The Championship Thread | Page 72 | Vital Football

The Championship Thread

I can see us losing 1-0 to Preston and Stoke. Drawing with Swansea. Can't call the Barnsley game.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if we didn't make the play-offs. It will be our own fault though when you think of all the tossed away points this season.

No wonder, I'm an alcoholic. :rolleyes:

You can see the cost now of the crazy move by JW in the last minute of the Direby game .
We have paid a heavy price for it IMO .

I wouldn't be surprised if it does and I think it would very fitting of a move as idiotic if it was to cost us that.

That comment is not fair. If you're going to post like that you should point out all the mistakes by all of our players over this season.

Have you ever made a mistake or a crazy move? I have.

In the context of the season ....that particular decision with seconds to go has proved extremely costly . There is little time to recover as is now being proven .
The annoying thing is we have continued to toss points away late in games virtually all season .
Lamouchi admitted after the Direby game the players were gutted by that result .
It had an effect on moral etc which was evident in the lacklustre performance against a poor Fulham .
We now have more pressure from the chasing pack .

Surprised to see people praising derby for playing youth like it's was unforced. I guess spunking money left, right and centre and diddling the books for as long as you can had absolutely no reasoning behind it.

I can see us losing 1-0 to Preston and Stoke. Drawing with Swansea. Can't call the Barnsley game.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if we didn't make the play-offs. It will be our own fault though when you think of all the tossed away points this season.

No wonder, I'm an alcoholic. :rolleyes:
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

That comment is not fair. If you're going to post like that you should point out all the mistakes by all of our players over this season.

Have you ever made a mistake or a crazy move? I have.

Constantly and moves that get punished brutally and mercilessly with alarming frequency with the punishment often being vastly disproportionate to the mistake, but I don't think I've ever made a move as crazy as that!

In the context of the season ....that particular decision with seconds to go has proved extremely costly . There is little time to recover as is now being proven .
The annoying thing is we have continued to toss points away late in games virtually all season .
Lamouchi admitted after the Direby game the players were gutted by that result .
It had an effect on moral etc which was evident in the lacklustre performance against a poor Fulham .

This is wrong on every level!

Worrall gave away a needless free kick; Samba was at fault for the goal

We have rescued just as many games with late goals as we have thrown away points by conceding late goals; in the context of a whole season things even themselves out - Pope listed the games recently.

Unfortunately the facts do not suit some peoples narratives but they are going to moan and moan regardless.

We have a whole generation of supporter who has not had the pleasure of seeing the Club play at Wembley; can you imagine what the moaning is going to be like on Tuesday August 4th?

This is wrong on every level!

Worrall gave away a needless free kick; Samba was at fault for the goal

We have rescued just as many games with late goals as we have thrown away points by conceding late goals; in the context of a whole season things even themselves out - Pope listed the games recently.

Unfortunately the facts do not suit some peoples narratives but they are going to moan and moan regardless.

We have a whole generation of supporter who has not had the pleasure of seeing the Club play at Wembley; can you imagine what the moaning is going to be like on Tuesday August 4th?

What happened in August onwards can not be AS relevant as what is happening now IMO .
If we believe that Lamouchi has no confidence in Carvahlo, Bostock and to some extent Dawson ,Jenkinson .
Lolley was not fit to start on Tuesday against Fulham but he was started with no pre determined back up plan .
Heads drop when you concede last minute goals at anytime but in the context of the Direby game the effect was immense mentally and physically .

This side is made up of well paid professional footballers and if they're not used to pressure by now they're in the wrong job. Of course they're gutted at losing and they should know how to get over it, that's part and parcel of their chosen profession.
I'm gutted as well but I'm over it already and waiting for the next game, just like most fans.

It's the business end of the season and even in normal scenarios - the pressure creates mistakes.

Excluding Swansea most results for the chasing pack went our way this week.

All of the 'chasing pack' have an inferior goal difference. Blackburn & Millwall are 10th/11th on 59 points (9 behind us) & hence, need 3 wins and a draw - just get ahead of us now & that's assuming that we don't get another point from 4 games!

Millwall host Blackburn next Tuesday!

Swansea are 7th and 5 points behind us - they play Leeds next and then us, at The City Ground.

Preston 8th & Derby 9th - both 7 points behind us, so they both need 8 points to catch us - again, assuming we don't get another point.

Derby had Sibley get a straight Red last night, joining Waghorn as banned - they host Brentford next, then away at Cardiff (in 6th) and then Leeds.... all of those teams have something to play for....

PNE have us at their place this weekend & then they travel to Brentford.

I do agree, had we not drawn with Derby we'd be more comfortable, but it's up to us now to go out and get results (certainly avoid defeat at PNE) & then, see what everyone else has done.

This genuinely surprised me.

Turns out we are much better at winning points from a losing position than I thought.

We have been behind 19 times. We have gone on to lose ten of those. But we have won 2 and drawn 7, which puts us firmly mid table. Look at Leeds!

Screenshot_20200709-104417_Samsung Internet.jpg

What happened in August onwards can not be AS relevant as what is happening now IMO .
If we believe that Lamouchi has no confidence in Carvahlo, Bostock and to some extent Dawson ,Jenkinson .
Lolley was not fit to start on Tuesday against Fulham but he was started with no pre determined back up plan .
Heads drop when you concede last minute goals at anytime but in the context of the Direby game the effect was immense mentally and physically .

That makes little or no sense!

The points we played for in August are worth exactly the same as the ones we are playing for now.

You might believe that Lamouchi has no confidence in certain players; I do not.

Lamouchi picks is team on how the players are performing in games and on their attitude and application during training; some players have just not contributed enough to warrant a place in the side.

If it was down to a lack of confidence I doubt the players would even make it on the the bench in the first place.

What evidence do you have that Lolley was not fit to start on Tuesday?

And I would guess that having managed to finish the game with 11 players suggests that we did have a back up plan.

And what is this gibberish about the mental and physical impact of conceding a last minute goal in the previous game?

Do you honestly think that tier 2 professional footballers go into games concerned about what happened in the previous game and are not focused on what they should be doing?

Where did you get that from because there was absolutely no evidence of that on Tuesday?

It sounds like the mind numbingly stupid garbage you would pick up from an online do it yourself psychoanalysis site.