Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread Sunday 5th July KO 16:30 | Page 19 | Vital Football

Liverpool v Aston Villa Match Thread Sunday 5th July KO 16:30

And the perfect recipe continues - always concede and never score - or even look like it - what was it - one El Ghazi shot saved? Damage was done in the previous 4 games - tbf an improved effort but Liverpool are on the beach

Almost a decent performance. Just couldn't keep it going for 90 minutes. Ultimately another defeat. Hard to see us getting anything from United. We need a huge effort in the remaining matches. Not confident.

I’ve just seen the guard of honour we gave them, we’re too happy to be making up the numbers in this league. If we had to do it fine, and I’m not against giving the respect they deserve in the pitch, but smith is there grinning like a Cheshire Cat whilst doing it.

The problem we have is the Watford v Norwich game being played before we play again.

We should be 4 points from Safety by then.

Game fell away with poor in game management by Smith once again. Of course Liverpool have better quality on the bench, but taking off Davis, bringing Jota on? Should have taken Trezeguet and El Ghazi off earlier. Elmohamady hard working wide player would have offered more than waste of space Jota or bringing on a youngster for 5 minutes. Midfielders tailed off towards the end but no midfield subs at all. Sick of this waste of space manager now how many fucking times do we lose games because we can’t hang on to results.

Yes our awful defending has improved to poor and there was plenty of effort today, but we are going to have to win games to stay up and we rarely look like we are going to get 1 goal let alone the 2 or 3 we will probably need given how we are still conceding in every game.

A decent PL performance. We looked very well organised at the back, got forwards pretty well, missing that cutting edge where it counts. I'd say we're clearly the best of the bottom 4 teams. Still have it all to do but that gives me hope.

I imagine the last 16 teams to lose at Anfield were annoyed as well.

Man It's are a totally different prospect than Liverpool. If we play like this we stand a chance and that's all we can do.