Coronavirus | Page 338 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

They’ve purposely opened pubs on a Saturday, must be for a morale boost or to try to cover up the shambles that has been the whole year pretty much.

Anyone with half a brain would go into a meeting and conclude a Saturday is the worst possible day to open the pubs.

The news reports tomorrow are going to show loutish men of a certain age with thick cockney accents making the country look stupid.

If Saturdays weather is anything like todays only an alcholic would venture out.
It has pissed it down for seven hours solid and still going strong.

I seem to recall that at the start of the Pandemic, the "r" number in Ireland was 3.
I was never an "A" student at maths so am open to being corrected but my understanding is that the "r" number represents the number of people who will be infected by one person with the virus. This means that if I have it in a scenario where the "r" number is 3, I'll pass it onto three others. They in turn will pass it onto three others and so on.
There will thus be an exponential increase in numbers. Below is a graphic which demonstrates this dramatically. It helps explain to me why I, among many others, was instructed to "cocoon" for such a protracted period. It also highlights the need for us to take care in the coming months as well.
r rate.JPGAs I said above, I'm no great shakes as a mathematician so accept that there might be a flaw in my logic.

Can't speak for the Irish R rate BBJ, but that's my understanding and why it's so important to reduce the R rate and keep it below 1 at all costs.

This quote from Sturgeon stood out at me, we do treat the other nations of the U.K. with a lot of contempt. They’ve always said it north of the border to be fair:

https://apple.news/AdGpo8KrOQ8mNNJn26MrNkA

"Just to illustrate the point (on) the shifting sands of the UK government's position - the list of countries that they were yesterday demanding that the Scottish government sign up to, and suggesting we were a barrier to getting an agreement on, is not the same as the list they have shared with us today."

I seem to recall that at the start of the Pandemic, the "r" number in Ireland was 3.
I was never an "A" student at maths so am open to being corrected but my understanding is that the "r" number represents the number of people who will be infected by one person with the virus. This means that if I have it in a scenario where the "r" number is 3, I'll pass it onto three others. They in turn will pass it onto three others and so on.
There will thus be an exponential increase in numbers. Below is a graphic which demonstrates this dramatically. It helps explain to me why I, among many others, was instructed to "cocoon" for such a protracted period. It also highlights the need for us to take care in the coming months as well.
View attachment 40650As I said above, I'm no great shakes as a mathematician so accept that there might be a flaw in my logic.

Spot on without verifying the maths, if the R rate is exactly 1 then just 10 people are infected.

Even 1.1 would be an uptick, which would probably be manageable for a few months but it would be driving a new peak.

At least the health service now knows Covid when they see it, and have the space and equipment to treat patients safely - so hopefully the key workers are better protected so won’t catch it. Their the people I feel sorry for.

I do support people getting back out and supporting establishments because there are financially vulnerable businesses and employees out there, a bar maid is paid what £9 per hour I imagine?

But like we’ve all said, open on a Monday, close at 9pm, strict limits on customers, pre booking only, table service - not a free for all.

Still, more important than doing something about this sort of thing eh?!

As a disabled woman, Ginny Butcher is roughly 11 times more likely to die from coronavirus than her peers. New figures also suggest almost two-thirds of Covid-19 deaths in the UK have been disabled people. There are now calls for an inquiry.

the Coronavirus Act - the emergency legislation the government passed at the beginning of lockdown - which took away significant parts of councils' duty to provide care for disabled people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53221435

I’m going to drive by my barbers have a look at the queue, but my strategy is to sneak out from work at a random time like 11.30am on Tuesday and hope no one does the same.

All about psychology this hair cut

Very difficult to explain that away to your boss mate, I know I've done it ;)