Cowleys sacked | Page 5 | Vital Football

Cowleys sacked

I do wonder as well if Middlesbrough might be an option. Pretty sure Warnock was until the end of the season and distance wise not much between North and South Yorkshire from Lincoln

A rumour doing the rounds, is that the Cowleys had already been talking to Bristol City and this may have hastened their departure.

Anyone with a brain can see what they have achieved at Huddersfield, so it should not affect their reputation adversely. Complaints from a small minority of Huddersfield fans about their style of play are no more than background noise: the reality was simply about survival, and they did that with a game to spare with a victory over a side that will probably be in the Premier League next season. Not bad at all. So why would any club not then give them the opportunity to build their own side?

I think Ipswich might be a good shout. They will have received some decent compensation from HTFC so may not demand huge wages. Close to Essex and, potential to be a big club. Wouldn't be surprised if they turn up there

The write up on the BBC says that Huddersfield are "not seeking applications" for the position. Make of that what you will.

With regard to compensation it may just be that the amount will depend upon whether they take on another job. You do hear of sacked managers still being paid weekly/monthly by clubs after their release rather than one large payout. That might affect their thinking about what jobs to take rather than just the first offer that came along

10 months ago:

“From the outset, David Webb and I knew how important this next appointment is for the Club. We undertook a very detailed and thorough process to identify the right person to lead the First Team forward, first outlining the qualities we were looking for in the right candidate and then establishing which managers matched them.

“Our research, due diligence and work resulted in a shortlist of four candidates, and Danny Cowley was number one. His track record is there for all to see – he has led his previous teams to five promotions and several cup successes – and our character references revealed a man who is one of the most detailed managers around; meticulous in his preparation, and highly regarded by his peers.

“Having approached Lincoln City and gained permission to speak to the Cowleys, they initially decided they wanted to continue the superb job they had done at that club and turned down the opportunity to discuss our job. At that stage we could have easily pursued one of the other options we had identified – all of which are fine managers – but David and I felt it was important to try and persuade them to talk to us. We firmly believed that they were the best men to take us forward, and we didn’t want to give up on them.

“Our persistence paid off and when we spoke, there was an obvious chemistry. They believe in the way we operate as a Club and it affirmed that they would be a superb fit for us. As such, I’m delighted that they are joining us.”

https://www.htafc.com/news/2019/september/danny-cowley-appointed-manager/

To this today:

“However, we have made this decision in the belief that, in the long term, it is in the best interests of the Club as we move forward. We have a different vision for the way we operate the Club, and how our ambitions can be achieved.”

Great due diligence!! Someone has obviously changed the goalposts somewhere

The fact that Huddersfield have a replacement already lined up may indicate that this has nothing to do with Bristol City, unless that has been going on for a few weeks too.

No point in Danny and Nicky coming back here. We have a plan on how to progress as a club and the club believe they've found the right man to implement it, this is light years away from any previous time a successful manager has left the club. Changing the plan now would be disastrous, we need to consolidate in this league, develop some talent and get a reputation for developing it in the higher leagues and more than anything we desperately need continuity at all levels of the club to carry it out. We successfully kept the likes of Jez George when Danny and Nicky left and now we need that continuity managing the first and youth teams to implement the plan successfully.

You know occasionally you get that feeling of you have heard and experienced lots of ludicrous things in football, and nothing will ever beat it, but something then does.....

I am having one of those moments right now.....I am astonished at them getting the chop from Huddersfield. They achieved a huge amount there in keeping them in The Championship against the odds.
As for the Ipswich job, people need to remember they do have a manager at the moment....albeit an unpopular one, however I think they would be a good fit at Portman Road.

As we all know Danny is fantastic when things are going his way.
When they aren't I doubt he is easy to work with.
He was complaining about various things at Huddersfield as he was here before he left.
The idea he was sacked because he was considering the Bristol City job sounds like nonsense. The last thing you would do is sack someone if another club might pay you compensation.

Getting rid of Michael Appleton to allow them to return would be an appalling decision for a variety of reasons, including the fact that the Cowleys probably left us because of our intended change of direction. Appleton is the perfect manager to implement that, the Cowleys are not. We must always look forwards, not back.

Danny and Nicky’s stock is still good they’ll be back in top L1 or lower Championship management in a month or 2
I’d imagine them and us would politely say it was great but no thanks
Uti