Match Day Thread: Burnley v The Mighty Blades | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Day Thread: Burnley v The Mighty Blades

Got
Get that BFL but the outcome justified Chris' decisions. Billy got the flick on for the equaliser. McB on fire but games thick and fast. Save a bit of energy?
I thought Mousset should have come on with JOC as is pace did stretch their defence. Sharp looked frustrated and got bossed but like you said he did get that flick on. I hope we can keep the majority of the squad we are just 2-3
quality players short

Got
I thought Mousset should have come on with JOC as is pace did stretch their defence. Sharp looked frustrated and got bossed but like you said he did get that flick on. I hope we can keep the majority of the squad we are just 2-3
quality players short

Sharp always looks frustrated and bossed IMO. His value to us is purely in the box. He gives away countless free kicks through fouling due to lack of pace. Still has a contribution to make though. Back to the Arsenal cup game he scores at 1-1 we win. No blame though. Good save at near post.

I only hope we 'take the knee' again, to make it 6 games in a row. We must never - repeat never - forget how guilty and racist we all are.

Come the revolution brother, you will be one of the first up against the wall.
Our white trotskyite elite are not noted for their appreciation of sarcasm, nor for having anything approaching a sense of humour. :help:

Good point in the end, but is it just me that thought we were doing too much hoofing and hoping in the 2nd half?
Unless it was a plan due to the wind?

Gradually, slowly but surely it's creeping back into our game.
I vowed I'd not watch that kind of play again after the crap we've had to watch in the past, I switched the channel over after the 1700th time somebody launched it for McBurnie to chase rather than a simple pass that was on.
It's not as though McBurnie is good at chasing hopeful balls

It's not a tactic that's used, it's not even a tactic. It's just something that happens when a team have no guile, vision and creativity or lack the confidence to use some guile, vision and creativity.

Our away games especially have resulted in this happening more and more, it's ugly and frustrating, and I was sick of screaming "inside, simple ball" at the TV

The hoof is down to minimising risk in our game.

Minimising risk is a big reason we've done well. But it's a big reason we hardly score. And it's getting increasingly difficult to watch. We've been pretty boring in 2020, to be honest.

Now we're safe and any chance of Europe is slim I really wish we'd be a bit more fearless, and believe in our ability more. Especially in these more winnable games where draws aren't enough.

Today we seemed to play more football as the game wore on - and when we had 3 attacking players on the pitch.

I don't expect a totally attractive style of play at all. And we can't abandon the things that have made us successful this season. But I don't think our success is sustainable without tweaking things in favour of attacking threat and creativity. Especially if we lose Hendo. We can't rely on being as good defensively.

The hoof is down to minimising risk in our game.

Minimising risk is a big reason we've done well. But it's a big reason we hardly score. And it's getting increasingly difficult to watch. We've been pretty boring in 2020, to be honest.

Now we're safe and any chance of Europe is slim I really wish we'd be a bit more fearless, and believe in our ability more. Especially in these more winnable games where draws aren't enough.

Today we seemed to play more football as the game wore on - and when we had 3 attacking players on the pitch.

I don't expect a totally attractive style of play at all. And we can't abandon the things that have made us successful this season. But I don't think our success is sustainable without tweaking things in favour of attacking threat and creativity. Especially if we lose Hendo. We can't rely on being as good defensively.

But that's just it
We're at greater risk playing like this than we are by playing our normal game.

We've been rock solid defensively in spite of having two wing backs and two centre halves in the opponents penalty area.

When we "dig in" and give the opponent the initiative, I NEVER trust us to get away with something.

Either win the bleeding game or go down trying United FFS.

The fans will forgive defeats if we are a constant menace, they will quickly lose heart if you perform like a Blackwell throwback

More to be positive than negative about there.

I would have taken the point before, certainly at 1-0 down. Don't want them going above us.

We just gave away a sh!t goal. The performance was decent, especially given the absentees. Though Burnley had key players missing too.

A mixed but positive game from Berge. Most pleasing is how he's already looking a goal threat.

Osborn good again. He has a future here for sure.

Robinson isn't good enough. Not to play any more than the odd game.

Norwood needs to improve. At this rate he'll need replacing.

Mousset looks more engaged and could be inching his way back into favour.

I thought Wilder's changes were decent enough today. We look good when we have 3 up front - it needs to be looked at and considered more.

What a finish by Egan too. LOL.

Agree re Mousset - he finally looked interested today and was chasing back like we need him too.
I worried that Billy was not going to be able to make an impression against the Burnley big lads, but needn't have cos his backheader for the goal was a pearler.

All good for me - we're now starting to see more positives than negatives to this extension of the season.

I wish Norwood would actually open his body when in space and see the many options to keep a forward momentum rather than just default play it BACKWARDS to the player who passed to him.

I think that is his biggest component to work on, to have the confidence to just hold on to the ball a fraction longer and look for the forward option, looks a much better player when he does do that.

Interesting that all the Match of the Day presenters agreed that we should have had a penalty. At the time I thought no, although Sky only showed it from one angle. However, it is very similar to the Egan one against Villa at home, which VAR gave against us. Not that I am surprised by the discrepancy, of course...

A draw was probably a fair result in the end, but I'm a little disappointed that we seemed to settle for it after the equaliser. Possibly a reaction to what happened last week against Arsenal?

Interesting that all the Match of the Day presenters agreed that we should have had a penalty. At the time I thought no, although Sky only showed it from one angle. However, it is very similar to the Egan one against Villa at home, which VAR gave against us. Not that I am surprised by the discrepancy, of course...

A draw was probably a fair result in the end, but I'm a little disappointed that we seemed to settle for it after the equaliser. Possibly a reaction to what happened last week against Arsenal?
Exactly that, caught between two stools, the players in particular- possibly a bit of mental scarring there.