Encrochat n/g | Page 2 | Vital Football

Encrochat n/g

True story coming up and I've been wrestling with whether to post it but I think I can tell it without giving away anything I shouldn't.

I was attached to a forensic search team about three years ago and we were doing a search on a drugs address.
The search team was quite young in service, I was tasked with searching a bedroom with a lad who had about 5 years in the job and the Sergeant in charge had about 6 (only one year as a skipper). There were a number of CID officers in various rooms in the house (including ours) to exhibit anything we found of interest and to witness the search.
During our search, we came across a black bin liner containing a large amount of cash (turned out to be about £250k on checking later).
As quite a significant "find" we flagged it up to CID straight away to the Sergeant by calling to him upstairs. He came into the bedroom and I just held the bag open for him to look inside.
"Bloody hell" he said "look at that lot".
I winked at the CID lads, turned to the skipper and said "I know, there must be nearly a grand in there" and laughed, as did the detectives.
The poor sergeant nearly shit himself and it took me about ten minutes to convince him that it was a joke and no, he didn't have to call in professional standards to investigate me.
He obviously wasn't well versed in the dark art of Police humour :slap:

To qualify that, OCGs are mainly white male adult orientated in the UK, either British or Eastern European or Irish in days gone by.
If I was guilty of racial stereotyping, I would have posted a pic of someone from those groups.

True story coming up and I've been wrestling with whether to post it but I think I can tell it without giving away anything I shouldn't.

I was attached to a forensic search team about three years ago and we were doing a search on a drugs address.
The search team was quite young in service, I was tasked with searching a bedroom with a lad who had about 5 years in the job and the Sergeant in charge had about 6 (only one year as a skipper). There were a number of CID officers in various rooms in the house (including ours) to exhibit anything we found of interest and to witness the search.
During our search, we came across a black bin liner containing a large amount of cash (turned out to be about £250k on checking later).
As quite a significant "find" we flagged it up to CID straight away to the Sergeant by calling to him upstairs. He came into the bedroom and I just held the bag open for him to look inside.
"Bloody hell" he said "look at that lot".
I winked at the CID lads, turned to the skipper and said "I know, there must be nearly a grand in there" and laughed, as did the detectives.
The poor sergeant nearly shit himself and it took me about ten minutes to convince him that it was a joke and no, he didn't have to call in professional standards to investigate me.
He obviously wasn't well versed in the dark art of Police humour :slap:

I think that humour is fast dying out within the police, replaced by anxiety, unease and wariness - and that`s just of each other !

I think that humour is fast dying out within the police, replaced by anxiety, unease and wariness - and that`s just of each other !
Not sure it is just the police though, I think it’s just society in general now.
Two true stories, although shortened to just the facts to avoid a Tarian length post. All names changed.

1- myself and two other guys attended an NC programming course. The course was vague and badly run. None of us learned anywhere near enough. Yet on our return were expected to utilise the machine and work out how to use it between us. One guy (Dave) sort of worked alone on it, totally his own choice. Me and Tom decided to work together (2 heads better than one) and more than once tried to include Dave. He wasn’t interested, and wanted to work alone. A month down the line none of us were getting anywhere and despite Tom and I asking for more comprehensive training it was refused. Tom decided to put up a photoshopped picture of our logo, placing the word’zero’ in front of ‘production’, to prove the point that we weren’t making anything.
Dave took offence and assumed it was aimed at him, complained to HR, claimed victimisation, bullying, lack of help from Tom and I, and all manner of daft other things. HR was duty bound to investigate and almost laughed at the suggestions when everything was explained to them.
3 months later Dave left the department to go back to a lower paid, less technical job, citing “lack of help from staff”.

2- My wife was at a works xmas do at a local rugby club. During a conversation between 4/5 people Sally told a colleague to “fuck off!”, she was led into the statement, it was in context and all 4/5 of the people within the conversation were laughing.
Another member of staff, Emma, was in earshot and after the party complained. Again HR had to investigate, however in this instance Sally was reprimanded and given a final written warning. Apparently her language could’ve offended a member of the public, this is despite the fact that it was a private works party (no members of public) and it could’ve offended the bar staff. The bar staff of a rugby club.

No humour left in the world.
Apologies, it is rather long after all..... :sorry:

Plus, there will always be someone who is offended on behalf of someone who isn't actually offended
Well I'm determined to be offended whatever you say. So there.

Just seen some clips from "Life's too short". Omg. Toe curlingly painful to watch. Had to look away at some points.Brilliant comedy. I bet the "woke" generation are having a field day at being offended by it. Warwick Davis = legend.

Not sure it is just the police though, I think it’s just society in general now.
Two true stories, although shortened to just the facts to avoid a Tarian length post. All names changed.

1- myself and two other guys attended an NC programming course. The course was vague and badly run. None of us learned anywhere near enough. Yet on our return were expected to utilise the machine and work out how to use it between us. One guy (Dave) sort of worked alone on it, totally his own choice. Me and Tom decided to work together (2 heads better than one) and more than once tried to include Dave. He wasn’t interested, and wanted to work alone. A month down the line none of us were getting anywhere and despite Tom and I asking for more comprehensive training it was refused. Tom decided to put up a photoshopped picture of our logo, placing the word’zero’ in front of ‘production’, to prove the point that we weren’t making anything.
Dave took offence and assumed it was aimed at him, complained to HR, claimed victimisation, bullying, lack of help from Tom and I, and all manner of daft other things. HR was duty bound to investigate and almost laughed at the suggestions when everything was explained to them.
3 months later Dave left the department to go back to a lower paid, less technical job, citing “lack of help from staff”.

2- My wife was at a works xmas do at a local rugby club. During a conversation between 4/5 people Sally told a colleague to “fuck off!”, she was led into the statement, it was in context and all 4/5 of the people within the conversation were laughing.
Another member of staff, Emma, was in earshot and after the party complained. Again HR had to investigate, however in this instance Sally was reprimanded and given a final written warning. Apparently her language could’ve offended a member of the public, this is despite the fact that it was a private works party (no members of public) and it could’ve offended the bar staff. The bar staff of a rugby club.

No humour left in the world.
Apologies, it is rather long after all..... :sorry:

Hear what you say, Rob. It`s often the case that the bigger the company the more sensitive it becomes about negative image. Understandable and not wrong, but, sometimes getting the heart and spirit of that message through to its supervisors and HR units is shrouded by misplaced notion, self-protection and wide sense of duty to tow the politically correct line.

Some organisations, the police is certainly one of them, go the extra mile and actually employ pro-active integrity testing on its workforce. That is, they covertly set up scenarios which, if they reveal inappropriate conduct, behavour or comment, culminate in disciplinary action against the perpetrator.