What was the last film you watched | Page 466 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Netflix:

The last American crime........ nah, turned it off.

In The Line Of Duty. Daft, bit corny, but non stop action, very watchable. 6/11.9871

The Banker.

Anthony Mackie and Samuel L Jackson as 2 African American entrepreneurs in the 1950s who hire a white man to pose as the head of their real estate company while they posed as a janitor and a chauffeur but ran the business, later getting into banking.

Very good film. Really topical and really enjoyed it.

8 out of 10

For anyone who likes the Coach Carter/Longest Yard/Gridiron Gang type of stories (true or not).

McFarland, USA (Kevin Costner) about a running team is definitely different but of that ilk and pretty decent in my humble.

The Awakening starring Rebecca Hall, Dominic West & Imelda Staunton.

In 1921, England is overwhelmed by the loss and grief of World War I. Hoax exposer Florence Cathcart visits a boarding school to explain sightings of a child ghost. Everything she believes unravels as the 'missing' begin to show themselves.

Excellent horror/thriller. Worth a watch. 7.5/10

Carol - An aspiring photographer develops an intimate relationship with an older woman in 1950s New York.

A love story between two women that I thought was well directed and photographed although I can imagine some may find it a little slow-paced.

7.8/10.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2402927/

Last edited:
The latest Will Ferrell film Fire Saga

I loved it.

Typical Will Ferrell movie, made me laugh out loud

Many will hate it.

8.23/10

Is this child abuse?

My youngest asked for Happy Gilmore and Little Nicky earlier tonight.

I complied.

I then insisted we watched Spaceballs.

The eldest is aware of these films and went to bed.

Synchronicity starring Chad McKnight, Brianne Davis & AJ Bowen.

A physicist who invents a time machine must travel back to the past to uncover the truth about his creation and the woman who is trying to steal it.

A clever mystery, drama related to time travel. Reminds me of a Michael Mann style movie with the clever mix of cinematography and music. Worth a watch if you are interested in this type of genre. 6.5/10

The Truman Show

Wow. I wasn't expecting that! The thing basically predicted the rise of reality TV and social media/influencer-obsessed culture! Don't really know what else to say, give it a watch if you haven't already. 8.5/10

The latest Will Ferrell film Fire Saga.

Massive Will Ferrell fan and thought he was good in this, but the film as a whole was a bit disappointing.

Found it way too cheesy, which I think is probably the point for a Eurovision film in fairness, but not for me.

5/10

Hobbs and Shaw... all action, but I found it really boring as well. Nothing new at all. 5 out of 11.214

Ready Or Not.

Think I meant to watch The Hunt. Thought ready or not was from the makers of The Purge, but seems not.

It was ok, I guess, bit more of a send up, but no menace really and with just one main character, there wasn't the threat, whereas with The Purge, you never know who is going to die when.

If you like slightly comedic horror, then you would probably enjoy. For me, 4.52/11.001