically better and quicker arriving. will we be improving on the boz/eardley level of experience though?

in any case, i hope we bring in a second player that can compete with, and push lewis for the right back spot.

Why on earth would any player sign for Swindon at the moment? Battles in the High Court, current injunctions, criticism from the judges over the conduct of the chairman, disputes over the ownership of the club, a chairman who is desperate to sell but isn't allowed to, a chairman who wanted to put the club into administration but isn't allowed to, and an FA investigation into alleged breaches of the ownership rules that may result in major sanctions (a points deduction or even another demotion are possible). Three key players have already rejected contract offers and have left, while discussions are ongoing with five others. I hope Payne, Pett and Chapman do their homework before making any decisions.

Wish Bossie all the very best and he'll get a massive standing ovation at the Bank if we are allowed in. Good business by Burton, but we've moved on now and the defence will be younger and more athletic come next month

If Payne decides to go to Swindon I wouldn't expect there to be a fee for us, but more of a wage saving. Similar deal we did with MK for McCandless last week, which might become more of the norm now
Very good point. We got him for nothing, and it would be daft to hold out for a fee when we (presumably) aren't intending to use him anyway and can reinvest his wage in a player Appleton does want to use.

Bozzie & Eards were both excellent for us but I reckon sooner or later age will catch up with them both so I can see why we didn't make a bigger effort to keep them. Good luck to them both as long as there not playing against us. I dare say we can get quality younger players for what they were earning which in the long run is better, makes you wonder how Burton are able to afford them though, it could prove costly like Freck did for us.

Shame to see Eardley and Bostwick leave. Both excellent professionals who have given to the The Imps cause in a big way. However, neither would have been very cheap and neither getting any younger so maybe time to move on. I for one would give them an excellent reception upon their return to Sincil Bank.

If Payne decides to go to Swindon I wouldn't expect there to be a fee for us, but more of a wage saving. Similar deal we did with MK for McCandless last week, which might become more of the norm now

If we could get Payne off the wage bill we good bring in two decent squad players for that. Hope we dont have to pay him something to go !

Weren't Burton pleading poverty not so long ago and now they're sign two of higher earners, hmm
Good luck to both but are over 30 and Bostwick does have a dodgy back hence missing quite a few games for us last season.

Weren't Burton pleading poverty not so long ago and now they're sign two of higher earners, hmm
Good luck to both but are over 30 and Bostwick does have a dodgy back hence missing quite a few games for us last season.
No guarantee that they are still high earners. Fair commute for both, but they might just be happy to get fixed up.

Pleased Bossi has found somewhere, will be a bit different playing in front of 2500 rather than 8500 when spectators are invited in. Wonder if we offered him anything.

Well and truly cleared the decks if Payne and Coker are leaving.

Incredibly light so anticipating a busy 2/3 weeks with incomings. Would expect 6/7 if we wish to be competitive.

Squad wise we look ‘nice’ at the moment.