Cooper In Or Out? | Vital Football

Cooper In Or Out?

eye_nose_hat

Vital Squad Member
I've seen a lot of talk of Cooper In vs Out so I thought it'd be good to list some pros and cons - just my opinions of course.

IN argument:
  • He can attract good loan players
  • Continuity
  • We could get his replacement badly wrong
  • Would we need a whole new backroom team again?
  • Saves us money
  • he should improve with experience
  • Set pieces defending have improved
OUT argument:
  • He's not getting the best out of the players
  • Poor game management
  • Looks tactically limited
  • Poor style of play
  • Players haven't improved
  • Poor, long run of form
  • No overall development
  • If a club came in for Cooper, would you be disappointed? Can't say I'd be bothered.
Thoughts? Fair points? I think, looking at those points, In edges it for me. Just think of Huddersfield, Stoke, Middlesbrough etc. They got it wrong and are struggling.

Last edited:
As Lee Trundle said about the criticism of Cooper on the match commentary, he has brought some top loan players in because of his England U-23’s connections. He is learning on the job but is stubborn and will not change his philosophy on how to play. It’s not the passing game that we were expecting but a boring defensive game. He is not getting the best out of the players though, but he still seems to have their respect. I wonder if we’ll ever get out of this league if he’s in charge.
We know that the Championship is full of big forwards and big defenders but we do not exploit this. When Rodon and Hoorn were together we looked solid, thankfully Hoorn came back today, but he and Rodon will be gone in the close season and we’ll be left with two rookies in central defence again.

Last edited:
We wouldn't get out of this league if potter was still here, maybe this season he would have but we are going to get worse, just look at all the players that'll be leaving.

Cooper is a coach, not a loan signer, we need more from him than just attracting a few young prospects on loan, it's not a sustainable plan, we need permanent signings as assets.